19 replies to this topic

#1 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 01:10 PM

If anyone is interested in some new car graphics and / or new car garage files for Rally Shift... They will be available in the next few days for download at my site. I got permission from the good people at Codeblender to release them as long as I mention that it is not an official Codeblender update. The cars now included are:

Lancer Evo V
Lancer Evo VI (Red)
Lancer Evo VI (Grey)
Seat Ibiza (from the GTS 760)
Ford Focus
Ford RS 200 (from the GTS 650)
Subaru Impreza
Peugeot 206

Here are a couple of pics if interested...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
My Badge Of Honor - Single Father of Three
Dedicated to My Mother, Patricia Lee Frabotta 1947-2009
Official Auto Sport Driving Website

#2 iRolley

iRolley

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 04:28 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on March 4th 2007, 01:10 PM, said:

If anyone is interested in some new car graphics and / or new car garage files for Rally Shift... They will be available in the next few days for download at my site. I got permission from the good people at Codeblender to release them as long as I mention that it is not an official Codeblender update. The cars now included are:

Lancer Evo V
Lancer Evo VI (Red)
Lancer Evo VI (Grey)
Seat Ibiza (from the GTS 760)
Ford Focus
Ford RS 200 (from the GTS 650)
Subaru Impreza
Peugeot 206

Here are a couple of pics if interested...

Too bad there isn't an intel version. I really liked this game, except for the aggressive AI. But the tracks were really good.

#3 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:27 PM

Yeah, I like the game. Ever since it's release, I thought it was an ambitious game from a small company. But with Colin on the horizon......... But I still like the game.

#4 miclar1

miclar1

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 11:13 AM

View PostJaguarGod, on March 4th 2007, 03:10 PM, said:

If anyone is interested in some new car graphics and / or new car garage files for Rally Shift... They will be available in the next few days for download at my site.

Yes JaguarGod, I'm very interested... Good looking cars!!!
Although I play Nascar 2003 and its mods in simulation mode 99.8% of my free time, I like an arcade break once in a while.

I bought Rally Shift shortly after it was released thinking Codeblender would continue to add cars and tracks as they sort of implied back then.

Thanks in advance for your work.
No Games but Racing Sims

#5 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

View Postmiclar1, on March 13th 2007, 12:13 PM, said:

Yes JaguarGod, I'm very interested... Good looking cars!!!
Although I play Nascar 2003 and its mods in simulation mode 99.8% of my free time, I like an arcade break once in a while.

I bought Rally Shift shortly after it was released thinking Codeblender would continue to add cars and tracks as they sort of implied back then.

Thanks in advance for your work.
Probably over the coming weekend I will release them. Thanks for the kind words.

#6 miclar1

miclar1

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:11 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on March 13th 2007, 04:50 PM, said:

Probably over the coming weekend I will release them. Thanks for the kind words.

Super!
Looking forward to D/L'em.

Please include some instructions as, contrary to N2K3 add-ons, I have no idea how to use them.

Cheers
No Games but Racing Sims

#7 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

View Postmiclar1, on March 13th 2007, 05:11 PM, said:

Super!
Looking forward to D/L'em.

Please include some instructions as, contrary to N2K3 add-ons, I have no idea how to use them.

Cheers
I will include instructions to make it easy.

View Postmiclar1, on March 13th 2007, 12:13 PM, said:

Yeah, I really thought CodeBlender would release a few more than the two extra cars. But, I have talked quite a bit with them and they are unbelievably nice, so I can let it go. The game is still pretty good considering the size company they are.

#8 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:33 AM

Sorry about the delay on the new car textures. Have been busy as hell. Will put them up for download as soon as I have time.

#9 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:07 PM

The update has finally been uploaded to my site. Download it from my website if you are interested. Please remember to BACKUP YOUR OLD CARS FOLDER! Just in case you want to go back to the originals.

#10 miclar1

miclar1

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 02:23 PM

Thanks a lot for this fine carset upgrade.

They look real good in game with no significant FPS hit.

Truly appreciated !!!
No Games but Racing Sims

#11 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:44 PM

View Postmiclar1, on April 1st 2007, 02:23 PM, said:

Thanks a lot for this fine carset upgrade.

They look real good in game with no significant FPS hit.

Truly appreciated !!!
Thank you for the kind words. I am working on a few new things for the game also.

#12 Pat

Pat

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Are the Rally Shift  texture still available somewhere?
Any new tracks?

#13 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

Holy Crap! This thread is 5 years old and brought back up again? :o Wow. I didn't think anyone was still playing this game.

I think I may still have the car textures somewhere. But that is all that was officially done. Codeblender never released any more tracks and I never did either. :crying: When I find the textures, I will post them here for you to download.

#14 iRolley

iRolley

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 03:34 PM

Rally Shift was great ! There wasn't many good racing games on Mac at the time.

#15 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Here is a link to the replacement car textures. I am shocked that I found them as there are so many Hard Drives to look through!
New Rally Shift Car Textures

#16 Pat

Pat

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostJaguarGod, on 15 December 2012 - 09:18 PM, said:

Here is a link to the replacement car textures. I am shocked that I found them as there are so many Hard Drives to look through!
New Rally Shift Car Textures

Car are great!
JaguarGod, would you know what program can be used to make user tracks for rally sport?

