#41 Jon God

Jon God

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 02:59 PM

Sounds like the spy watch game from SpyFox :P

Go ahead and send to them as well as to joedelta and Mark Pierce, we'll see if we can make them sweat! (By the way, is the game really done? Why aren't at least some of them advertising that fact to us?)

Read the Wikipedia article for Return To Dark Castle. they finished it december 19th last year
You gotta love Dark Castle!
Return to Dark Castle

#42 Jon God

Jon God

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 04:30 PM

Yeah, I've been in contact with them for the past few months, hearing about what's been happening. Also, tell me if you think the Wikipedia article I made can be improved.

I realized something else, ANOTHER way of contacting Joe, is by posting a comment on his blog post Here:

EDIT (NEW LINK):

http://www.deltatao....0512/index.html

Comment on "Return To Dark Castle".

Also, I just today, got a screenshot of the Secret level in Color Dark Castle, check the wikipedia page for info and the pic:

http://en.wikipedia....lor_Dark_Castle
Return to Dark Castle

#43 tbone922

tbone922

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:15 PM

Hey, I noticed that, in order to actually post on Joe's blog, you need to get to it this way:

http://www.deltatao....4611/index.html

This is the main page for his blog, just scroll down until you see the "Giant Tree" pic under Return to Dark Castle, and click on comments (looks like quite a few have already sprung up!).

For some reason, when I tried to leave a comment from the Games page of the blog, I was taken to an error page.  Oh well.  Maybe I'm the only one with this problem.

All readers, if you're interested in the game, continue to send your messages to Joe (joe@deltatao.com or at the blog above) and Mark Stephen Pierce at Super Happy Fun Fun:

http://www.superhapp...om/contact.html

#44 Jon God

Jon God

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:55 PM

For anyone who's to lazy to click the above link, Mark Stephen Pierce's E-Mail is:

mpierce (at) shff.com

ALSO if you are lazier then that, you don't have to sign up to post on Joe's blog.

(Edit-LB - Again, just bot-proofing the mail address)
Return to Dark Castle

#45 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:29 AM

View PostJanichsan, on February 20th 2007, 06:41 AM, said:

"Super Happy Fun Fun"?

"Super Happy Fun Fun"???  :blink:

That's probably the dumbest name for a games company I ever heard...

You know, it actually sounds more like something a Japanese company would pick rather than an American one. I've come across plenty of weird-sounding English titles during my stay in Japan; may that be food, games, magazines... you name it! Supper Happy Fun Fun would certainly fit right in.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#46 Jon God

Jon God

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:04 AM

I Repeats:

View PostJon God, on February 20th 2007, 12:59 PM, said:

Sounds like the spy watch game from SpyFox :P

Return to Dark Castle

#47 tbone922

tbone922

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:25 AM

This is in the other forum thread as well, just letting everyone know that I've heard from Mark Pierce at SHFF today (hopefully many of you have as well), and he says that SHFF and Delta Tao are working hard to resolve ASAP.   Good news, now we'll wait and see what Delta Tao has to say.

#48 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 12:23 PM

View PostPegasus, on February 21st 2007, 02:29 AM, said:

You know, it actually sounds more like something a Japanese company would pick rather than an American one. I've come across plenty of weird-sounding English titles during my stay in Japan; may that be food, games, magazines... you name it! Supper Happy Fun Fun would certainly fit right in.

Reminds me of Happy Fun Ball.

#49 Jon God

Jon God

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:15 PM

I wonder who came up with the name, like who thought: "Hey let's be named 'Super Happy Fun Fun'!" :P
Return to Dark Castle

#50 tbone922

tbone922

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

Evokes the image of Toys 'R Us, except on steroids!  Kind of a kindergarten-tastic environment, with toys, polka dots, kiddie-music, and Santa Claus and little elves running around.   :D

#51 Jon God

Jon God

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, but only those with Cell Phones :P
Return to Dark Castle

#52 tbone922

tbone922

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:26 PM

I've come clean about this in the other forum thread, so I figured I should mention something here: Butalan is fake, I conjured him, it was a stupid stunt on my part to try and bolster the number of posts in this forum relating to Return to Dark Castle (I didn't care about my own forum, mind you, only about this game).  Pathetic?  Well, yes, and while I'm only trying to get the word out about this particular game (along with Jon God, here, who has done a great job the *honest* way), I know that dishonest means are not reallly the way to go.

Unfortunately, it took being called out on something like this to expose the ridiculousness of the situation, and I apologize to everyone here and to those who run the IMG forum.  Rest assured, I will stick to this one name and stop causing trouble.

Thanks, and I hope you all can understand where I'm coming from (even if you don't agree with what I did).

#53 tbone922

tbone922

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 05:00 PM

And, by the way, in case people are smelling some kind of scam here, Jon God is NOT the same person as me.  Seeing his posts spurred me to begin mine, the last thing I would want to do is take credibility away from him.  I wanted to, along with him, provide a spot for fans of Dark Castle to voice their opinions on RTDC as well as to motivate others to show an interest in the game.

Sorry, Jon God, and to everybody else.

#54 Jon God

Jon God

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:38 AM

It's cool, like I said, as long as there is no harm done, there is, no harm done :P
Return to Dark Castle

#55 tbone922

tbone922

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:14 AM

Well good, thanks for that as well!  Now, back to discussing matters at hand: we should be hearing from Delta Tao soon, no?  Any other readers out there, send in your inquiries about the game:

http://www.deltatao.com/contact.html
http://www.superhapp...om/contact.html

#56 izdale

izdale

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:47 PM

I have contacted DT and SHFF, and I encourage anyone who hasn't to please contact them.  It is making a difference.

#57 Jon God

Jon God

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:04 PM

If Delta Tao and SHFF don't get their backs in gear, then Return To Dark Castle could head for a fall release, which none of us want, so anyone who hasn't already contacted them, now is a very good time to do it.
Return to Dark Castle

#58 tbone922

tbone922

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:45 PM

Great!  Great!  Great!  Yes, whether Joe Williams realizes this or not, companies DO have a public that they have a responsibility to respond to, and we need to make a statement saying that we want this game SOONER, not later.  I really hope they take notice and do what is necessary to get this released by the spring.

Release the game, Delta Tao!

#59 Jon God

Jon God

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 03:32 AM

I HAVE changed the address of the board:

http://s6.invisionfr...rk_Castle_Forum

this should be it's permanent address, so update your bookmarks.
Return to Dark Castle

#60 tbone922

tbone922

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:20 AM

Cool.  And, those who send emails, feel free to paste the links of our forums, to show DT and SHFF that people are not only interested, but actively awaiting the release of the game.  I would hope they'll be more likely to act if they actually see that people are watching their every move.  :)