16 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:01 AM

Inside Mac Games recently got a chance to sit down with Running With Scissors’ CEO Vince Desi, lead designer Steve Wik, and marketing guru Mike Jaret-Schachtler on the Postal movie set to discuss the intricacies of bringing their controversial franchise Postal to the big screen, and to get an update on what the game designers have been up to.

In the interview, Vince and Steve share some of their insights into the relatively new process of turning a game designer's intellectual property into something fit for release on the silver screen, talk about working with infamous film director Uwe Boll, and announce a new Postal compilation, the Postal Fudge Pack, which will be released for the Mac and PC markets in time for Christmas.

Be sure to check out the article by navigating through the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 Riko

Riko

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:58 PM

Thinking about how awefully bad 'BloodRayne' the movie was.....
Combined with the bad taste of 'Postal', the combination of these two might even work. :D

#3 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8437 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:11 AM

Since you "enjoyed" Bloodrayne you might be glad to hear, that Uwe Boll is actually preparing Bloodrayne 2 as one of his next movies...

Anyway: what is this mysterious "secret next game" talk about? We already know that Postal 3 will come. Is this supposed to be yet another game?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#4 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:37 AM

What gets me is that he obviously must be earning enough money from his movies to be able to keep churning them out. Question is: who in their right mind likes that crap? I've yet to meet such a person.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#5 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8437 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:42 AM

What I'm really wondering about is, how the frell Dr. Boll manages to get all these well-known and usually talented actors like Burt Reynolds, Michelle Rodriguez, Ray Liotta, Michael Madsen and Ben Kingsley.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#6 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:49 PM

View PostJanichsan, on October 18th 2006, 02:42 AM, said:

What I'm really wondering about is, how the frell Dr. Boll manages to get all these well-known and usually talented actors like Burt Reynolds, Michelle Rodriguez, Ray Liotta, Michael Madsen and Ben Kingsley.

Eh, they need new roofs for their garages or something. Almost any actor you can think of has been in some crap film or other, whether they're good actors or bad.

I think plenty of people go see these films either because they hope "this time it will be different!", or there's just no other nerd-fodder available at the time. Or maybe there really are enough people out there with such abysmal taste that they keep lapping it up.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#7 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:23 AM

View PostIMG News, on October 17th 2006, 08:01 AM, said:

Postal Fudge Pack
I'm buying it just cos' of the name. ;)
The official Inside Mac Games forum Space Pirate Killer.

#8 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17568 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:14 AM

Ditto.  I'm constantly laughing through their games and when even the title makes you laugh, it's got to be a winner.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#9 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8437 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:32 PM

"This is like bowling... only cooler" - my favorite.

#10 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8437 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:55 AM

In case you haven't heard yet: the mysterious next project slated for 2008 is in fact Postal 3 - which has been (inofficially but nevertheless) already announced much earlier.

Bad news: it uses the Source engine (which also has been speculated before). So no Mac version, I guess.

#11 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17568 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:24 AM

Did the original Postal ever make it out for the Mac?  I can find it for the PC on at the RWS store, but not the Mac.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#12 Riko

Riko

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:28 AM

View PostJanichsan, on October 20th 2006, 02:55 PM, said:

In case you haven't heard yet: the mysterious next project slated for 2008 is in fact Postal 3 - which has been (inofficially but nevertheless) already announced much earlier.

Bad news: it uses the Source engine (which also has been speculated before). So no Mac version, I guess.

Oh yeah, frell, IMG gives them exposure and they nail us in the rear with their next non mac game.

Thank you! 'Running With Your Pants Down'. :( (which happens if you miss-use your siccors)
Just what we needed.
2006 sux indeed in Mac gaming.

#13 ozzy

ozzy

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Steam Name:ozzy

Posted 20 October 2006 - 08:55 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on October 20th 2006, 10:24 AM, said:

Did the original Postal ever make it out for the Mac?  I can find it for the PC on at the RWS store, but not the Mac.

Yes, I remember playing the demo on my mac some 6,7, or 8 odd years ago.  I think it was a top down type game view (similar to GTA 1 and 2).

#14 Hippieman

Hippieman

Freeverse Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 04:01 PM

I've never understood how this man continues to get Actors, or Funding.  Uwe is probably the worst thing to ever happen to videogames.  And that includes Jack Thompson.  

Imagine what a few game dev studios could do with 1/10th of the budget Uwe gets.

http://www.rottentom...com/p/uwe_boll/

Just look at that, 5% 6% 1%!!!  The man makes the worst movies that the human race has ever seen, or will ever see.
Marathon: Durandal
The Ultimate Marathon experience
Reverof Nohtaram

#15 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 05:50 PM

View PostHippieman, on October 20th 2006, 06:01 PM, said:

Just look at that, 5% 6% 1%!!!  The man makes the worst movies that the human race has ever seen, or will ever see.

You haven't spent enough time watching MST3K, obviously.  Though granted I haven't seen any of Uwe's movies.

--Eric

#16 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8437 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:21 PM

I don't know if there was an earlier version, but there was a MacOS X port by Ryan Gordon one or two years ago that was released exclusively on some Mac magazine CD or another.

#17 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17568 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 06:36 PM

K, thanks guys.  I'll check to see if I have it, not too interested in a top-down though if that is indeed the case.

View PostHippieman, on October 20th 2006, 03:01 PM, said:

I've never understood how this man continues to get Actors, or Funding.  Uwe is probably the worst thing to ever happen to videogames.  And that includes Jack Thompson.  

Imagine what a few game dev studios could do with 1/10th of the budget Uwe gets.

http://www.rottentom...com/p/uwe_boll/

Holy cow!  House of the Dead got a whole 6%?  That movie was so bad that my wife and I ejected the DVD we rented about a third of the way through and watched something we had recorded earlier on DVR... and we are both Sci-fi and horror fans!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat