The Torque Engine
, created by GarageGames
, which has been used in popular games such as Wildlife Tycoon: Venture Africa
, Tube Twist
, and Marble Blast
, to name a few, has been updated to version 1.5. According to GarageGames, version 1.5 includes some big Macintosh specific updates that are newsworthy. They include the following:
• The Mac platform code has been almost totally rewritten. Much of the code now uses standard POSIX interfaces where they exist. The platform attempts to maintain support for versions 10.2 - 10.4(Universal) of Mac OS X.
• Event handling and windowing code is much, much cleaner.
• Code that uses deprecated APIs have been removed.
• Many niceties have been added to try to make Torque more Mac-like.
• The Mac platform is multithreaded, to take advantage of multiple processor hardware, including multiple core intel hardware.
• Debugging is easier, as many randomly placed globals have been snipped or reorganized into platState.
• Wide screen displays supported, and window resizing are supported.
The Torque Game Engine is available for license to Indies for $150 ($749 for commercial). For more information on Torque, follow the link below.