No replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:31 AM

Applelinks has posted a review of Wingnuts 2: Raina's Revenge, Freeverse Software's latest arcade action shooter. The sequel to the popular original game, Wingnuts 2 allows players to continue the battle against the forces of Baron Von Schtopwatch and his evil cohorts. Applelinks gave Wingnuts 2 a score of 5 out of 5.

From the review:

In the original, you had just one plane. Here, you have a whole fleet of varying planes, each with its own strengths and weaknesses, and each with the ability to increase its power. Most of the planes are modeled after real military aircraft (P-51, F-86, A-10, etc.), and each colored in a pleasant blue to differentiate it from the enemy aircraft. Likewise, the enemey planes are mostly patterned after actual aircraft, and there's no home country here; you'll be shooting down American planes as well as German, Japanese, etc. If your airplane begins to take too much abuse or is low on fuel, you can always land on your carrier and switch to another. This will prove helpful not only for repairs, but also for upgrading (if you see a weapons upgrade floating about, for example, it's often worthwhile to land your current plane and retrieve the upgrade with a different plane that's in more need of the improved weapon) and for making sure you're attacking targets with the proper plane; obviously, to destroy a powerful ground target, you'd want a plane with powerful bombing abilities. Be careful, though. Although new planes are awarded to you as you progress, if a plane is destroyed, you won't get it back. Before I knew what I was doing, I lost my beloved P-51. Chuck Yeager would be so disappointed.
The full review and a handful of screenshots can be found at the Applelinks page listed below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News