Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8102 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:21 PM

View PostGoontoe, on October 17th 2006, 10:59 PM, said:

Does anyone know if in multi-player mode I can play using the Mac version against someone playing the PC version?
Yes, you can. As long as your PC counterpart does not use GameSpy to host a game.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#62 AlanH

AlanH

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 03:48 AM

View PostJanichsan, on October 18th 2006, 01:21 AM, said:

Yes, you can. As long as your PC counterpart does not use GameSpy to host a game.
I believe you can even connect if the host is using Gamespy, as long as you know the host's IP address.

#63 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 18 October 2006 - 06:27 PM

View PostAlanH, on October 18th 2006, 11:48 AM, said:

I believe you can even connect if the host is using Gamespy, as long as you know the host's IP address.
No, this doesn't work. It's clearly stated in the manual. To play against a PC user over the internet, he (or you) has to start a TCP/IP connection. GameSpy won't do it.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#64 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 19 December 2006 - 07:40 AM

I recently found the Civ4 demo on a MacAddict disk. Years ago I played the heck out of Civ2. It's one of those games I fell in love with. But Civ 3 just seemed to be more of the same to me. I'll have to give Civ4 a look-see and see if it can capture any of the old magic.

#65 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:38 AM

View PostHuntn, on December 19th 2006, 01:40 PM, said:

I recently found the Civ4 demo on MacAddict disk. Years ago I played the heck out of Civ2. It's one of those games I fell in love with. But Civ 3 just seemed to be more of the same to me. I'll have to give Civ4 a look-see and see if it can capture any of the old magic.

It's a huge improvement over Civ 3. It's battling right now with Civ 2 for my favorite of the series!

#66 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8102 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:21 AM

I'm playing Warlords right now, and I'm having a blast. It's great to see your opponents groveling in the dirt, begging for mercy and pledging vassalage. A great addition to the game. :D

#67 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:27 AM

View PostXxtraLarGe, on December 19th 2006, 10:38 AM, said:

It's a huge improvement over Civ 3. It's battling right now with Civ 2 for my favorite of the series!

Well, that must mean you enjoying getting crushed in PBEM games.   :D   Check your mail.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#68 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 06:00 PM

View Postdojoboy, on December 19th 2006, 11:27 AM, said:

Well, that must mean you enjoying getting crushed in PBEM games.   :D   Check your mail.

I don't think I'd ever be able to play this as multiplayer because each turn can take a while. I recently played through the demo. It's been a long while since CivII so I'll probably be cranking it up in the near future.