No replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:44 AM

RPG Watch talks with Jeff Vogel of Spiderweb Software about Geneforge 4, an upcoming RPG game. Jeff Vogel is one of the developers of the indie Mac game company and is best known for the Avernum and Geneforge classic RPG games.

RPGWatch: Weather effects and graphical improvements have been flagged – why spend resources on these items when graphics has never been a focus for your games? Wouldn’t your audience appreciate greater depth in a gameplay related area?

Jeff Vogel: I don’t have a religious opposition to decent graphics. I never have. I always put in the best graphics my limited budget and programming skills allow.
It’s all about fun, and about creating an engrossing experience for the player. And if I have a way to improve the atmosphere of the game and pull the player in more, I’ll do that. That’s why I added effects for rain and snow and magic sparklies in certain areas. It really does change the feel of the game. The swamp feels wetter. The icy mountains feel colder. It helps make a better playing experience.
I can never match the big boys, but I do what I can.
Head over to RPG Watch to check out the full interview now.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News