#17 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostPat, on 22 January 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

Car are great!
JaguarGod, would you know what program can be used to make user tracks for rally sport?
As far as I know they were only building tracks in-house. Probably/maybe with a proprietary track builder. Though they did release a "garage" app that would allow you to change the car physics and handling that was pretty neat. I worked a lot on setting the cars up better, but never really got them where I wanted them. I did release a more "stable" car handling version at that time.

You can always send Codeblender an email from the developers site HERE. They are currently working on an upgraded racing game that will work with the current intel OSX releases. You can find a test video HERE. It looks promising as far as shaders and framerates go.

#18 cbken

cbken

CodeBlender Software

• Developer
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hey Guys,

I just saw this thread..  The Rally Shift tracks were made in LightWave and exported to a custom file format using an in-house exporter. The files were then loaded into our track editor called RoadWork. All these tools were made back in the PPC days so they don't run on 10.7 or later. Both the Garage app and the track editor still runs on 10.6 in Rosetta tho. It's not really possible to create new tracks without these tools.
As you know, the car textures are easy to replace and it's great to see the improvements you guys have made.

We are planning a new rally game that will have the latest in graphics and also a much improved car physics engine. Rally Shift was made to run on pretty much the lowest performing Macs at the time so graphics was not the best possible. We learned a lot from making Rally Shift tho and this new rally game would definitely have more of both cars and tracks. Track creation is really the most time consuming part of the whole process but better tools and techniques today will save time there.

If you have ideas and suggestions please don't hesitate to leave a comment on our web site or you can write to us directly.

Thanks,
CB Ken

#19 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

View Postcbken, on 03 March 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Hey Guys,

I just saw this thread..  The Rally Shift tracks were made in LightWave and exported to a custom file format using an in-house exporter. The files were then loaded into our track editor called RoadWork. All these tools were made back in the PPC days so they don't run on 10.7 or later. Both the Garage app and the track editor still runs on 10.6 in Rosetta tho. It's not really possible to create new tracks without these tools.
As you know, the car textures are easy to replace and it's great to see the improvements you guys have made.

We are planning a new rally game that will have the latest in graphics and also a much improved car physics engine. Rally Shift was made to run on pretty much the lowest performing Macs at the time so graphics was not the best possible. We learned a lot from making Rally Shift tho and this new rally game would definitely have more of both cars and tracks. Track creation is really the most time consuming part of the whole process but better tools and techniques today will save time there.

If you have ideas and suggestions please don't hesitate to leave a comment on our web site or you can write to us directly.

Thanks,
CB Ken
Hello Ken! It is very nice to hear from you. Sorry, I created those replacement car textures a long time ago and they do not look as nice today as they did then. But I am still happy with them. I am very happy that you guys are working on another rally game. At the time Rally Shift was released it was great and I played the crap out of it. Since then I have developed my own game and am still building new content for it. Creating a proper racing game is not an easy task. That is for sure. Yes, better tools and techniques do help hurry things along that in the past would have taken a lot of time. I find building the tracks to be unbelievably time consuming. It took a long time for me to get the Mid-Ohio-Like ;) track to come together.

The new engine looks fantastic! Love the suspension video and I simply cannot wait for a finished product. Will there be FFB in the game? Especially for a rally game, FFB can be very important if you are using a wheel (even though only the Logitech wheels have FFB on OSX). Just curious as FFB on the Mac is few and far between, but a necessity I believe.

Keep up the good work.

#20 cbken

cbken

CodeBlender Software

• Developer
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

View PostJaguarGod, on 03 March 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

Hello Ken! It is very nice to hear from you. Sorry, I created those replacement car textures a long time ago and they do not look as nice today as they did then. But I am still happy with them. I am very happy that you guys are working on another rally game. At the time Rally Shift was released it was great and I played the crap out of it. Since then I have developed my own game and am still building new content for it. Creating a proper racing game is not an easy task. That is for sure. Yes, better tools and techniques do help hurry things along that in the past would have taken a lot of time. I find building the tracks to be unbelievably time consuming. It took a long time for me to get the Mid-Ohio-Like ;) track to come together.

The new engine looks fantastic! Love the suspension video and I simply cannot wait for a finished product. Will there be FFB in the game? Especially for a rally game, FFB can be very important if you are using a wheel (even though only the Logitech wheels have FFB on OSX). Just curious as FFB on the Mac is few and far between, but a necessity I believe.

Keep up the good work.

Hello!

I have looked at your web site in the past and your racing game looks really good! Yea track creation is a very time consuming and tedious process.
I want to support FFB but so far I have not been able to find any documentation on the FFB framework and now with Apple not including it anymore the chances are probably even more slim of finding any.
So here is a shameless request, since I know you have FFB support in your game. :)
Do you have any documentation on the FFB stuff that you could share or links to any documents? I can probably try to experiment based on info from header files but I'm not sure if I'll get anywhere with just that.