Jump to content


please guide the noob


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Drinniol

Drinniol

    Legendary

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1153 posts
  • Location:Perth, Australia
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:32 AM

View PostNastey, on October 10th 2006, 06:17 AM, said:

Looks great. hey popsnizzle man, I just saw your location, im also a Perth resident!

woops swear word, I should have read the rules, sorry

*cries* Please don't stalk me. The viewpoint behind the bushes makes my butt look huge!

The Tru7h about the filter is that tBC really couldn't think of any cursing that wasn't in the dictionary, and was harsher than 'you big... big... MEANIE!'. This is despite his many years training as a Killing Machine and decades of wallowing in the slop of the Internet.
"If a bunch of actual adults suddenly found themselves trapped in high school, the first thing they'd do is form a union and renegotiate all the rules with the administration." Paul Walker

#22 Nastey

Nastey

    Fan

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:46 AM

View PostDrinniol, on October 10th 2006, 09:32 AM, said:

*cries* Please don't stalk me. The viewpoint behind the bushes makes my butt look huge!

The Tru7h about the filter is that tBC really couldn't think of any cursing that wasn't in the dictionary, and was harsher than 'you big... big... MEANIE!'. This is despite his many years training as a Killing Machine and decades of wallowing in the slop of the Internet.


O--kaaay, I was refering to the site from the link that looked great. I must have stumbled into an on-line-in-joke.

in any case I appreciate the bits of advice and links

Cheers

#23 Prometheus

Prometheus

    Legendary

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts
  • Location:California (I Wish)

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:27 AM

View PostLord Brixton, on October 10th 2006, 04:09 AM, said:

Wingnuts2 is a great fun game, but it's in no way a flight sim!
sigh, true...but its a very fun flying game.
I <3 RJ

#24 Lord Brixton

Lord Brixton

    Master Blaster

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1629 posts
  • Location:London, England

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:52 AM

View PostPrometheus, on October 10th 2006, 06:27 PM, said:

sigh, true...but its a very fun flying game.

It comes with the Lord Brixton seal of approval. Even if the difficulty levels are pegged a little high.

Tower MacPro 2x2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon / 4gb RAM / Radeon X1900 XT 512 / 20" Cinema Display.
MacBook Pro 1.8 gHz Core Duo  / 1gb RAM / Radeon mobility X1600 128 / 15" LCD
PowerBook G4 1x1.67ghz / 1gb RAM / Radeon mobility 9700 128 / 15" LCD

723rd kicks wussy Nar butt!




Posted Image


#25 Nastey

Nastey

    Fan

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:30 AM

Hi Again,

I am currently downloading Warbirds. I noticed that there is an installer for Tiger. Does this mean that I will be able to play on my Intel Macbook?? or should I...ABORT ABORT!

Also is there a demo out for F/A 18 OIF ??

Ta muchly

#26 Drinniol

Drinniol

    Legendary

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1153 posts
  • Location:Perth, Australia
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:35 AM

How well warbirds will run is entirely up in the air *grin* The forums on the totalsims website have some discussion about it, and it's probably best to ask there. This old pilot hasn't played since his HOTAS sparked and stopped working.
"If a bunch of actual adults suddenly found themselves trapped in high school, the first thing they'd do is form a union and renegotiate all the rules with the administration." Paul Walker

#27 Nastey

Nastey

    Fan

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:00 AM

View PostDrinniol, on October 11th 2006, 06:35 AM, said:

How well warbirds will run is entirely up in the air *grin* The forums on the totalsims website have some discussion about it, and it's probably best to ask there. This old pilot hasn't played since his HOTAS sparked and stopped working.

I did abort, but may download it on the G5 I have at work and burn to disc. I picked up the CH products Fighterstick new for $US70 + 35 Express to Perth. Might look at the throttle they do??

cheers

#28 Drinniol

Drinniol

    Legendary

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1153 posts
  • Location:Perth, Australia
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:44 AM

I had a Saitek X-52. It was a fantastic stick, but there was a production defect in many of them that rendered them unusable after a time. If you're going the length to get a decent stick, it's well worth getting a throttle as well. Never having to take your hands from the controls to whack at the keyboard is awesome.
"If a bunch of actual adults suddenly found themselves trapped in high school, the first thing they'd do is form a union and renegotiate all the rules with the administration." Paul Walker

#29 Nastey

Nastey

    Fan

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:49 PM

View PostDrinniol, on October 11th 2006, 07:44 AM, said:

I had a Saitek X-52. It was a fantastic stick, but there was a production defect in many of them that rendered them unusable after a time. If you're going the length to get a decent stick, it's well worth getting a throttle as well. Never having to take your hands from the controls to whack at the keyboard is awesome.

Reviews seem to indicate that he CH Products Fighterstick is one of the best available, they also do the throttle and foot pedals, will get the throttle next when funds allow.

#30 Drinniol

Drinniol

    Legendary

  • IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1153 posts
  • Location:Perth, Australia
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:39 PM

It's a solid choice, though it caters to the hardest of traditionalist hardcores over the modern consumer *grin*
"If a bunch of actual adults suddenly found themselves trapped in high school, the first thing they'd do is form a union and renegotiate all the rules with the administration." Paul Walker

#31 Huntn

Huntn

    Verbal Windbag

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:26 PM

View PostLord Brixton, on October 9th 2006, 10:14 AM, said:

It's not my area of expertise, but I'd imagine some of the older Windows flight sims woudl run OK on your rig using Bootcamp...

Has anyone tested a joystick under boot camp/winXP- do they work?