#1 Lord Brixton

Lord Brixton

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:28 PM

It's during the Superbowl apparently.

(The superbowl is some sort of rugby game for lightweights who are all dressed up in padded power rangers pyjamas in case the hurt themselves, for those of you outside the USA) :D

Tower MacPro 2x2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon / 4gb RAM / Radeon X1900 XT 512 / 20" Cinema Display.
MacBook Pro 1.8 gHz Core Duo  / 1gb RAM / Radeon mobility X1600 128 / 15" LCD
PowerBook G4 1x1.67ghz / 1gb RAM / Radeon mobility 9700 128 / 15" LCD

723rd kicks wussy Nar butt!

Posted Image

#2 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3680 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones
  • Steam ID:Meriones

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:18 PM

View PostLord Brixton, on January 18th 2007, 07:28 AM, said:

...(The superbowl is some sort of rugby game for lightweights who are all dressed up in padded power rangers pyjamas in case the hurt themselves, for those of you outside the USA) :D

:cool: Great, funny joke Lord Brixton! Anyway, It would be good to have Apple Corp and Apple Inc. finally reach a desicion, hopefully. Then I would be able to use more of my iTunes store money, yay!!! Well atleast the iTunes Store now has another huge band down (well that is good for the Beatles fans and bad for the people who don't like the Beatles at all).

Liberator.

P.S. I would much rather get stuff outside the iTunes Store, unless it is concerning with one hit song. If about half of the album was good or even great I would get it exclusive of the iTunes Store.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 8GB RAM | 10.8.2 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#3 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:31 PM

i doubt it really matters for anyone.
if you want a beatles CD right now, just go out buy the CD and, heres the kicker, encode it at a better bit rate than the danged 128kbps! (192kbps seems to be my sweet point of size and sound).

heres to hoping that the beatles songs are the first offered in Apple Lossless for those of us that care.

good thing overall for Apple though, im just hoping for something slightly more substantial and mac than beatles on iTunes.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#4 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3175 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:45 PM

View Postteflon, on January 17th 2007, 05:31 PM, said:

heres the kicker, encode it at a better bit rate than the danged 128kbps! (192kbps seems to be my sweet point of size and sound).

I heartily agree! This is one reason why I hadn't gone for buying songs off of iTunes, this and the DRM. I'd rather rip my own CDs!
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#5 Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:03 PM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on January 17th 2007, 04:45 PM, said:

I heartily agree! This is one reason why I hadn't gone for buying songs off of iTunes, this and the DRM. I'd rather rip my own CDs!
apples DRM is a godsend compare to some....

#6 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:26 PM

View PostLord Brixton, on January 17th 2007, 01:28 PM, said:

It's during the Superbowl apparently.

(The superbowl is some sort of rugby game for lightweights who are all dressed up in padded power rangers pyjamas in case the hurt themselves, for those of you outside the USA) :D

For those inside the USA: Rugby is the game for the individuals who lack the skill and size to play Football but desperately want to prove how tought hey are. ;)
Beatles on iTunes? $2.5 million for a 30 second spot to announce the Beatles on iTunes? Apple better have the Beatles catalog exclusively for awhile...

#7 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:30 PM

View PostRev-O, on January 17th 2007, 11:26 PM, said:

For those inside the USA: Rugby is the game for the individuals who lack the skill and size to play Football but desperately want to prove how tought hey are. ;)
Beatles on iTunes? $2.5 million for a 30 second spot to announce the Beatles on iTunes? Apple better have the Beatles catalog exclusively for awhile...

Never underestimate the power of the Boomers to get sold the same thing they've owned for the Nth time in the name of nostalgia.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#8 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:26 AM

wait wait... lack the size to play "football"? most of them are bigger than your "football" players. wouldnt surprise me too much if they were actually little squid like things, like the Daleks, just in massive body suits...

as for calling it "football" um..... no.... for almost the entire thing you run around carrying the ball.. Thats "handball" which can get you sent off in football. :P

i digress. Apple's DRM is the best one around. I dont mind that, but give me lossless audio and then Ill go an burn it to CD, and rip it back again, at whatever bit rate i want, and not have it sound rubbish, thanks. As opposed to getting that twice ripped sound which is just horrible.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64

#9 Lord Brixton

Lord Brixton

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:49 AM

View Postteflon, on January 18th 2007, 11:26 AM, said:

wait wait... lack the size to play "football"? most of them are bigger than your "football" players. wouldnt surprise me too much if they were actually little squid like things, like the Daleks, just in massive body suits...

as for calling it "football" um..... no.... for almost the entire thing you run around carrying the ball.. Thats "handball" which can get you sent off in football. :P

I think if anything they should make the Power Ranger pyjamas BIGGER: Go go Gundam Gridiron!!
I'd stay up to 3am to watch that!

Tower MacPro 2x2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon / 4gb RAM / Radeon X1900 XT 512 / 20" Cinema Display.
MacBook Pro 1.8 gHz Core Duo  / 1gb RAM / Radeon mobility X1600 128 / 15" LCD
PowerBook G4 1x1.67ghz / 1gb RAM / Radeon mobility 9700 128 / 15" LCD

723rd kicks wussy Nar butt!

Posted Image

#10 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 1986 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:27 AM

True, a Superbowl ad would be an expensive one-off announcement.

But if Apple were planning to have a Superbowl ad anyway, with silhouettes dancing around wearing iPods say, then why not have them dancing to a Beatles tune? Or plop iPod headphones on silhouettes of the Beatles playing the Ed Sullivan show. That would constitute an announcement, and they can run that commercial for a month or two.

I think it'll be something like that. Most other Apple announcements I can imagine wouldn't make sense as a Superbowl commercial.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#11 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15669 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:10 AM

They need black silhouettes of fat old boomers doing the Hully Gully to Beatles music... for about 10 seconds before they sit down and suck wind in silhouette for the next 20 seconds.  So anyway, Apple took their name, now they are set to take their music, next I expect Jobs to replace the actual music with something he slapped together in GarageBand.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#12 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2321 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:26 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on January 18th 2007, 10:27 AM, said:

True, a Superbowl ad would be an expensive one-off announcement.

But if Apple were planning to have a Superbowl ad anyway, with silhouettes dancing around wearing iPods say, then why not have them dancing to a Beatles tune? Or plop iPod headphones on silhouettes of the Beatles playing the Ed Sullivan show. That would constitute an announcement, and they can run that commercial for a month or two.

I think it'll be something like that. Most other Apple announcements I can imagine wouldn't make sense as a Superbowl commercial.

What song should they use? How about "Can't Buy Me Love"?  :lol:

#13 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3818 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 18 January 2007 - 01:33 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 18th 2007, 11:10 AM, said:

... with something he slapped together in GarageBand.

Performed by John Mayer, naturally.  :nods:
Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#14 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 1986 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:25 PM

View PostXxtraLarGe, on January 18th 2007, 11:26 AM, said:

What song should they use? How about "Can't Buy Me Love"?  :lol:

Ha!

But seriously, I'm picturing a dark screen while you hear the familiar guitar intro to I Wanna Hold Your Hand start up. And you're hearing the screaming teens fr the Ed Sullivan performance. As they start singing "Oh, yeah, I..." you see their mop-top silhouettes of that classic stage appearance, but with the iPod headphones on them.

It has a sort of subliminal equating of the Beatles' big debut in US with their debut in iTMS. And hip teens screaming their approval.

#15 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

View Postteflon, on January 18th 2007, 04:26 AM, said:

i digress. Apple's DRM is the best one around. I dont mind that, but give me lossless audio and then Ill go an burn it to CD, and rip it back again, at whatever bit rate i want, and not have it sound rubbish, thanks. As opposed to getting that twice ripped sound which is just horrible.

I was more referencing the caliber of rugby player in the USA. Here they come in 3 flavors: transplants who played rugby elsewhere, little people who need to prove how tought hey are, and the scrubs who couldn't play college football. I'm not saying the players are pansies, but this is the reality of rugby in the USA.  :nods:

Back on topic, the bit about boomers buying the Beatles for the dozenth time just because it is on iTunes made me think. What is the big deal about the Beatles on iTunes anyways? Don't most people who like the Beatles already own all that stuff? It seems to me that getting the Beatles on iTunes is like a victory dance for Apple, Inc over Apple Music. Is it just chest thumping? Another sign of percieved legitimacy? A step closer to becoming the main player in the music distrubition realm? I will acknowledge the importence of the Beatles, but what has everyone so worked up in the loins over the potential Beatles on iTunes? :huh:

#16 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 1986 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:05 PM

View PostRev-O, on January 18th 2007, 10:36 PM, said:

It seems to me that getting the Beatles on iTunes is like a victory dance for Apple, Inc over Apple Music. Is it just chest thumping?
Not really. It would mean that they were working together for a change.

Another sign of percieved legitimacy? A step closer to becoming the main player in the music distrubition realm? I will acknowledge the importence of the Beatles, but what has everyone so worked up in the loins over the potential Beatles on iTunes? :huh:

It's symbolic. They are a huge holdout from the whole digital music revolution. It would sort of complete things, kind of like when an album you like that was only available on LP finally made it to CD. Or like when Metallica finally went digital after that whole Napster thing died down.

Plus the whole Apple vs Apple Records thing, which has been going on for decades. Would like to see that useless feud go away.

Thirdly, it's good music that never really came down in price. iTMS will presumably charge less for it, and I can pick and choose certain songs too, if they aren't album-only.

Lastly, yes, it is nostalgia. I grew up with their music, largely because my sister was a huge fan in the 70's, and it's comforting to me to hear it again, and yet hearing it as an adult I hear things I completely missed when I was younger. It's a large catalog, and I own very little of it.

Does that help?

#17 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 01:50 AM

View PostMatt Diamond, on January 19th 2007, 04:05 AM, said:

Plus the whole Apple vs Apple Records thing, which has been going on for decades. Would like to see that useless feud go away.

its a potential money making bonanza for all!!!!!

#18 sillek

sillek

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:11 PM

Let's see ......

Beatles on iTunes..  ::Yawn::, how boring.

Mac Gamers arguing about football and rugby..  ::Yawn::, how boring.  

Watch what you like....who cares what someone else watches ?

#19 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 12:46 PM

Because then forums would cease to exist.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#20 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15669 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:48 PM

And I would be forced to get a REAL job, and nobody involved wants THAT!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat