U-Boat by Deadly Games

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ursus

Ursus

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:18 PM

Hi gamers.  Does anybody have an old copy of U-Boat or Drumbeat circa 1995?  My #1 disk has an error on it that cannot be repaired.  I bought an old 190 to run the game on and then the disk is bad!  If someone knows where to find/ this game PLEASE let me know.  I MUST play this game again.  Deadly Games, the developer does not seem to be around anymore...at least they are not responding to emails.  Thanks for any help!
Ursus
Mobilus in Mobili

#2 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:44 PM

Welcome to the IMG forums!

I'm currently away from home. When I get back I'll check my stash of Mac floppies and see if I still have it. I'll send you a note if I do and I'm not home till Sat.

edit:: Hmmm, maybe it's the WWII bomber game by Deadly Games that I have.

#3 Ursus

Ursus

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

View PostHuntn, on January 3rd 2007, 08:44 PM, said:

Welcome to the IMG forums!

I'm currently away from home. When I get back I'll check my stash of Mac floppies and see if I still have it. I'll send you a note if I do and I'm not home till Sat.

Thanks for checking.  I've looked about everywhere else I can think of.  It must be out there somwhere!
BTW, Love the quote by the Shovler.  How's this?...When you learn to balance a tack hammer on your head, you will learn to head off your enemies with a balanced attack!
Mobilus in Mobili

#4 frunobulax

frunobulax

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:33 PM

View PostUrsus, on January 3rd 2007, 03:18 AM, said:

Hi gamers.  Does anybody have an old copy of U-Boat or Drumbeat circa 1995?  My #1 disk has an error on it that cannot be repaired.  I bought an old 190 to run the game on and then the disk is bad!  If someone knows where to find/ this game PLEASE let me know.  I MUST play this game again.  Deadly Games, the developer does not seem to be around anymore...at least they are not responding to emails.  Thanks for any help!
Ursus

I have Drumbeat 2.5, as well as Bomber III and M4. Was playing Drumbeat a months back - still the BEST naval game ever, even if it's toally outdated graphics wise. Why is no one making an OSX version of Drumbeat - or any WW2 submarine game for that matter ?!?
"At 20 years of age the will reigns, at 30 the wit, at 40 the judgment." - Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790) US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer

#5 Thinine

Thinine

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

I have the old Sub Battle Simulator game, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

#6 Ursus

Ursus

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:22 PM

View Postfrunobulax, on January 11th 2007, 05:33 PM, said:

I have Drumbeat 2.5, as well as Bomber III and M4. Was playing Drumbeat a months back - still the BEST naval game ever, even if it's toally outdated graphics wise. Why is no one making an OSX version of Drumbeat - or any WW2 submarine game for that matter ?!?

I've never tried Drumbeat, but I hear it's really great.  If a game is a classic, the old graphics can be lived with.  I totally agree with you.  It really is too bad the OSX has no wwII sub games.  There's a huge market for it I bet!  Too bad Deadly Games doesn't jump back in the ring.

View PostThinine, on January 12th 2007, 06:06 PM, said:

I have the old Sub Battle Simulator game, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.
I've never heard of that one.  What's it like?  Was it made before or after 1995?
Mobilus in Mobili

#7 Thinine

Thinine

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 03:13 PM

1994 by Digital Illusions.

It's pretty primitive and I could never really complete the missions. I could sink a battle group if it was right in front of me but intercepting or waiting for one was another matter.

#8 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 January 2007 - 08:03 AM

View PostHuntn, on January 3rd 2007, 10:44 PM, said:

Sorry for the long response time... It is Bomber that I have.