126 replies to this topic

#21 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:20 AM

ohhh that depends on the game. The reason for AppleCrypt was to make sure that everything we host is in a mac-compatible format and also the mod itself is Mac-tested too. I do agree about FF and other places, sometimes. So i wasn't totally against the above, sry if I seemed that way. All i wanted was AppleCrypt to be like those places - but for us Mac ppl : )

I sorta disagree with "Also the mod archives are usually Mac-compatible the mods itself may be not", as it's been my personal experience since running AppleCrypt for a couple of years,  that you're pretty much sorted with mods & maps for these games: Doom3, BF1942, Unreal Tournament(s), Quake I/II/III, RTCW, Starwars Battlefront, SoFII, Undying... As the maps/mods are compatible but often supplied as a blummin EXE file..darnit.  But:

I do agree for games like: AvP2, CoD, MoH & some total conversions for Doom3. There are many maps still not compatible with Mac-MoH and CoD, which is sad. But TCs for Doom3 needed source code compiling! Heck of a job sometimes!

So it depends on the game... imho. But this is all I meant : -)
Anyhow, gotta get more Doom3 stuff uploaded sometime soon, here's a huge collection of maps and mods that I gotta share.

Strider
AppleCrypt Mods  (as dead as a Dodo!)

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

View Poststriderdm1, on February 3rd 2007, 11:41 PM, said:

TBC - merge away! :D

There seems to be a problem.  I found only 6 of the 7 seven poly maps.  I'm still looking around.  I remembered them being more finished than this but some of the maps still have way too much weapons and ammo laying around.  That means they were still in the tweaking stage for that aspect of the game.  If you don't mind all weapons and ammo out the wazoo then these are the maps for you.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:10 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on February 7th 2007, 12:00 PM, said:

There seems to be a problem.  I found only 6 of the 7 seven poly maps.  I'm still looking around.  I remembered them being more finished than this but some of the maps still have way too much weapons and ammo laying around.  That means they were still in the tweaking stage for that aspect of the game.  If you don't mind all weapons and ammo out the wazoo then these are the maps for you.

As long as there's a flamethrower...
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#24 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:02 PM

There's never 'too much' when you're talking weapons & ammo! :D

Strider

#25 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:15 PM

Striderdm1, how about Opencoop?
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#26 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 04:10 PM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on February 7th 2007, 10:15 PM, said:

Striderdm1, how about Opencoop?

Well, long story with this one.. But to give you the short version, the authors won't give out the source.

Even though i've mithered them like crazy. lol! Nothing nasty went on, but iirc they didn't want to share as they got burnt b4 by doing that. So it's Windows only for the time being. We left on good grounds of course, so I asked them to send on the sources the moment they decided to share in the future. Good guys, i can understand their pov.

Try LMS... another similar mod I helped with :-)

Strider

#27 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:16 PM

View Poststriderdm1, on February 10th 2007, 03:10 PM, said:

Well, long story with this one.. But to give you the short version, the authors won't give out the source.

Even though i've mithered them like crazy. lol! Nothing nasty went on, but iirc they didn't want to share as they got burnt b4 by doing that. So it's Windows only for the time being. We left on good grounds of course, so I asked them to send on the sources the moment they decided to share in the future. Good guys, i can understand their pov.

Try LMS... another similar mod I helped with :-)

Strider

Too bad...

Yeah I know about LMS, it is similar and I like it.. I just was interested in trying this one out because of the new features it is getting and it's still under constant development to add new features where LMS seems to be not worked on anymore. I especially like the new features they are putting in so the players can have custom colors and heads for their models beyond the few choices you get in LMS. They are also making one for Quake 4.
--Tetsuo

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#28 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:18 PM

View Poststriderdm1, on February 7th 2007, 02:02 PM, said:

There's never 'too much' when you're talking weapons & ammo! :D

Strider

OK, I merged the 6 maps I found and because you can play them solo with nasty, rocket launching, souped up BoBs, I made a couple films.  Nothing special, just kicking around having fun and then dying like a scurvy dog.

[Edit: link to map removed]
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#29 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:53 AM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on February 11th 2007, 12:16 AM, said:

Yeah I know about LMS, it is similar and I like it.. I just was interested in trying this one out because of the new features it is getting and it's still under constant development to add new features where LMS seems to be not worked on anymore. I especially like the new features they are putting in so the players can have custom colors and heads for their models beyond the few choices you get in LMS. They are also making one for Quake 4.

Please feel free to give these guys a PM and mention my name! Along with any other Mac gamers showing an interest, of course. Maybe they're now ready to share? It was about 6-9 months ago when i last mithered them. You may have more luck? :-)

TBC:
"Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available"

Cheers all, Strider.

ps, uploading lots of Doom3 mods and sp-maps over to our file front server this weekend. But there file-manager is incredibly slow (and bad!) and i think i've lost some uploads too (damn!). Will sort out, keep yer eyes on the Doom3 section of this site! Will amend the news section of our web site once i've double checked everything is there. (TONS more Doom3 stuff still yet to play/test!)
Thx.

#30 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:44 PM

View Poststriderdm1, on February 11th 2007, 09:53 AM, said:

TBC:
"Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available"
I forgot to add a readme anyway, so I will take that down and put a new one up, but first let's troubleshoot this thing.  You were logged in but still could not download the link?  Would someone else try the link please?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#31 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 04:51 PM

I tried as well, it didn't work for me either, and I was logged in.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#32 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 08:08 PM

OK, thanks.  I'll add the readme to the archive and upload it again later.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#33 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3779 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 12 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

How long has AppleCrypt excistet? I never heard of it.. Surprisingly.. O_o
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#34 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:18 AM

my bad! Only keeping the info in my sig.
Anyhow, about as long as d3 has been out... :}

Strider

#35 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • 3512 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:02 AM

So with the new D3 SDK, is there a possibility that the mods that broke with the UB patch can be made to work again? I wouldn't mind playing through again with some mods.

#36 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 07:49 AM

maybe, but you'll have to ask someone with an intel mac that is willing to do this :-)
There are very few 'mods' that are ppc only due to the code compiles i've done over the years.. Around 5-10%? <shrug> So it's no real major loss atm. However, it's a shame cos almost all of those are total conversion mods like LMS, Pathways and Quake2 LM. Typical!

Which 'mod' are you thinking of anyhow?

cheers mate, Strider.

ps.
Edit: just updated the applecrypt news page. I've uploaded loads of Doom3 mods and sp-maps. These are a compile A-Z but i've not done anything for (ahem) quite a while yet. So there's loads more mods and spmaps still to come. Updated other areas too, like BF1942..  Hope u ppl like :)

#37 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

It seemed to me and I may be wrong but it seemed to me that it was because of the version of the SDK they where compiled with as they don't seem to work with the newer patches. So if they where recompiled with the newer SDK they should work? I mean ever since 1.3a they have not been working and the recommendation has been to stick with the older version. I myself would like to see at least LMS recompiled.

Anyway I wanted to thank you for your hard work Striderdm1 getting mods like those compiled for the mac and then putting them online along with the other stuff.
--Tetsuo

the Battle Cat said:

#38 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • 3512 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:23 PM

View Poststriderdm1, on February 14th 2007, 12:49 AM, said:

maybe, but you'll have to ask someone with an intel mac that is willing to do this :-)
Why's that? Just wondering because I cross-compile for x86 on my G5 all the time. In fact, I'd compile some mods myself if I had the source code.

Which 'mod' are you thinking of anyhow?
I was mainly remembering that the flashlight stopped working in GTX with the 1.3a patch. This was on PowerPC, mind. It was kind of a shame because the performance increase from the patch made it worth trying to play with GTX on (I have an ATI card).

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on February 14th 2007, 09:07 AM, said:

It seemed to me and I may be wrong but it seemed to me that it was because of the version of the SDK they where compiled with as they don't seem to work with the newer patches. So if they where recompiled with the newer SDK they should work? I mean ever since 1.3a they have not been working and the recommendation has been to stick with the older version.
That was my understanding as well.

Anyway I wanted to thank you for your hard work Striderdm1 getting mods like those compiled for the mac and then putting them online along with the other stuff.
Ditto.  :nods:

#39 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 01:18 PM

cheers guys :D Thanks!!

Smoke_Tetsu, yeah stick with v1.3 like i do here on my ppc. This works with all the mods that needed compiled code (chex trek, GTX, Pathways Redux, etc,etc), whereas v1.3A would brake this. Intel users are out anyhow, so they may as well go for v1.3A..

Tesseract, you caught me out mate! Yep, i'm no coder whatsoever. Not in the slightest. All the compiles came from working on the Chex Trek mod with a nice fella called Matt. We worked together to get this mod working on the Mac, i just followed his instructions. And after about a dozen attempts, the compile worked! So i just brought that experience over and contacted other authors that made mods (TCs really) that had compiled dll code. Got the source and made the mac equivilant, slapped it into a pk4 and away we go! Must have done well over a dozen mods for our macs, woohoo! Got another mod on the way, Ground Zero. So watch this space :-)

Cross-compile? Pah no ideas at all mate. I'll leave that to the ones that know what they're doing, like you: ) But to get the sources, just contact each mod developer, this is all i've done over the years. Takes some mithering sometimes - you wouldn't believe the lack of help I got from the guy that made Q2Lost Marine. I had Matt (chex trek mod) to help me on this - so you can thank a Windows guy for a Mac breakthrough!!! ;)

Shame on the GTX mod, yes this uses compiled code and was done by me. So it'll be v1.3 for PPC only, sry : ( But please do contact Gyppi (the author) as he's a great guy and would love your cross-compiles. I'm sure of it. Version 1.3A ppc and intel, superb!

Cheers again guys, appreciate the replies :D
Strider

#40 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:01 PM

View PostHapa Hanu, on January 28th 2007, 05:59 PM, said:

Take everything you have and submit it to Macologist before it's too late!

lol just come back to this thread and seen this comment. There's a Doom3 thread in the macologist general forum, lots of updates mentioned in there from over the months. Though i don't think there are many mac/doom3 people over at macologist. (shame). But that thread has tons of good stuff mac gamers should know about. imho of course ;-)

fwiw, i've uploaded a ton of doom3/bf1942 mods 'n stuff to our file front server (note, update url). Time to plug me 'ol web server heh

Hapa Hanu - what RF mods/maps do you have? You want a mirror?? I remember talking to you aaaages ago and you said there was quite a lot that worked on the Mac. Though mp, not sp, iirc..? Catch me on iChat over the weekend if you can (prob best on sunday).

Cheers mate,
Strider

ps,
are there any fans here of the action/rpg game: Myth? I love this game and must share a movie called Avon's Hope!