3 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:51 AM

Blizzard Entertainment today announced that the upcoming The Burning Crusade expansion pack for World of Warcraft has been delayed until January. It was earlier scheduled to ship in December.

Here's what Blizzard had to say about the delay:

We appreciate the enthusiasm surrounding World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, and we're excited about putting the finishing touches on all of the new content," said Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We feel confident that the extra time spent polishing the game will result in the high-quality experience that our players expect and deserve.
For more on World of Warcraft, follow the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Whaleman

Whaleman

High Priest of Bork

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5632 posts
  • Steam ID:holybork
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 25 October 2006 - 08:32 AM

Heh, seeing from the blatant outcry pf the hordes of disappointed fans... or rather the absence of so... people seems to be as surprised as my by this...

I still find it funny that not too long after the announcement of the Burning Crusade a year ago, swedish EB games started a pre-order campaign stating a release in february 2006. I said already back then that they probably had the month somewhat right, but aimed for the wrong year.... see it get delayed again to february ;)
You shouldn't ask yourself such worthless questions. Aim higher. Try this: why am I here? Why do I exist, and what is my purpose in this universe?

(Answers: 'Cause you are. 'Cause you do. 'Cause I got a shotgun, and you ain't got one.)

***END MESSAGE***

#3 MacManX

MacManX

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 05:31 PM

When did they announce December? I thought they'd never announced a release date.

#4 flargh

flargh

Macworld Magazine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 10:14 PM

View PostMacManX, on October 26th 2006, 07:31 PM, said:

When did they announce December? I thought they'd never announced a release date.

They didn't announce December, specifically. They said publicly that they'd release it before the end of the year.
Peter Cohen, pcohen@macworld.com
Senior Editor, Macworld.com News
Columnist, Macworld "Game Room"