24 replies to this topic

#21 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 02:20 PM

i want to be able to play it with a controller.

but i agree, a control scheme something like Kill Monty should be implemented. Purely because its more natural, and far far far less forced feeling to play that way.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#22 hambone

hambone

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:41 AM

View PostPegasus, on December 2nd 2006, 04:10 PM, said:

As if the game isn't difficult enough than to worry about where one is going to float off to. I don't get why people moan about the controls. I have no problems with them. The only nice addition would be the ability to strafe, as tBC suggested.

lolerz -- play many inertia-based arcade games? "strafing" is effectively what they allow you to do, only the strafing is "analog" rather than "digital", and therefore a lot more natural and fun.

i tend to disagree with the mouse interface suggestion. ClickQuest ™ hasn't been fun since DiabloII. it worked in Kill Monty because that mechanism was effectively the game, whereas Sketchfighter is level- and achievement-based. it would be annoying.

#23 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 03:02 PM

Actually, the game became relatively easy after I managed to snag some of the fighter upgrades. Just beat it a few minutes ago. I certainly liked the end-fight; it was very imaginative. Now there's the "new" hard game to tackle.

No, I still don't think there's need for an Asteroids-like control mechanism. If such a feature was in place you might as well kiss your ass goodbye in the boss-fights, most of which aren't exactly easy.

All in all, I thought it was worth the purchase.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#24 tiskippy

tiskippy

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:19 PM

I'm very pleased with the game as well.  Bought it Friday night, beat it yesterday.  As you get farther into the game, some situations are no longer problems (such as dying from bumping into walls).  Overall, the game is very creative, and I hope that we see lots of good user maps come out.

As for people complaining about the difficulty of aiming precisely, it become less of a problem as you get better weapons during the game (super wave gun!).  I'm definitely planning on playing through that campaign a couple more times - to get 100% and to try it on hard.

I'd highly recommend buying SketchFighter - I'm certainly glad I did!
Brandon
MacBook Pro, 2.16GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 15" Glossy Display

#25 Marble

Marble

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 06:04 AM

I thought it was ok.  I love Ambrosia but don't feel like they've been really pushing themselves lately.  About the demo: like others, I found the controls pretty frustrating.  It's a problem that people are finding themselves dying more often by mistake then by being overwhelmed by opponents, which is a very different kind of feeling.  Rotating to get that discrete angle to hit the smaller enemies can really be a pain!