61 replies to this topic

#1 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:52 AM

I just re-started playing Oblivion again after being away from it for about 4 months. My new guy is a Redguard Spellsword (was that the name for it? I forget) born under the Warrior star. Level 7 currently, taking it  easy and completing various side quests and leveling up slowly. Heavy Armor, Blocking, Blade, and Destruction Magic is my thing, it seems. After I finish all the Fighters Guild quests I think I'll try some Assassin Guild stuff since I got an invitation.

So what's your character like? Please do share. :happy:

#2 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 06:50 AM

My character is a level 16 High Elf wizard, who is a master in destruction magic. Head of all guilds, the arena, and Champion of Cyrodil. I'm done playing Oblivion for the time being, until I decide to replay it.
The official Inside Mac Games forum Space Pirate Killer.

#3 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:42 AM

I'm a Imperial (level 23 custom class), my main skills are:

Block
Blunt
Blade
Armorer
Mysticm(I have no idea how to spell it)
Marksman
Acrobatics

So yeah, my guy is kinda' all over the place, I don't play it a lot, so I'm just champion of the arena, I haven't even started the quest. :\
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#4 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:51 AM

Where is the arena?

#5 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

View PostSpace_Pirate_Killer, on October 10th 2006, 07:50 AM, said:

My character is a level 16 High Elf wizard, who is a master in destruction magic. Head of all guilds, the arena, and Champion of Cyrodil. I'm done playing Oblivion for the time being, until I decide to replay it.

If this is indeed a serious post, how did you manage all of that while only achieving level 16? Did you refuse to level up? :)

View PostTomatocow, on October 10th 2006, 09:51 AM, said:

Where is the arena?

If this is indeed a serious post- :P Imperial City, SE sector.

#6 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:37 PM

I'm away from home on a trip so I can't tell you the exact stats on my character.

I played a dark elf up to about level 17 and when I discovered Ren's Beauty Pack (I'm a shallow, visually oriented male) I restarted the game as a mystic female elf and am currently up to level 18. I visited Chorrol, then visited Cheydinhal and Bruma for the Mage reccomendations and Fighter's Guild contracts along with visiting the local mines, ruins, dungeons, and caves. I've completed about 4 rounds in the arena.

I ran into a bad lady in Bruma and decided to fight and kill her as part of the Other Side of the Coin quest. So I now have an invite into the Dark Brotherhood and I also know where to go to get an invite to the Thieves Guild, but have decided that I will explore these paths later in the game. I'm moving on to Skingrad now and (sigh) plan on hitting up Kvatch as part of the main quest which from my first go-around, did not really care for the gate content.

I'm developing my magic skills, a variety of destruction, alteration, mysticism, illusion while working on my sword skills using light armor. Having a sword to swing is a very handy attribute when your magic runs low. I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but it seems like my character has progressed better this time, as I'm hitting the local dungeons before moving on. The first time, I concentrated on quests and did not mess with the dungeons unless a quest took me there. In the desolate mine E of Skingrad I bumped off a couple of shamans who pocessed staffs that while not being very potent were worth 7000 gold each. That was an eye opener.

I'm forging happily ahead! :D

#7 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:13 PM

I might try some of that extra curricular dungeon exploration.

Oh, and thanks for telling me where the arena is. It indeed was a serious post :happy:

#8 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:19 PM

View PostHuntn, on October 10th 2006, 11:20 AM, said:

If this is indeed a serious post, how did you manage all of that while only achieving level 16? Did you refuse to level up? :)
I think its because I used Destruction all the time, and because I didn't use many other skills I didn't level up much. :)

#9 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 08:29 PM

View PostSpace_Pirate_Killer, on October 11th 2006, 11:19 AM, said:

I think its because I used Destruction all the time, and because I didn't use many other skills I didn't level up much. :)

Leveling up three or ideally four things simultaneously makes the process go faster and stuff (but of course you know that. And I know you know that). Right now I have Blade, Blocking, Heavy Armor, and Destruction magic all being used heavily so it is good. I think I'm at level 8 now, yippee! After reading the Huntn post I think I'll go looking inside dungeons "just because". :happy:

Edit: And after I reach Lv.10 I'll do the Nocturnal quest to get the skeleton key! Yippee~

Edit 2: While walking in the Imperial City, some guy said to me, "Nice muscles!" as I walked by him. Posted Image

#10 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 04:24 AM

There are Friends of Dorothy in Oblivion? :blink:

#11 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:18 AM

View PostBatcat, on October 11th 2006, 07:24 PM, said:

There are Friends of Dorothy in Oblivion? :blink:

I'm as shocked as you are. :blink:

#12 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:09 PM

View PostTomatocow, on October 10th 2006, 09:29 PM, said:

After reading the Huntn post I think I'll go looking inside dungeons "just because". :happy:

I've read about and experienced the first time through, where about level 14 or so, that mobs became very difficult to kill. I felt like a wimp. Anyway it's been said that the teens can be more difficult levels to get through.

I've found that for destruction magic, that spamming a lower level spell like flare (fire damage) can be pretty effective when fighting versus using a spell which consumes a lot of mana. Since I want both melee and destructive magic skills, I try to alternate between the 2 of them. And then I also use a lot of conjurigation calling up imps and lately daedras to act as my tanks in combat.  Even when not in combat you can practise illusion, alteration, and mystic magic skills, like detect life, illumination, and the like.

#13 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:37 AM

View PostTomatocow, on October 10th 2006, 07:29 PM, said:

Leveling up three or ideally four things simultaneously makes the process go faster and stuff (but of course you know that. And I know you know that). Right now I have Blade, Blocking, Heavy Armor, and Destruction magic all being used heavily so it is good. I think I'm at level 8 now, yippee! After reading the Huntn post I think I'll go looking inside dungeons "just because". :happy:

Edit: And after I reach Lv.10 I'll do the Nocturnal quest to get the skeleton key! Yippee~

Edit 2: While walking in the Imperial City, some guy said to me, "Nice muscles!" as I walked by him. Posted Image
They do some strange things. "Look at the muscles on you!".

#14 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 09:33 AM

Well, I've started again, I think I need a save at the gate inside the Imperial sewers right before you go outside, I am tired of doing this tutorial over and over again.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#15 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:56 PM

View PostSpace_Pirate_Killer, on October 12th 2006, 07:37 PM, said:

They do some strange things. "Look at the muscles on you!".

Four people have said it to me now, it started after my Strength went over 70. :blink:

View PostAskilfeasd, on October 13th 2006, 12:33 AM, said:

Well, I've started again, I think I need a save at the gate inside the Imperial sewers right before you go outside, I am tired of doing this tutorial over and over again.

That is the über important save spot, yes. :happy:

#16 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 07:03 AM

View PostAskilfeasd, on October 12th 2006, 10:33 AM, said:

You do! Did you? :D

#17 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:36 AM

Ummm... Well, you see, a few days ago, when I didn't want to play, I forced myself to go through the tutorial, and get a save at the gate, so when I wanted to play, I didn't have to go through all that again, oh I saved alright, OUTSIDE THE GATE :( When I realized what I did, I almost threw the mouse at the computer.

#18 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:03 AM

Wait a few days so you calm down (and a new mouse arrives), re-roll a new character, do the tutorial for the last frickin' time, and save right before the gate thingy. :happy:

#19 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:36 AM

View PostAskilfeasd, on October 13th 2006, 09:36 AM, said:

Ummm... Well, you see, a few days ago, when I didn't want to play, I forced myself to go through the tutorial, and get a save at the gate, so when I wanted to play, I didn't have to go through all that again, oh I saved alright, OUTSIDE THE GATE :( When I realized what I did, I almost threw the mouse at the computer.

DOH!! :lol:

#20 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:39 AM

Currently Lv. 16, did all the Dark Brotherhood quests and now my character is a warped assassin type person with heavy armor. :devil: