#21 FortranDragon

FortranDragon

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 10:04 AM

View PostMacs Rock, on October 14th 2006, 07:59 AM, said:

Is the G15 logitech keyboard mac compatable?

The website lists it as Windows only.  I'd suspect all of the stock keys would work just fine, but that the special functions would be right out.  Don't feel bad, though, from what I've read few Windows games and apps support the keyboard.

#22 Greg Grant

Greg Grant

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2526 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:54 AM

I'm rather fond of the Apple Bluetooth keyboard, its the only wireless keyboard I've used that doesn't suck. I like my keyboards as minimal as possible. I can't say I game much but for FCP, Cubase, Motion, Combustion and web surfing its an A+ and it games just fine. I like soft keys so its a win.
the IMG audio guy...

#23 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:37 PM

View Postteflon, on October 12th 2006, 01:48 AM, said:

Best Keyboard Evar!

discussion over

lesson learned
Some news on that Optimus thingy.

In short: it's even more delayed, it won't use OLEDs (LCDs instead) and it's supposed to be to be as expensive as a "good mobile phone" (which can be quite expensive, AFAIK).

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#24 Abecedaria

Abecedaria

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:43 AM

What I really want is a great wireless keyboard/mouse combo that looks fantastic with my aluminum Macs....and is great for gaming.

The Optimus would be perfect, except that it doesn't exist yet, and it doesn't come with a mouse. Logitech's DiNovo stuff comes close, but it's made out of flimsy plastic and I don't think it works with the Mac.

Help me!

abc
"THIS is Ceti-alpha 5!"
| 17" MacBook Pro | Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz | 2GB RAM | Radeon Mobility x1600 256MB |
| Boot Camp Windows XP Config: ATI Driver - DHzer0point Catalyst 0.69 | Current overclock: 475 - 475 (stock) |

#25 Abecedaria

Abecedaria

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 09:01 PM

bump!
"THIS is Ceti-alpha 5!"
| 17" MacBook Pro | Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz | 2GB RAM | Radeon Mobility x1600 256MB |
| Boot Camp Windows XP Config: ATI Driver - DHzer0point Catalyst 0.69 | Current overclock: 475 - 475 (stock) |

#26 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 04:49 AM

View PostAbecedaria, on October 29th 2006, 05:01 AM, said:

bump!
Why?

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#27 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 04:32 AM

View PostJanichsan, on October 29th 2006, 03:49 AM, said:

Why?

View PostAbecedaria, on October 22nd 2006, 10:43 AM, said:

Help me!
I think that's why.
;)

As for Abecedaria's question, from what I've heard there aren't really any good wireless combos that are good for gaming, as the lag is just too great, if you mainly play FPSs. I don't know if thats true, but its what I heard.
The official Inside Mac Games forum Space Pirate Killer.

#28 yo-mike

yo-mike

Livin' in 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:46 PM

Has anyone seen or tried theBelkin Nostromo? :o
Isn't it cool!

AMD Phenom II X4, Win 7 64

Kubuntu Rocks Better

#29 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:52 PM

View Postyo-mike, on November 5th 2006, 07:46 AM, said:

Has anyone seen or tried theBelkin Nostromo? :o
Isn't it cool!
Someone here posted problems with this thing. I can't remember, if these were generally Mac related or just to Intel Macs.

#30 yo-mike

yo-mike

Livin' in 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:19 AM

View PostJanichsan, on November 5th 2006, 12:52 AM, said:

Someone here posted problems with this thing. I can't remember, if these were generally Mac related or just to Intel Macs.
Yeah, a it seems some input devices don't work well with particular Mac models.
IE I got a Disc Stakka and come to find out later on the Imation site the device doesn't let some models go in sleep mode properly (No particular models are mentioned in the info related  : my eMac is one of them though :(  

Also, I had a game pad (don't remember which) but could not get it to work. I worked and worked at it. Finally I exchanged it for the 3D extreme. Works well, but it's got a little too much of a industrial feel  :mellow: . The 'ol trial and error thing on Macs :unsure:
Thanks for the tip Janichsan. I'll do more searches.

Kubuntu Rocks Better

#31 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 06:08 PM

View Postyo-mike, on November 5th 2006, 06:19 PM, said:

Thanks for the tip Janichsan. I'll do more searches.
As far as I remember, the trouble with the Nostromo was due to the driver not working anymore. I seem to recall that the one posting the problems in the end got it to work with some third-party software. So you don't have to give up completely on this thing, just be prepared that it won't be very easy to get it to work correctly.

#32 yo-mike

yo-mike

Livin' in 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1031 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:07 PM

View PostJanichsan, on November 5th 2006, 07:08 PM, said:

As far as I remember, the trouble with the Nostromo was due to the driver not working anymore. I seem to recall that the one posting the problems in the end got it to work with some third-party software. So you don't have to give up completely on this thing, just be prepared that it won't be very easy to get it to work correctly.
I still use OS 10.3.9. :blush:
I remember when 10.4 was being taken up and there were flurries of issues with compatibility of games, Apps, etc.
I downloaded the Nostramo Array 11.sit for OS X. >Info created ...2003. There's also downloads for the Nostramo for Mac OS 9.x. So, assuming these downloads are as dated as they are, they may more than likely work on a pre-OS 10.4 Mac. Since Tiger was released in 2005 and Panther was released in 2003. The drivers available from Belkin most likely are more adaptable for the older Mac OS's.
I'm willing to give it a try. I think it's a great idea!

