128 replies to this topic

#61 Bill Ramey

Bill Ramey

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 03:38 AM

No One Lives Forever used to run very poorly on my MacBook Pro but now runs well under 10.4.9.  Whereas before even using the cursor to choose menu options was laggy at best, there is no lag now in choosing menu options.  As for gameplay, it too is much improved, and I cannot detect any lag.

I also went ahead and installed NOLF 2 with the same good results.  It would seem that Rosetta has improved enough to make these games playable (with the caveat that I haven't yet played them through to the end).

My system specs are: MacBook Pro 2 GHz, 1G RAM, 128M ATI Radeon X1600.

#62 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 04 June 2007 - 04:41 AM

Shouldn't Alice and SimCity 4 also be removed due to existing UBs?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#63 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

True. I'll remove Alice, but not Sim City 4 because the patch isn't final yet.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#64 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts
  • Location:Somewhere between the computer, the fridge and the nursery

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:26 AM

Tron 2.0

Ran well at very high graphic settings until I got to the "Observation tower" chapter, and since then is now sort of jerky. This may be because there just seems to be more background visual information and eye candy as you go further into the single-player campaign. Still fun, though.  Sorry I can't be more technical.
My computer:
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
  Number Of Processors: 1
  Total Number Of Cores: 2
  L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
  Memory: 2 GB
  Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
  Type: Display
  Bus: PCIe
  VRAM (Total): 256 MB

#65 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:33 PM

View Postalldaveallen, on June 24th 2007, 11:26 AM, said:

Ran well at very high graphic settings until I got to the "Observation tower" chapter, and since then is now sort of jerky.

Spoiler

--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#66 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 09:51 AM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on June 24th 2007, 06:33 PM, said:

Is that where you have to protect Ma3a by shooting down at virus programs from a tower? If so I had sort of the same problem even on a PowerPC Mac.

NO, Mr. Spoiler Man :) ...  I haven't gotten that far yet! (I bought it on EBay about a year ago and am just now playing it).  I was in the section last night where you need to to retrieve 3 fragmented emails from library stacks and the game got really slow...  And this is after I had set it to the game's preset "medium" display settings, down from my initial optimistic "high" setting.

#67 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 25 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

View Postalldaveallen, on June 25th 2007, 09:51 AM, said:

NO, Mr. Spoiler Man :) ...  I haven't gotten that far yet! (I bought it on EBay about a year ago and am just now playing it).  I was in the section last night where you need to to retrieve 3 fragmented emails from library stacks and the game got really slow...  And this is after I had set it to the game's preset "medium" display settings, down from my initial optimistic "high" setting.

*whoops*  :bleedingeyes:  :lol:
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#68 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 06:11 PM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on June 25th 2007, 02:39 PM, said:

*whoops*  :bleedingeyes:  :lol:
It's all good... I'm actually on that part right now and completely sucking at it. And not just because I am running into the jerky action problem, unfortunately.

#69 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:03 AM

View Postalldaveallen, on June 25th 2007, 05:11 PM, said:

It's all good... I'm actually on that part right now and completely sucking at it. And not just because I am running into the jerky action problem, unfortunately.

I'm replying to myself... hopefully this isn't one of those time travel paradox things.  Anyhoo.  

Brief clarification: my comp is a 24" IMac with the 2.16 processor.

Update: Finished the game (on EASY, because I am just terrible with the disc-throwing).  I'd say that graphic performance throughout, on what the game calls "medium" settings (medium resolution, some effects turned off, yadda yadda--I can probably post complete info if necessary) was average or below average. A fair amount of jerkiness. I happened to have downloaded the Quake 4 demo recently, and was shocked at how much more smoothly that game, with its extremely detailed graphics, ran than Tron 2.0, an older game with deliberately "computer-like" graphics.  Hmmm.  Next up, Freedom Force.

#70 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:46 PM

View Postalldaveallen, on June 29th 2007, 10:03 AM, said:

I'm replying to myself... hopefully this isn't one of those time travel paradox things.  Anyhoo.
Your past self had PMed me 4 days ago complaining that you are stalking him in the future.  At first I thought you were nuts but today I see that you knew what you were talking about.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#71 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on June 29th 2007, 01:46 PM, said:

Your past self had PMed me 4 days ago complaining that you are stalking him in the future.  At first I thought you were nuts but today I see that you knew what you were talking about.

Oh, I ALWAYS will have been about to knowing.  It's my future self that will have always going to be a liar. clear?

#72 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17430 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 June 2007 - 06:49 PM

View Postalldaveallen, on June 29th 2007, 04:56 PM, said:

Oh, I ALWAYS will have been about to knowing.  It's my future self that will have always going to be a liar. clear?
Here is what I took from that:  Hindsight is 20-20 and you never know what tomorrow brings.  Is that a close enough translation?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#73 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:50 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on June 29th 2007, 05:49 PM, said:

Here is what I took from that:  Hindsight is 20-20 and you never know what tomorrow brings.  Is that a close enough translation?

Actually, it's probably more like "Hang in there baby, because it's almost the first day of the rest of your life."

#74 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:31 PM

View Postalldaveallen, on June 30th 2007, 09:50 AM, said:

Actually, it's probably more like "Hang in there baby, because it's almost the first day of the rest of your life."
or it's a t-shirt that says "Ask me about being my own grandchildren."

#75 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 12:11 AM

OK, anyway...trying to play the Freespace2 Mac port, seems to run fine, but I am on the really really annoying "find 7 navigation buoys in a cosmic storm" mission and I can't continue to look at it without getting a migraine.  So, it runs as well as it ever did on my g4 laptop, which is to say it looks dated but it's still fun (except for the aforesaid mission).

#76 alldaveallen

alldaveallen

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

View PostPegasus, on December 3rd 2006, 02:26 PM, said:

Well, I can tell you right now Gooball just won't work. You can get into the menu, but that's it. As soon as you try to start the actual game it crashes...

Besides, Ambrosia itself says it's incompatible with Intel Macs. Unless you have an older Mac to play it on you're out of luck.

It's too bad that there isn't a UB for it. Works well enough on my PB, but it would look sooo much better on my iMac.

I have been playing it of late on my intel iMac and it seems to work just fine...  Isn't it a question of having the Unity player thingie updated?

#77 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 06:23 PM

View Postalldaveallen, on July 5th 2007, 06:41 PM, said:

I have been playing it of late on my intel iMac and it seems to work just fine...  Isn't it a question of having the Unity player thingie updated?

The Unity player thingie only applies to Web games, not stand-alones (where the player is part of the package and not update-able).  However, Gooball is Universal now and has been for at least a couple of months I think, so that's sorted then....

--Eric

#78 Arenzera

Arenzera

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:21 AM

View PostPegasus, on November 12th 2006, 06:34 AM, said:

Jazz Jackrabbit 2
Publisher: ?
- Unplayable. 10.4.1(osx86project.org)

This is simply untrue. On my new 2.2Ghz MacBook Pro, Jazz2 is very playable. The only problem is that some sounds end somewhat abruptly. I'm running Mac OS X 10.4.10.

Kiel

#79 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 23 July 2007 - 12:13 PM

I just note that everything between "Jets'n'Guns" and "Myth III" appears twice in the list.

I could also add Fallout 1: works absolutely perfectly (MBP, 2GHz, ATI x1600, 256 MB VRAM, 2 GB RAM, MacOS X 10.4.10)

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#80 Douglas

Douglas

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 11:54 PM

Hello!  Here is my input...hope this helps!!!

Douglas

:)

Dungeon Siege
Publisher: MacSoft
Recommended Update 1.2

- Runs extremely well under Rosetta with max settings at 1680 x 1050.
- Tested Single Player, Multiplayer (Gameranger), Mod (Lazarus)...all without any problem.
- MacPro 2 x 2.66GHz Dual-Core Xeon, 1GB Ram, ATI Radeon X1900xt, 20" Apple Cinema Display, OS X 10.4.10
- 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro, 4GB ram, Mac OS X 10.5.8, Windows XP Pro & Vista, Nvidia 8800 GT
- 1.67 GHz PPC G4 Powerbook, 2 GB ram, 80 GB hd (OS X 10.5.8)
- 1 Ghz PPC G3 Blue & White, 1 GB ram, 320 GB hd (OS 9.1)

Playing - (Mac OS)  Bioshock, Battlefield 1942, Halo (Windows) Battlefield 2