Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:18 PM

View Postsillek, on September 19th 2006, 09:08 PM, said:

And how do I erase the "Music" selection in the library listings ?  All I want it to display is my playlists....it's obvious that it's music..it's an mp3 player !!  It's a waste of space and makes it cluttered at the top.
Obviously, you have neither movies from iTunes nor podcasts, since then would realise the deeper meaning of this (sorry, german, but you will get the point):

Posted Image

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#42 Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Verbal Windbag

• IMG Writers
  • 4227 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:38 PM

View Postsillek, on September 19th 2006, 02:08 PM, said:

And how do I erase the "Music" selection in the library listings ?  All I want it to display is my playlists....it's obvious that it's music..it's an mp3 player !!  It's a waste of space and makes it cluttered at the top.

The Music category replaces the function of the Library in earlier versions of iTunes.  You can't get rid of it, and even if you could, that'd be a bad idea, because you couldn't see anything that wasn't in a playlist (or modify your playlists, for that matter).  Contrary to your opinion, iTunes 7 does a better job of organizing things than iTunes 6.  ;)  The only thing that they're really missing is a Music Videos section, and if they add it in the future, I hope that we'll be able to hide and show it like the rest of the other minor categories (I usually don't like music videos).
Former Senior Hardware Editor
InsideMacGames.com

#43 Xavier

Xavier

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:06 PM

Its nice. I liked the application even before they put it into iTunes..

Cover Flow that is
Moof!

#44 FortranDragon

FortranDragon

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:06 AM

View PostQuicksilver, on September 19th 2006, 07:38 PM, said:

The Music category replaces the function of the Library in earlier versions of iTunes.  You can't get rid of it, and even if you could, that'd be a bad idea, because you couldn't see anything that wasn't in a playlist (or modify your playlists, for that matter).

Actually, you could still modify your playlists.  ;) You could delete songs or move/add songs from playlist to playlist.  You could even create a new playlist and populate it from the existing playlists.  Heck, a smart playlist might even get you around the lack of a master library list.

I think what Sillek wants is a way to hide and show the new LIBRARY section like we can with the mini-store, the visualizer, etc..  Though I can see why Apple leaves it the way it does.  I know a number of people that have *no* playlists and simply use the library list.  It certainly would cut down on the support calls (ie, 'my music disappeared').

#45 Omaha Sternberg

Omaha Sternberg

iGame Radio

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:15 PM

Has anyone tried downloading the iPod games yet? I just downloaded a few and will be testing them out tonight, but I was wondering what other people's thoughts were. I found it interesting that several of the games were listed as published by Apple...I'm wondering if they will be publishing others later as well.

Omaha
Omaha Sternberg
Host
iGame Radio

#46 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 09:09 AM

2 things that im wondering. First up is what the data rate of the movies and tv shows is from the iTunes store.

Secondly, if theres a way of getting back the Videos section, as i much prefer having everything in such a big section and then to narrow it down myself, and im not a massive fan of having to put music videos in a playlist.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#47 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:40 AM

There is one fault (I think) I can find in the new iTunes 7...

::everyone gasps (like in those detective movies)::

When I have my iPod in, (sure,) I can manually manage my music, movies, podcasts, etc, etc; although when I try try and look at the music or whatever I've downloaded onto my ipod (to check if it has the right stuff on their) I can't.

It seems to me that you can not actually see the stuff you have put on it.

WHAT?

It doesn't make sense to me?

:unsure:

:huh:

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#48 FortranDragon

FortranDragon

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:57 AM

View PostThe Liberator, on September 23rd 2006, 05:40 AM, said:

When I have my iPod in, (sure,) I can manually manage my music, movies, podcasts, etc, etc; although when I try try and look at the music or whatever I've downloaded onto my ipod (to check if it has the right stuff on their) I can't.

I can see all my stuff on my iPod.  Have you tried clicking on the triangle next to your iPod in the source, err, DEVICES, list?

#49 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:08 AM

yeah, thats how you do it. otherwise, you wouldnt be able to manually manage your library on said device. In fact, its the same as in iTunes 6 and before.

In answer to my own question, the data rate appears to be around 1000kbps (I bought the One Man Band Pixar short, and its really really good), which leads me to believe that the "iTV" will support everything all the way down to 802.11b when it comes to streaming media. Youd just have to make sure that the data rate for the network is set to 5.5Mbps or more.

ive not found a solution to getting Videos back, but at least I can now rip from my DVDs and create TV shows with proper series etc. and they go into the TV programs section.

yeah, thats how you do it. otherwise, you wouldnt be able to manually manage your library on said device. In fact, its the same as in iTunes 6 and before.

In answer to my own question, the data rate appears to be around 1000kbps (I bought the One Man Band Pixar short, and its really really good), which leads me to believe that the "iTV" will support everything all the way down to 802.11b when it comes to streaming media. Youd just have to make sure that the data rate for the network is set to 5.5Mbps or more.

ive not found a solution to getting Videos back, but at least I can now rip from my DVDs and create TV shows with proper series etc. and they go into the TV programs section.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64

#50 The Liberator

The Liberator

• Members
  • 3707 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 01:11 AM

View PostFortranDragon, on September 23rd 2006, 11:57 PM, said:

I can see all my stuff on my iPod.  Have you tried clicking on the triangle next to your iPod in the source, err, DEVICES, list?
I feel like such an idiot!

Don't worry, you can go ahead and say it to, with me.

Liberator.

P.S. :blush:

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

#51 teflon

teflon

• Members
  • 9589 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:55 AM

youre an idiot... look,  you ever used the wrong "to". it should have been " say it too" ;)

i love been nit-picky with people talking and writing and stuff.

#52 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 07:51 AM

YOUR A fire truckING IDIOT AD YOU ALWAYS WILL BE!...cya on thursday :D

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#53 FortranDragon

FortranDragon

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:02 AM

View PostThe Liberator, on September 24th 2006, 02:11 AM, said:

Liberator.

You're not an idiot.  You had a brain cramp, the dog barfed on your keyboard, you better half walked by seductively, the power went out, someone edited the Wikipedia entry on iTunes+iPods, Steve Jobs Reality Distortion Field fluctuated, etc.  :D

#54 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 02:30 PM

View PostThe Liberator, on September 24th 2006, 12:11 AM, said:

Liberator.

You are an idiot.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#55 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 25 September 2006 - 02:01 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on September 24th 2006, 03:30 PM, said:

YOU FAIL!
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#56 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 09:10 AM

Very cool.  I listened to that till the end.  Failing was never so exciting!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#57 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 25 September 2006 - 04:23 PM

Heh, the site admin over at SSP posted that a couple months ago. The song is actually "Wizards in Winter" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (available on the iTMS!). Fantastic piece.
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#58 zapranoth

zapranoth

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 07:09 PM

View PostFrost, on September 25th 2006, 03:23 PM, said:

Heh, the site admin over at SSP posted that a couple months ago. The song is actually "Wizards in Winter" by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (available on the iTMS!). Fantastic piece.

That Christmas lights thingy on Youtube ran to this song.   Kewl beanz.
"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard, and floor it.
Floor it.  That's technical talk."   - SRV

#59 The Liberator

The Liberator

• Members
  • 3707 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 06:37 AM

TBT and Frost, where did you find those sites?

:blink:

You guys crack me up.

:lol:

Liberator.

#60 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:14 AM

View Postzapranoth, on September 25th 2006, 06:09 PM, said:

That Christmas lights thingy on Youtube ran to this song.   Kewl beanz.
THAT'S where I heard this tune before!!  Awesome video.

View PostThe Liberator, on September 26th 2006, 05:37 AM, said:

TBT and Frost, where did you find those sites?
The Battle Tabby?  I found mine a long long time ago in a forum far far away.  The link was as dead as a doornail so I searched for the file by name and got some hits.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat