#61 GDHM

GDHM

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:36 AM

View PostDavid_Edmundson, on January 11th 2007, 06:08 AM, said:

Sorry to hear all you guys are having issues. I first heard of the problem when speaking to someone from macworld this afternoon, we've been rather busy so apologies for not getting back to you sooner.

Firstly I'd like to say I don't think the comments here are representative of the number of people who have had a problem. If you have a problem you're more likely to post a comment on it. Please don't be discouraged by reading this and still try the demo. A lot of people seem to be having a great time and are really enjoying it.

A few people are asking why the demo installer is so large. The reason is because the demo now includes multiple languages. That support stretches into audio for the entire game, including the voice over on the tutorial, and some of the background radio. The audio is by far the largest part of the game, so adds up quite quickly when having to have multiple copies. It also explains why your installed size will be significantly smaller than that of the installer. Running an english and international version of the installer would be ideal, but this caused so much extra confusion with Imperial Glory that we decided against it.

The crash is quite concerning, and as yet we're not sure what the problem is. It would be helpful if anyone with problems could email your system reports and details of the crash to themoviessupport@feralinteractive.com
when we have lots of these we will be able to scan through these and search for a pattern. If you let us know, we can start to try and do something about it. It appears from the one report I have had that Installer Vise occasionally isn't copying accross the langauge specific components though I'm not entirely sure why. So far we haven't been able to reproduce the problem so aren't getting very far.

Once again, apologies for any inconvenience caused, I hope this matter can be resolved soon.

David Edmundson

Feral Interactive

Dear mister Edmundsun,
It's very nice to hear from you!
I've been trying to puzzle out from the beginning of the release, why the demo won't run in my comp and sended your company 2 crash reports.
I would really really really LOVE to play this game, and when the demo doenst work, I dont dare to buy the full product...
It's nice to hear you are working on this, and I'm sure looking forward o play the game.
Many greets from Holland,

Bark aka GDHM

#62 xmacintosh

xmacintosh

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:30 PM

I have problem with The Movies Demo too. It crashes after I click the game icon... :(

iMac G5 1.8 (rev. B) 1GB RAM ATI 9600 Graphics 128MB

#63 David_Edmundson

David_Edmundson

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 04:47 AM

The cause of this issue has now been found. Sorry for the delay, we were away at MacWorld when we first heard about the problem.

The problem comes when installing the demo into a language the demo does not support. It should be defaulting back to English however in some cases this does not appear to be the case. This means some crucial files end up not being copied across to the hard drive and the game fails to load.

This issue is not apparent in the full retail version of the game.

We are currently working on newer version of the installer that fixes this issue.

If you are eager to play the demo there is a workaround you can use. Open System Preferences and select Langauge. In here select English as your default language. Install the demo by double clicking the installer. Be sure to delete any previous installs first. You can now reset the language to your desired language in the same way through system preferences.

If you could confirm through Personal Message that this workaround worked and that was the cause of your problem that would be appreciated.

#64 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 07:06 AM

Nice work David.
thanks for the heads up.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#65 xmacintosh

xmacintosh

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

Thanks!!! The demo works now!