3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:40 AM

In a recent news update, GameRanger announced the next version of the popular Mac-only online match making service will be released soon as Universal Binary. This upcoming update will require Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.

GameRanger 4.6 is almost ready and is due soon. It is a Universal Binary that natively supports PowerPC and Intel Macs.

Although it was previously announced that GameRanger would no longer run in Mac OS 9, unfortunately, GameRanger will have to require Mac OS X Panther 10.3.9 or later...

...I really wanted to support all versions of Mac OS X, but realistically, it will be too difficult to support the new Intel Macs and newer games without dropping Mac OS X 10.0 - 10.2.
Please follow the link below to learn more information.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2615 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:04 PM

It looks like most of the news article is a quote from the press release, but only the first paragraph appears to be properly quoted.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

#3 Tuncer (IMG)

Tuncer (IMG)

Pimpbot 5000

• Admin
  • 923 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:37 PM

Check the story in the IMG news. It's formatted correctly there.
Tuncer
Inside Mac Games

Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/tuncerdeniz

#4 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2615 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 04:45 PM

View PostTuncer (IMG), on November 3rd 2006, 01:37 PM, said:

Check the story in the IMG news. It's formatted correctly there.

Thanks for the reply! It appears to be an issue with viewing the News page with Firefox (version 1.5.x, Windows.) Under IE6 it looks correct.

Other news items like the Ambrosia Defcon announcement have the same symptom. Oddly, "Win A Burning Crusade Beta Key" has a multi-paragraph quote that appears correctly. Perhaps it is using the tags a little differently?

Hope I'm not pissing everyone off by bringing this up repeatedly, but at least we now know it's a browser issue. I hope it can be fixed, but either way I'll lay off mentioning it again.

Thanks,
Matt
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.11.x/2008 MacPro 3,1 Xeon 2 x 2.8GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB