7 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:19 AM

Helping to alleviate fans' anticipation for Heroes of Might and Magic V, Freeverse Software's developers blog was recently updated to reveal a screenshot of the game running on an iMac. The shot gives a glimpse of the menu screen. HoMM V is the latest in the popular series of fantasy themed turn based strategy games.

Halloween is right around the corner! To get into the spirit, we have a screen shot of Heroes 5 running on a iMac.

There's still plenty of work to be done on the game, but as we march through Rocktober there will be lots of multiplayer games happening in the office. Life is hard for a game designer.
Click on the link below to check out the screenshot.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2779 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 11:22 AM

You need to be more careful about placing your quote tags. This news post includes text ("There's still plenty of work...") that should be included in the quote from the blog, but it's written as if it's a comment from the news reporter instead.

I think one or more IMG news reporters are making this kind of error on a regular basis. I say that because I've noticed it a few times recently.

I'm not going to go back and figure out if particular news reporters are more careless than others; it's too much work and I'm not interested in embarrassing anyone. I just want to point out that it seems to be happening more often lately, and it looks unprofessional when it does.

Sorry to be a downer... That's good news about HOMM V, though.
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#3 kiss_my_mac

kiss_my_mac

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 12:54 PM

View PostMatt Diamond, on October 20th 2006, 05:22 PM, said:

Sorry to be a downer... That's good news about HOMM V, though.

:glare: Private message would have been better than posting, though ...
Playing..err... working on a PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0 GHZ, 256 Mb Nvidia 6600, 3.5 Gb Ram, 2x250 gb Hard Drives.

#4 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17568 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 01:35 PM

True, and the private IMG Writers forum would have been even better!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#5 Kilvain

Kilvain

Notorious

• IMG Writers
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:31 PM

Oops, sorry about that. I'm not sure how it happened. My original copy has the tags in the proper place. I guess when you post a lot of briefs things can occasionally slip through the net. "Measure twice, cut once, curse three or four times." How true. ;)

#6 Matt Diamond

Matt Diamond

Uberspewer

• IMG Writers
  • 2779 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 09:22 PM

A private message would imply that this particular news reporter was making most/all of the errors, which is not the case [correction: I don't know if it's the case or not, and ddn't feel it was worth spending the time to find out.] I suppose I could have contacted the news editor directly.

Writer's forum, maybe, except that I felt that I was posting as a reader of IMG, not because I sometimes contribute to IMG.

I understand people's reactions though, and my apologies if I offended.

[edit: inserted a clarification to my original wording.]
www.mindthecube.com

Current setup: macOS 10.14.x/2018 Mac Mini 3.2GHz i7/16GB RAM/Sonnet Breakaway 650 eGPU w Sapphire Radeon VEGA 56 8GB

#7 MacManX

MacManX

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:43 AM

If it's running on an iMac, then why is it in 4:3? :huh:

#8 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8437 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:50 AM

And why is it only 1024x768 pixels when the native resolution of all recent iMacs is higher?

Because "running on an iMac" doesn't necessarily mean "running on an iMac in native widescreen resolution"?

(I hope that HoMMV will support widescreen resolutions, though.)

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"