Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:52 AM

View PostSpace_Pirate_Killer, on October 27th 2006, 07:00 AM, said:

There's always Knights of the Nine.

Something to look forward too! Wonder what they gonna charge for it? :)

#42 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:15 AM

I'm realizing now that going through the Oblivion Gate at Lv.24 is.... tough :happy:

#43 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:49 PM

View PostTomatocow, on October 27th 2006, 10:15 AM, said:

I'm realizing now that going through the Oblivion Gate at Lv.24 is.... tough :happy:

I'm also level 24. In the tough fights I normally summon my Daedroth for an assist. :)

#44 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:00 PM

View PostHuntn, on October 28th 2006, 12:49 PM, said:

I'm also level 24. In the tough fights I normally summon my Daedroth for an assist. :)

Now Lv.25. Going through the main quest. I don't have the summon ability so I just block and slash, run away as needed and come back. :D

#45 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 06:11 AM

View PostHuntn, on October 27th 2006, 09:52 AM, said:

Something to look forward too! Wonder what they gonna charge for it? :)

Rumor has it at $10. Must not be a full blown expansion.

#46 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:07 AM

Lv.26 now, about to open a big gate near Bruma, but getting all the other towns to send help first. Problem being they all want their local Oblivion gates closed. I was thinking about the summon ability, and how it's a nice diversion and all but they always get in the way of my hacking and slashing and I'd end up killing them off anyways.

#47 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:06 AM

View PostTomatocow, on October 29th 2006, 02:07 AM, said:

Lv.26 now, about to open a big gate near Bruma, but getting all the other towns to send help first. Problem being they all want their local Oblivion gates closed. I was thinking about the summon ability, and how it's a nice diversion and all but they always get in the way of my hacking and slashing and I'd end up killing them off anyways.

Some Spoilers in here:

You can summon help? IDNKT. Please explain how. Does summoned help actually enter the gates? That is where the real action is and I can't imagine the game is built to facilitate that.

For the main quest, I took the Emperor's son to Cloud Top and in Imperial City jumped the Mystic Dawn dude for the 4th book of the commentaries and am now waiting for the lizard in the Arcade University to get done studying the books for clues how how to get the  important stone back that was stolen from Weynon Priory. I want to finish making the rounds to all the towns so I can get my recommendation and access to the Arcane University.

I don't feel like purchasing horse armor, and since I figured out how to heal my horse, I probably won't buy it. So far I've been leaving my horse outside the entrance of dungeons in an out of the way location so as not to attract mobs although I don't really know if your horse is in danger when you leave it to explore a cave/dungeon/ruin. I recently installed the saddlebags mod which I'm quite happy with. I also installed the Summon Steed mod. I'm not sure how effective it is. I know it works for short distances, but for long distances (say horse in Chorrol and I'm in Bruma) I have not had the patience to see if the horse would eventually show up.

There is a quest in Bruma regarding the Vampire hunter who appears to have accused and murdered a innocent person. The victem's wife asked me to help her. I need to get into the vampire hunter's room at the local Inn, but I've maxed out the disposition of the Inn Keeper (at about 65), and I get into the room nor get a key. I'm hoping the next time I go back, the Inn Keeper's disposition will be higher or will be able to be raised so I can get the key.

#48 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 09:07 AM

When I say summon, I mean about summoning skeletons etc. Getting help from the other towns are quests unto themselves. A pain, and maybe not even necessary, but I do it to gain more levels. This will all happen after you get the amulet back and move on to the next steps. Good thing I finished all the guild quests before I did the main one, since I never got sidetracked like that.

As for the Vampire hunting, that guy in Bruma will never get above 65 (or in my case 67) from bribing alone. You'll have to joke and coerce and all the good things that come with the other option (the speech or whatever it was) to get it above 70. After you complete that quest, anytime you kill vampires and collect Vampire Dust, you score points with the Vampire Hunters guild or group or somesuch.

You use horses? I don't use horses at all. Better that I get my Athletics and Acrobatics skills up by running and jumping. Plus, horses are a bitch to steer.

#49 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 12:19 PM

View PostTomatocow, on October 29th 2006, 09:07 AM, said:

When I say summon, I mean about summoning skeletons etc. Getting help from the other towns are quests unto themselves. A pain, and maybe not even necessary, but I do it to gain more levels. This will all happen after you get the amulet back and move on to the next steps. Good thing I finished all the guild quests before I did the main one, since I never got sidetracked like that.

As for the Vampire hunting, that guy in Bruma will never get above 65 (or in my case 67) from bribing alone. You'll have to joke and coerce and all the good things that come with the other option (the speech or whatever it was) to get it above 70. After you complete that quest, anytime you kill vampires and collect Vampire Dust, you score points with the Vampire Hunters guild or group or somesuch.

You use horses? I don't use horses at all. Better that I get my Athletics and Acrobatics skills up by running and jumping. Plus, horses are a bitch to steer.

Maybe my speech skills are not high enough. The Inn keeper has no other options to use on him.

I'm experimenting with using a horse to store loot. I use the Call Steed mod to keep him following me. :) I've run into several cases where there is so much loot in a cave (on vanquished foes) that it takes me 3 or 5 trips back to town to move it all. I am hoping the horse will be able to handle the extra weight so I only make one trip.

#50 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:27 PM

View PostHuntn, on October 29th 2006, 01:19 PM, said:

Maybe my speech skills are not high enough. The Inn keeper has no other options to use on him.

I'm experimenting with using a horse to store loot. I use the Call Steed mod to keep him following me. :) I've run into several cases where there is so much loot in a cave (on vanquished foes) that it takes me 3 or 5 trips back to town to move it all. I am hoping the horse will be able to handle the extra weight so I only make one trip.

My Alchemy ability is high enough that I can usually use feather potions to do the job. I do use the horse that I got from the Assasins' guild.

My character is a Kahjit Assasin. Probably around level 19 or so, though higher if I hadn't stopped sleeping. I was having trouble for a while because a lot of the primary skills for this character aren't defense-oriented (sneak/alchemy/blade/marksman/light armor/?). Now I'm doing alright because my sneak skill is around 140. If I'm in a dungeon, I can sneak attack with a poisoned arrow for 1/3 - 1/2 of any average monster's HP. By the time they've taken a step towards me, they realize they can't see me, and I can sneak attack at leisure. Outside, I usually get only the first sneak attack if it's daytime, but a poisoned blade takes care of the rest (dodging to avoid damage, since armor isn't a strong point).

I'm head of the thieves' guild, and near the top of the assasins'. I was in the mage guild, but got kicked out for killing another member. My sneaking around is good enough that I don't have a bounty, but churches won't touch me with a ten-foot pole.

I haven't touched the main quest at all. I also haven't played in a few months, since I was working in another city for the summer, and haven't had the time for most of the fall.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#51 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:29 PM

W00t! A bounty of 93,347 on my guy's head!!
And one question, does not becoming a Blade when Martin asks you to helpful at all? Or is becoming a Blade the best thing to do?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#52 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:41 PM

View PostAskilfeasd, on October 30th 2006, 11:29 AM, said:

And one question, does not becoming a Blade when Martin asks you to helpful at all? Or is becoming a Blade the best thing to do?

I've never not become a Blade, so I don't know. :(

Um, how'd you get a bounty like that? Did you kill a whole city or something?

#53 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:33 PM

View PostAskilfeasd, on October 29th 2006, 08:29 PM, said:

I was offered a Blade membership after taking Martin to the safe haven, but I can't remember if it was Martin or Jaufree who offered the position... anyway I accepted although I don't know if there are extra quests that are offered as a result. But now I'm buds with all the Blades. :D

#54 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:29 PM

I guess Axel-feed wasn't very subtle about killing people. :D

Can guards and such be off-ed without your bounty going up? I've yet to succeed at that.

#55 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:02 AM

I just went into the Imperial city and started killing people, and when it became to hot for me to stay anymore, I ran(I couldn't quick travel) all the way to Anvil, and started butchering my way through the castle, killing everyone I could, then when I reached the "top", I took another route to start killing, and made my way out, and hoofed it to the next town.

Also, yes, Martin is the one who offers you a Blade membership.

And since I am sick of dual-booting, I sold my PC copy of Oblivion for a 360 version, so I shan't be posting in this thread anymore, I don't know what smiley to put after this, the new "cool" one looks awesome, so I shall use it.  :cool:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#56 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:11 AM

View PostAskilfeasd, on October 30th 2006, 08:02 AM, said:

And since I am sick of dual-booting, I sold my PC copy of Oblivion for a 360 version, so I shan't be posting in this thread anymore, I don't know what smiley to put after this, the new "cool" one looks awesome, so I shall use it.  :cool:

Hey, you can still tell us about your Oblivion character whether it's on the PC or the 360. :)

#57 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:20 AM

Oh, I thought that since this was a "Windows Gaming" forum I wasn't supposed to post, however, I shall gladly take advantage of this loophole.  :happy:

View PostTomatocow, on October 30th 2006, 12:29 AM, said:

I guess Axel-feed wasn't very subtle about killing people. :D

Can guards and such be off-ed without your bounty going up? I've yet to succeed at that.

I want my bounty to go up, so I never try to go sneaky.  :devil:

#58 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 08:31 AM

Because I saw this thread I tried killing everyone I could inside Leyawin. My bounty only went up to 16000 or so. :(

No one could beat me since I'm too strong now, even when I found myself stuck inside a guard house faced with NINE guards at once.

#59 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 05:54 PM

Finished the main quest. :D

#60 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:00 PM

View PostTomatocow, on November 3rd 2006, 05:54 PM, said:

Finished the main quest. :D

Don't tell the ending! Regarding the main quest, I found the tomb in Imperial City that lights up at noon and shows where the secret location is. It looks like it's up by Cheydenhall, but I've not gone up yet to check it out.

Recently I became enamored with using my horse to haul loot. Even though horses can be healed, it is a time consuming to heal them and it does not take a whole lot for a mob to kill them. I was happily using the Saddlebags mod and the Call Steed Mod. The horse whisperer ring makes them follow you so you can get your exercise by running cross country.

After I ran into some mobs who did kill my horse, I got the idea that the official Oblivion Horse Armor plugin would be just the thing. It turns out that Saddlebags still works, but I can't get any Call Steed type of mod to work with the armor. It's frustrating because now I either have to ride my horse or run around and do what I need to do, but then fast travel back to my horse and fast travel with him to the nearest location, then ride him to where he needs to be (usually the entrance to a dungeon for loot hauling purposes.)

Is there anyone by chance using the Horse Armor and a Call Steed type of mod successfully? I've tried, Call Steed Rebuilt and Horse Commands which are both supposed to work with Horse Armor. The author of Call Steed 3.0 says he is working on an update, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone know if you can use Consol Commands to control your horse? The perfect command would be to follow or to stay and to call. I heard there is a consol transport command, that allows a horse to be transported to you, but I've not been able to get the person who told me about it to tell me how to use it. :(

Here is a quick cheat. Proceed if you dare.

Sigil stones, the stones that you receive when you close a gate are used to enchant weapons or clothing. However they only have an attribute for weapons and one for armor. To work around this limitation, the game can be saved just prior to picking up the stone. If you don't like the attribute a stone has, reload the game and try again.