Neverwinter Nights 2 system requirements.

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:29 PM

Just to be curious I did a wiki search on the system requirements.

System requirements
2.2GHz P4, 512MB of RAM, NVidia 5600Ultra or ATI 9500pro or better

Though it gave me an idea of which computer that's suited for the game it turned out to be false. I didin't stumble onto this page until today, according to NWN2Wiki the requirements are....

Recommended system requirements
3 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
1GB System RAM
ATI Radeon X800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series or higher video card

Minimum system requirements

Windows XP
512MB System RAM
2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver
CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
4.6GB free hard disk space
DirectX 9.0c (included)
DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
Microsoft .NET 2.0 Framework for toolset (included)
Broadband connection for multiplayer online play
Keyboard, Mouse

Worst case scenario  you need a high-end system to get the most out of the game.
What is a man?

#2 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 August 2006 - 01:24 AM

Hmm, .Net for the toolset eh? Possible implications for ease of porting?

#3 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:58 AM

Heck, these days you need at least .NET 1.1 for ATi's Catalyst Control Center driver control panel, and CCC is no longer optional in the Cats, tho you can install the raw display driver if you're OK with giving up lots of advanced options.

#4 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 14 August 2006 - 04:44 AM

The beta testing for the Toolset is actually just about to commence, from what I understand.

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#5 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 07:20 AM

Nice looking game. I like that you can change the camera angle as I really dislike the standard gods-eye view. I wonder how this world will compare with Elder Scrolls 4? Amusing that Atari makes you register on their site (gallery page) before they let you look at the full selection of screens, hence the Gamespot link.

#6 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:22 PM

Is it me or does latest Neverwinter Nights 2 screenshots look worse then previous screenshots?

I'm up to 1000 posts. Yay for me ^^
What is a man?

#7 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:24 PM

I'm in the beta test for the NWN2 toolset. That's all I'm allowed to say, sorry. Looking forward to this a lot.

Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#8 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:28 AM

View PostDaveyJJ, on August 26th 2006, 08:24 PM, said:

I'm in the beta test for the NWN2 toolset. That's all I'm allowed to say, sorry. Looking forward to this a lot.

Can you relay your impressions? Like how NWN2 compares to Titan Quest? If not, maybe after the beta is over. Thanks!

#9 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:45 AM

That's one of the cool things that I'm thrilled about ... being able to compare the two editors. The NWN2 editor videos on NWN Vault show that they are using almost exactly the same approach to editing now that the TQ editor is ... height maps, terrian painting, item placement etc.

But there are many things that (apprently) the NWN2 editor does much better if you watch the videos ... terrian brushes can be combined into a single brush to paint three or more ground types at a time; testing the modules from within the editor; scaling objects just using their bounding boxes; objects (both monsters and items etc) that get placed in the world are immediately recognized as unique instances of those items rather than requiring you to import records of items one by one; faster (and more intuitive) quest and quest journal building; NPCs as party members; ability to import 3D models; scripting via wizards; better tutorials and documentation; easier dialogues; etc etc.

Head over the NWN Vault and search for NWN 2 Toolset videos to see it in action.

I will give my impressions as soon as the NDA allows me. I can't say anything more before then.  :)

Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

#10 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:46 PM

Less than 2 weeks to the official release date. More NWN2 screens. Lots of game info.

#11 kingarthur_kom

kingarthur_kom

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:16 PM

Game is out.
Reviews from anyone?

#12 tdc

tdc

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:29 AM

View Postkingarthur_kom, on November 2nd 2006, 10:16 PM, said:

Game is out.
Reviews from anyone?

Works fine via Boot Camp on imac.

Game itself is... a bit disappointing.  Lots of counter-intuitive controls and clunky camera views.  And its world feels tiny coming on the heels of Oblivion.

#13 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • 3512 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 07:46 AM

I'm sure the rough edges will be smoothed out after half a dozen patches and a couple of expansions.  :rolleyes:

#14 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:40 AM

View Posttdc, on November 3rd 2006, 12:29 AM, said:

Works fine via Boot Camp on imac.

Game itself is... a bit disappointing.  Lots of counter-intuitive controls and clunky camera views.  And its world feels tiny coming on the heels of Oblivion.

This may sound stupid but are you playing it on a consol? (cause I thought the PC version had not been released yet). So bear with me. :)

How open does it feel compared to Oblivion? As you know Oblivion is wide open, go any where you want. Is it lineal like the original? I played Fable on the PC and while it's a good game it is extremely lineal. You almost always feel like your walking down an alley.
Thanks!

#15 Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 09:54 AM

View PostHuntn, on November 4th 2006, 07:40 AM, said:

This may sound stupid but are you playing it on a consol? (cause I thought the PC version had not been released yet). So bear with me. :)

"works fine via boot camp on iMac".

#16 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 12:08 PM

View PostHuntn, on November 4th 2006, 08:40 AM, said:

How open does it feel compared to Oblivion? As you know Oblivion is wide open, go any where you want. Is it lineal like the original? I played Fable on the PC and while it's a good game it is extremely lineal. You almost always feel like your walking down an alley.
Thanks!

nitpick alert:  

the word is LINEAR.  

anywho, PC version has been out for several days.  

And no, it isnt anything like Oblivion, thank god.  If you played the first Neverwinter Nights, youll know what to expect, though the single player campaign is a lot more juicy, on par with Kotor/Kotor 2 (and it is made by the guys who did Kotor 2).

#17 tdc

tdc

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:47 AM

View PostTetsuya, on November 4th 2006, 01:08 PM, said:

And no, it isnt anything like Oblivion, thank god.  If you played the first Neverwinter Nights, youll know what to expect, though the single player campaign is a lot more juicy, on par with Kotor/Kotor 2 (and it is made by the guys who did Kotor 2).

It definitely lacks Oblivion's free roaming design and massive content.  Especially in the first act, where there are just too many small areas where you just click to move, fight a group of guys, click, fight, click, fight, load next screen.  Thankfully, the story picks up in the Act 2 and more secondary quests are introduced so the game opens up a little.

:) - old school rpg story and game mechanics (dice roll lawlz)
:( - old school graphics and sounds (voices recycled from nwn 1!), lots of loading screens for fairly small areas, screwy UI and camera.

#18 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:10 PM

View PostTetsuya, on November 4th 2006, 12:08 PM, said:

the word is LINEAR.  

Hmm, the first definition of lineal in Websters is linear. Maybe they are more related than you think. If this game is linear, it's not for me. I prefer open spaces. :P

Any more votes pro or con? :)

#19 kingarthur_kom

kingarthur_kom

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:55 PM

View Posttdc, on November 5th 2006, 04:47 AM, said:

It definitely lacks Oblivion's free roaming design and massive content.  Especially in the first act, where there are just too many small areas where you just click to move, fight a group of guys, click, fight, click, fight, load next screen.  Thankfully, the story picks up in the Act 2 and more secondary quests are introduced so the game opens up a little.

:) - old school rpg story and game mechanics (dice roll lawlz)
:( - old school graphics and sounds (voices recycled from nwn 1!), lots of loading screens for fairly small areas, screwy UI and camera.

Old school graphics? I think not. :P Not as good as Oblivion's graphics. Yes annoying camera!
HOLY CRAPFEST the toolset sucks compared with the old one!!!  :angry:
I do not want that ported at all. I guess we see the stupid .Net implications through that. It is very difficult to use.
Another thing I don't like is the dumb pop up icons of anything you click on. They serve no purpose as far as I can tell.
I like that we can now control party members.
They ruined the quick slots.

#20 Tetsuya

Tetsuya

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2172 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:57 AM

View PostHuntn, on November 10th 2006, 05:10 PM, said:

Hmm, the first definition of lineal in Websters is linear. Maybe they are more related than you think. If this game is linear, it's not for me. I prefer open spaces. :P

Any more votes pro or con? :)

if Oblivion is your idea of a great non-linear RPG, then real RPGs in general arent for you.  I just cant stand all the useless press that game gets... 95% of the content is RandomDungoen 19333a with level-scaled mobs.  Oblivion is still Linear - to advance the plot you have to do the quest in order, one at a time.  Just because you can ignore the plot to go do a few side-quests and assault RandomlyGeneratedDungeonContent (run-on fully intended) for the 3.000th time doesnt make it non-linear.