Kubuntu Rocks Better

#33 Abecedaria

Abecedaria

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 03:30 PM

Check these keyboards out:

http://www.speedlink...=5?_num=SL-6468
http://www.enermax.c...ail.asp?PrID=48
http://www.logitech....contentid=12339
That's just what I want, a Windows Vista logo on my keyboard: http://inputreview.c...es-peripherals/
This thing is SO IBM: http://inputreview.c...-with-ultranav/
This mouse is wild, but I can't find any info on the keyboard: http://www.perific.com/default.asp
Somewhere there's a picture of this Mac compatible keyboard: http://www.hela.co.u...r...at=6&page=1

That's all I found. You'd think there would be a market for a keyboard modeled on the MacBook Pro look and feel. <sigh>

abc
"THIS is Ceti-alpha 5!"

#34 Greg Grant

Greg Grant

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2526 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 04:38 AM

I don't mean to be a dick but most of those keyboards were rather large palettes. Its really hard to top the bare minimalism of the Apple BT keyboard. Looks fine with my G5, but my G5 isn't on my desk and my KB moues are wireless, my damn monitors are black and my keyboard (midi controller) is just silver and black. I tried for consistency but failed.

Also on the Nostromos, the drivers don't support the Intel Macs. :( I e-mailed Belkin ages ago about them as I reviewed both here and they were like, "No support has been planned of yet", so I wouldn't count on it. Notably, I didn't like the N52 nearly as much as the N50 for feel, to the point I never really used the N52.
the IMG audio guy...

#35 tiedyed

tiedyed

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:49 AM

Sigh.  Get a ZBOARD people.  It does indeed work on a mac.  I've had one for a year now, and it works flawlwssly.  There's nothing special about it.  The only thing that won't function are the multimedia and special keys across the top that nobody uses anyway.  Even the USB ports work.

#36 Jeff C-R

Jeff C-R

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:31 PM

View PostMacs Rock, on October 14th 2006, 04:59 AM, said:

Is the G15 logitech keyboard mac compatable?

Yes and no. I just got for X-mas and it will work as a USB Keyboard but the LCD doesn't and (as far as I can tell) you don't have access to the extra G-keys. Very disappointing.

#37 kleinerbug

kleinerbug

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 03:27 PM

razer

that would be my choics for a new keyboard...i like the design and the extra ipod stand...

laser keyoard

that one also is very futuristic...!

"very nice!"

~Kleinerbug~

#38 Douglas

Douglas

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:26 PM

View PostOverLoad, on October 12th 2006, 10:18 AM, said:

I'm using a Tactile Pro. It's the closest thing I've found to the old Apple keyboards, which I adored.

It may be a bit heavy for fast-paced action gaming, but I find it's great for online RPGs. Fewer typos.
EDIT: Fewer typos, right. Even a good keyboard can't stop the human nervous system from spazzing out. :P

I also use a Tactile pro keyboard...awesome keyboard for everything!!

Douglas

:)
- 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro, 4GB ram, Mac OS X 10.5.8, Windows XP Pro & Vista, Nvidia 8800 GT
- 1.67 GHz PPC G4 Powerbook, 2 GB ram, 80 GB hd (OS X 10.5.8)
- 1 Ghz PPC G3 Blue & White, 1 GB ram, 320 GB hd (OS 9.1)

Playing - (Mac OS)  Bioshock, Battlefield 1942, Halo (Windows) Battlefield 2

#39 tthiel

tthiel

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:31 PM

These are OS X drivers for alot of PC keyboards and mice including the Nostromo.  I have not used them myself.

http://www.orderedby...controllermate/

Here are the devices thse drivers work with
http://www.orderedby.../compatibility/

I wanted a Tactile Pro but it has been discontinued and the new replacements is not due until April and will be $149.  It will also have a USB 2.0 hub which will be nice.  I also much prefer minimalist keyboards and currnetly use Apple bluetooth keyboards for all my Macs.

#40 Abecedaria

Abecedaria

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 07:20 PM

View Posttiedyed, on November 21st 2006, 12:49 AM, said:

Sigh.  Get a ZBOARD people.

Ha! You mean a "Butt-ugly" board? ;)

Moshi was showing a new aluminum Mac keyboard, the Celesta, at MacWorld in both brushed and anodized black. http://www.aevoe.com/moshi/ Unfortunately, the brushed metal one had white keys...HELLO! could we have aluminum keys like the MacBook Pro?

If you search down this page you can find a picture of the black version. http://www.mymac.com...845&do=showblog The brushed one was cooler.

abc
"THIS is Ceti-alpha 5!"