24 replies to this topic

#1 Zebra

Zebra

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:39 PM

Has anyone pre-ordered The Fool And His Money yet?  I did and it apparently gets your name in the game credits or somesuch if you do.  Anyone else anticipating this?  I was nuts for The Fool's Errand back in the day.

Zebra

#2 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:47 PM

View PostZebra, on November 7th 2006, 08:39 PM, said:

Has anyone pre-ordered The Fool And His Money yet?  I did and it apparently gets your name in the game credits or somesuch if you do.  Anyone else anticipating this?  I was nuts for The Fool's Errand back in the day.

Zebra

I preordered it literally years ago. It's been delayed a number of times since then... but it looks like my patience will finally be rewarded this year.
Matt Diamond - www.mindthecube.com
Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times.

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17373 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:27 AM

I'm not here to cast any aspersions but... pre-ordering anything with the title "A Fool and His Money" should be something to carefully consider.  :lol:
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:30 PM

Har!  You might be onto something there...all those suspiciously long delays....hmm....  ;)

--Eric

#5 Blackshawk

Blackshawk

Narcissist Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1790 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:06 PM

It was really late when I saw the topic of this thread and I seriously thought it said, "A Fool and His Monkey". Rats.
I Can't Feel My Torso – Your Gaming Fix From Blackshawk

I'm going to the vet to get tutored.

#6 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:24 AM

Fool's Errand was one helluva fun game, way back when. I've been awaiting AF&HM forever. I actually forgot it was (supposedly) coming out until I came across the bookmark for it on Safari. Last I checked, it was not a UB, which is a shame. With all the delays, I think a UB should be a given. From the website: “The Tiger version runs just fine in Rosetta (the free PowerPC emulator) on the Mac Intel machines.”

#7 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 03:07 PM

View PostRev-O, on November 9th 2006, 02:24 AM, said:

Last I checked, it was not a UB, which is a shame. With all the delays, I think a UB should be a given. From the website: “The Tiger version runs just fine in Rosetta (the free PowerPC emulator) on the Mac Intel machines.”

It's being developed in Macromedia Director.... Since there's a UB Flash player now, the game may very well run natively now.

#8 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 04:42 PM

View PostBlackshawk, on November 9th 2006, 05:06 AM, said:

"A Fool and His Monkey". Rats.

if only it were true  :happy:
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#9 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 08:18 PM

December 4th has come and gone, so I'd thought I'd check out Cliff Johnson's website for The Fool and his Money. The count down clock has been removed and has been replaced with "Striving for December."
Anyhow, I am hopeful that this one will be worth the very long wait!

#10 Zebra

Zebra

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 01:45 AM

View PostRev-O, on December 9th 2006, 08:18 PM, said:

December 4th has come and gone, so I'd thought I'd check out Cliff Johnson's website for The Fool and his Money. The count down clock has been removed and has been replaced with "Striving for December."
Anyhow, I am hopeful that this one will be worth the very long wait!

I was initially bummed because I was going to be out of town when the game shipped.  Then I was looking forward to having it waiting for me when I got back.  Now I'm back home and I'm bummed again because of the delay.  Still anticipating it...

Zebra

#11 kleinerbug

kleinerbug

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 03:34 PM

can maybe some 1 tell me (short) what this Fools errend is about...i am not familiar with this game and i can not seam to find a story line on the homepage (if it was the right one)...because a lot of ppl seam to be nuts about the now version (which i belive is a follow up on the old story line)...so i wanne know whats so good about this game...(screenshots r welcome)

THx

~Kleinerbug~

#12 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:58 PM

Download it and see! It runs fine in Classic.

#13 kleinerbug

kleinerbug

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:41 PM

well thats the problem i seam to not have classic anymore (dunno why)...so some one could maybe just tell me what it basicly is about...

[edit] nvm i just found a full describtion about the game and some sreenshots...seams that i was on the wrong site...thx anyway...[edit]

~Kleinerbug~

#14 Zebra

Zebra

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:48 PM

View Postkleinerbug, on December 19th 2006, 05:41 PM, said:

well thats the problem i seam to not have classic anymore (dunno why)...so some one could maybe just tell me what it basicly is about...

[edit] nvm i just found a full describtion about the game and some sreenshots...seams that i was on the wrong site...thx anyway...[edit]
~Kleinerbug~

I'll summarize anyway...

The Fool's Errand is a collection of puzzles based on the Tarot deck, one puzzle for each card in the Tarot deck.  The puzzles range from word and number puzzles to visual puzzles to a few point-and-click mini-games.  The puzzles are presented in the context of a story about the Fool (from the Tarot deck) traveling across a medieval land.  Some puzzles can only be unlocked once others are done and each solved puzzle gives you a map piece that you must then assemble correctly to unlock the final puzzle and win the game.  If you like Mensa brainteasers then this will be right up your alley.

Great stuff.  I originally played it over 10 years ago, fell in love with it  and never came close to finishing.  The inability to beat the game always haunted me.  Luckily I found it again a couple years ago for free on Cliff's website and was able to eventually work through the entire game.  I actually printed every last map piece on paper, cut them out and assembled them by hand.  It was not as easy as it sounds.

Zebra

#15 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:17 PM

View PostZebra, on December 20th 2006, 08:48 PM, said:

I actually printed every last map piece on paper, cut them out and assembled them by hand.  It was not as easy as it sounds.

Now that's what I call an obsession! ;)
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#16 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 01:37 PM

If you don't have Classic, check his website for his April Fools Day challenges to get a sense of the tricks he is capable of.

He is fond of meta-puzzles, where the answers to some puzzles build up almost without you realizing it into elements of a big, final puzzle that hits you just when you thought you were finished.

There are also some web puzzles of his on his site. Those are fine, but lack the humor and and variety in games like Fools Errand or 3 in Three.

Wikipedia has a good description of Fool's Errand, with no spoilers:
http://en.wikipedia....e_Fool's_Errand

#17 kleinerbug

kleinerbug

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 03:54 PM

well thx to every1

that wickepedia site is pretty good and thx to zebra for summerising...

the game sound pretty sweat who knows maybe one day wehn the fool and his money gets realised i will trough an eye on it :blink: ...

~Kleinerbug~

#18 sadamm_07

sadamm_07

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:02 PM

maybe it is a good game?? it sound's a great game.. who know's???

maybe if it realesed i will try it...

can someone tell me how can I get it/??

#19 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 10:40 PM

Soooooooooo...
Supposedly the game will be mostly finished in another month or two with beta testing after that, and then the game will ship.
:nods:
Sure it will.

#20 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Master Blaster

• IMG Writers
  • 2452 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:29 AM

View PostRev-O, on August 5th 2007, 12:40 AM, said:

Soooooooooo...
Supposedly the game will be mostly finished in another month or two with beta testing after that, and then the game will ship.
:nods:
Sure it will.

We'll see it when we see it, I guess.

Your new post in this old topic gave me a nasty shock though. I saw that sub-headline saying that the game had been delayed until December, and I was like 'Oh no, not again!" Then I realized that the thread had originally been started in 2006.

When discussing release dates, please include the year, people. :-)