3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 31 October 2006 - 10:07 AM

Jadeware has released their latest game, Metal Angel, a 2d side-scrolling shooter for the Macintosh.

Metal Angel is an addictive space Shootem’up game in 2D featuring 3 starships, alien war and even scrolling star fields. At start you select your ship. Each ship has its own capabilities in term of speed, power and shot frequency. Then let the alien war begins over 30 levels of pure action along with many different background themes and aliens to shot. You will also fight many ends of level Bosses. Grab as many Items as you can to upgrade your fire power. Take some powerups to get bombs, it could help. The graphic art is pixel art. Along with the old-school graphics is a Heavy Metal guitar soundtrack that will in itself make you want to keep playing the game. Metal Angel is the kind of game everybody would like to play again and again without limits. Metal Angel is the real old-school shooter game along with Pixel Art graphics and Metal guitar soundtrack.
To check out a demo of Metal Angel, head over to Macgamefiles.com.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 06:49 PM

Everything I could hope for in a 2D arcade style shooter and then some!  
Games like this make me a very happy person.  I urge all Mac users to download and BUY this game.  
Put aside the RTS and FPS for a while and try something new for a change.

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8437 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 02 November 2006 - 01:06 AM

Usually I like old-school shooters, but this just doesn't do. The music is annoying, the gameplay repetitive, the game buggy and the background graphics butt-ugly. :( Better luck next time...

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#4 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 11:37 AM

Not to mention, there doesn't seem to be a way to prevent it from stretching across my iMac's screen or playing it in a window. I wasn't too impressed either.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.