5 replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:39 AM

Aspyr Media has released yet another universal binary patch, this time for Civilization III Complete. The patch updates both Civilization 3 Complete and the unsupported Civilization 3 Play the World applications and will update any version of Civilization III Complete Macintosh to version 1.22 Rev A.

Here's a list of changes and fixes:

- Provides a Universal Binary for both the Civilization 3 Complete and Play the World applications.
- Fixes error "Load Error: Error Reading file: Missing Entry in: Game DatatextPediaIcons.txt"
- Fixes instances where game would sometimes fail when completing research, giving an error about missing Civilopedia entries or other strange behavior.
- Fixed sporadic crashes when music cues were being stopped.
- Music stuttering should be greatly reduced.
- Custom scenarios (such as the SGOTM at civfanatics.com) are now properly found if placed in "~/Documents/Civilization 3 Complete/Scenarios" (searched first) or "Conquests Game Data/Scenarios" (searched second)
- Saved files are now compressed. (Autosave files are never compressed, which is the same as the PC version.)
- When playing fullscreen (as opposed to a window), you may now temporarily leave the game by using either Cmd-H (OSX's hide command) or Cmd-Tab. Clicking on the game icon in the dock (or using Cmd-Tab again) will return you back to where you were.
- Compatibility fixes for several third-party mods. In particular, the "Rhye's of Civilization" mod now works. As a side effect, network games will not work with previous versions.
To download the 42 MB patch, head over to our sister site, Macgamefiles.com.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News

#2 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:11 AM

Heck, Aspyr is positievley pumping out the UBs these days. I predict UB Deus Ex before the end of next week! :P

not to mention that all of these games are Brad Oliver specials. Thanks Brad, you UB fiend.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#3 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:10 AM

View Postteflon, on August 30th 2006, 09:11 AM, said:

Heck, Aspyr is positievley pumping out the UBs these days. I predict UB Deus Ex before the end of next week! :P

not to mention that all of these games are Brad Oliver specials. Thanks Brad, you UB fiend.
Brad has definitely been the Universal master for us lately! He put a lot of work in on these over the past few months, it's great to have them see the light of day!

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#4 eschatz

eschatz

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:28 AM

Finally......thank you! This had made my day (if not week). I have a slight addiction to this game. Your read me neglected to mention a HUGE fix......all the sounds effects are there! YESSSSSSSS
Edward

#5 jfinete

jfinete

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:49 AM

Three days, three patches. Which universal patch will be release tomorrow? My bet is on Command & Conquer Generals + Zero Hour

#6 dgallina

dgallina

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

Thanks to Glenda, Brad, and all the friendly Aspyr folks!  

My wife's MacBook doesn't run CIV IV all that well, so I'm keeping that one for myself and putting my copy of Civ III Complete on her machine instead :-)

Diego