64 replies to this topic

#21 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

ok... this is pretty odd. I get the reason for the massive download, but comparatively small demo now though...

where does the installer put the demo folder? is it the applications folder? try putting it on the desktop, or preferably in a separate Games folder at root level on your HDD (so, alongside system, library, users, apps etc. etc).

send in feedback to Feral, cos i really expected more from them with this release.. a lot better.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#22 dokter_mac

dokter_mac

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:23 PM

View PostFelix, on January 6th 2007, 12:39 AM, said:

Its an international demo, the installer includes also a german and french version of The Movies too, the installer only install only that language that your system use.
The installer installs all these languages. I have removed the languages and installed the game with just the English language. Same thing.
I realy don't believe that language-files are that big.
It's the installerfile in the package that's so big (the one that's compressed). Not the language files.

You are very lucky the game runs on your Mac. You are running 10.4.8, can you give some specs from your Mac? (type processor, GPU, RAM, etc.)
Is the interface in German? Are there any sounds or movies translated in German?
Anyway, 800Mb for a 300Mb demo is weird. I have never seen this before.
There are 5 languages in the installer (just "Apple I" de installerfile). I wonder if the game itself comes in all those languages?

I also tried installing the game in different locations and this is not working.
And the feedback has been send to Feral, because i expected also more from this release.

#23 one

one

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:39 PM

The Movies demo works for me.  I am running Mac OS X 10.4.8 on a powerpc dual 2ghz g5 with ati radeon 9800 w256mb

#24 Riko

Riko

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:24 AM

Works here to, on my crappy Dual 1 GHz MDD Mac OSX 10.4.7 :)
Had to quit classic for it though.

So where is that "can damage your system mumbo" coming from? ;)

#25 Aleksi

Aleksi

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:37 AM

Game works great on my Dual 2.5ghz G5, 5 gig ram, Radeon XT800.
Mac os X 10.4.8

This game is a winner! Finally something rather original!

#26 simsbaby

simsbaby

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 03:53 AM

The game works on my intel iMac, but the people explode when I move the camera too close to them. It does run really smooth besides that though.  :happy:

Intel iMac 2 GHz Core Duo
Ram : 2 GB
Hard Drive : 250 GB

#27 Felix

Felix

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:47 AM

View Postdokter_mac, on January 6th 2007, 02:23 AM, said:

The installer installs all these languages. I have removed the languages and installed the game with just the English language. Same thing.
I realy don't believe that language-files are that big.
It's the installerfile in the package that's so big (the one that's compressed). Not the language files.

You are very lucky the game runs on your Mac. You are running 10.4.8, can you give some specs from your Mac? (type processor, GPU, RAM, etc.)
Is the interface in German? Are there any sounds or movies translated in German?
Anyway, 800Mb for a 300Mb demo is weird. I have never seen this before.
There are 5 languages in the installer (just "Apple I" de installerfile). I wonder if the game itself comes in all those languages?

I also tried installing the game in different locations and this is not working.
And the feedback has been send to Feral, because i expected also more from this release.

Yes, the whole interface, sounds etc. are translated.
My Mac is a PowerMac G4 867 Mhz Dual, 1792 MB RAM with Radeon 9800 Pro and it runs quite nice.

#28 Zorcky

Zorcky

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:00 AM

Well i have tested this demo on a 24" iMac with GeForce 7600 and 2 Gb ram and 10.4.8, i have tryed the game in the app, home, ... folders but none helped me.

If i read this topic it looks there is no line what the problem can be, if i look to the error log it looks like there is a folder missing at this path:

User:Library:Preferences:ZonicConfig:Preferences Data

Can someone archief this folder?
Hey Dutch Mac Gamers, take a look at here!

#29 Felix

Felix

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 08:30 AM

View PostZorcky, on January 6th 2007, 03:00 PM, said:

User:Library:Preferences:ZonicConfig:Preferences Data

Can someone archief this folder?

Strange, i dont even have that folder too and the game runs. :huh:

#30 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:00 AM

well, there must be something that everyone has in common that is stopping them from playing the demo... so do any of the people running this have any haxies, or extensions or something installed?

that game folder wont exist with this game. The main reason being that Feral has used Robosoft to do the porting as opposed to Zonic..

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64

#31 Riko

Riko

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:10 AM

Haxies is my idea to. I have none. Maybe running Applejack on startup(apple key-s) will help?
Its the only thing that keeps my MDD slightly 'working' and me somewhat 'sane'.

http://applejack.sourceforge.net/

#32 Ranger_Joe

Ranger_Joe

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Steam Name:rangerjoe79
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:10 AM

I just played through the demo and I had a blast.  The controls felt very natural as the game seems to have evolved from their 'theme park tycoon' game series.  Is there a spot or menu in the game that gives you a breakdown of the staff you have working at your themepark, er, studio? I see that the stars and directors get their own spaces on the left side of the screen, but there were times that I was looking for my scriptwriters and had to hunt them down by hand.

#33 GDHM

GDHM

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

View PostRanger_Joe, on January 6th 2007, 04:10 PM, said:

I just played through the demo and I had a blast.  The controls felt very natural as the game seems to have evolved from their 'theme park tycoon' game series.  Is there a spot or menu in the game that gives you a breakdown of the staff you have working at your themepark, er, studio? I see that the stars and directors get their own spaces on the left side of the screen, but there were times that I was looking for my scriptwriters and had to hunt them down by hand.

hey Ranger Joe, you play the English version?

View Postteflon, on January 6th 2007, 04:00 PM, said:

well, there must be something that everyone has in common that is stopping them from playing the demo... so do any of the people running this have any haxies, or extensions or something installed?

well, I got You Control Tunes (in The Movies you can use iTunes) and I turned that off, didnt work out...Also Mighty Mouse (the cursor-change prog) didnt help either...

btw:

Opened the prog w/ Terminal and I get
"Floating point exception"
as error message

What's that?

#34 Ranger_Joe

Ranger_Joe

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts
  • Steam Name:rangerjoe79
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:19 AM

View PostGDHM, on January 6th 2007, 10:19 AM, said:

hey Ranger Joe, you play the English version?
Yes.  I downloaded the game from IMG.

#35 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:25 AM

View PostRanger_Joe, on January 6th 2007, 10:10 AM, said:

There are little left/right arrow under your star icons. Click them to cycle through different staff types until you see the pencils (the writers). Then you can just double click on their grey bar icons and zip right to them, or simply drag the grey bar and they'll pop from whereever they are and just drop them into the writing studio. No one but stars and directors has a picture for an icon, simply grey bars.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#36 WSTE_M

WSTE_M

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1159 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 06:17 PM

I downloaded the game, and it does run after installing.
It crashes if you just look at it funny, but it does run...

You guys who have trouble: have you:
1. tried reinstalling
2. placed the game in you applications folder ?

you might try both. In some cases that helps...

Mind you, the demo is about 1hour long, and half of that time is a tutorial (so much for getting addicted by the demo....)
Oh well, I guess we should be glad for getting a demo in the first place!

W
blowing stuff up in the virtual world since 1994

#37 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 03:55 AM

try disabling auto saving in the options. I believe that might be the reason why the demo crashes.

#38 GDHM

GDHM

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 06:07 AM

how to disable that if i even cant get in?  :unsure:

#39 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:20 AM

no, i meant that when you get the demo to load, then disable them to prevent you crashing out of the game.
I still have no idea on why you cant load the game...

when people manage to load the demo, do you get the traditional Feral opening window with options to change resolution etc. etc. prior to it loading up? or does it go straight through?
perhaps, try holding down command (i believe) to get that to load...

#40 Ari

Ari

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 09:34 AM

The game doesn't even launch on my system 10.4.8, dual G5 2GHz, 2 GB, Ati Radeon X800XT 256 MB.

First I installed it on my applications folder - didn't work. Then tried reinstalling it on my second hard drive with same result.
I wonder what language the installer assumes I want to use? I didn't see any language options when installing and I'm running Finnish OS.

I'm glad there is the demo - at least, I know not to buy the game now as it clearly isn't working for me. ;)