Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:04 AM

View PostJan, on July 28th 2006, 08:12 AM, said:

Alexandre Juillard of Codeweavers mentioned in an interview for a German Linux magazine a few weeks ago that "Prey" is not officially supported, but runs "very well on Crossover Mac". For the inital release, official support for Half-Life and Half-Life 2 seems to be very likely (they are already listed if you create a new "WINE bottle" in the current Alpha build).

Thanks for the info! Half-Life 2, despite it's rocky history and ill-will generated because of no Mac version, this will rock the Mac Gaming world...being able to playing it without Windows. I wonder what kind of performance penalty Crossover Mac has if any?

#62 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:41 PM

I have officially completed Prey on normal and cherokee difficulty. I was dissipointed by the length of the campain but it was @*&^$%# awesome! I love this game!
What is a man?

#63 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:05 PM

How hard was Cherokee mode?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#64 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:26 PM

View PostAskilfeasd, on July 28th 2006, 10:05 PM, said:

How hard was Cherokee mode?

It's hard on the first 2 levels until you get the spiritwalking ability. After you earn spirtwalking, you are able to be resurrected.
What is a man?

#65 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:49 AM

Yeah I know about the whole dying thing, I have played the demo, I don't like it(the dying thing) at all, it makes the game simplistic, when I die in a game, I want to be sent back to the beginning of the level, no matter how close I was to the end, or hell, just make me start the game over, but nooOOOOoo, they had to put that in and ruin the game.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#66 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:17 PM

So quit the game and restart the level. Game unruined. You're making my head hurt.

#67 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:46 PM

There are no levels in Prey. >:|

#68 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:55 PM

View PostAskilfeasd, on July 29th 2006, 01:46 PM, said:

There are no levels in Prey. >:|

There are 22 some levels. I'm up to the level called Ascent and liking it very much as it is superior to Doom3 imo.

#69 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 09:10 PM

There is a patch coming for it soon Huntn BTW.
What is a man?

#70 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:13 AM

View PostIchigo27, on August 14th 2006, 10:10 PM, said:

There is a patch coming for it soon Huntn BTW.

Too patch or not to patch, that is the question. In other words if it ain't broke, should I take the chance of fixing it? ;)

#71 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:07 AM

Thats how I treat PC patches these days... if its working fine for ME... should I really try and risk breaking it with an 'update' ?

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#72 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:24 PM

The game is in need to be patched according to 3D Realms.

- Fixed a crash at startup on some machines

- Fixed an occasional crash on the dedicated server

- Fixed a crash when using image_usecache cvar with very big textures. Textures whose lowest mip map doesn't fit will be default texture.

- This was causing a crash when a modified prey was loading "Mother's Embrace".

- Fixed a crash on some machines when reading savegames.

- Some timedemo features not appearing if you restart between record/playback

- Added widescreen resolutions to menus

- Updated multiplayer browser to fix servers not showing up due to DNS resolution

- Updated multiplayer browser not keeping join button up to date when server summary wasn't the active tab.

- Updated multiplayer browser so punkbuster icons show up in their column properly

- Updated multiplayer browser so mod games' icons show up properly

- Updated multiplayer browser so server scanning is more consistent on slower connections
Fixed multiplayer weapon exploit

Hopfuly this will fix the lag as well as some other issues. And now to content.

There's also new content for Prey coming soon -- still in the process of finalizing the new maps. We've read online that some people have requested maps that function well as 1v1 maps. So, we've taken that to heart and have been working on four maps that work better with a smaller number of people 2-4 players. Of course, you can still play with more than four in the maps, but they can get pretty insane.

Also, we're adding in six new player characters:

- Four female characters: Jen, Elhuit, Mother, and Becky (the blond victim you see occasionally on slabs in the single player Prey)
- Two Hunter characters: Hunter and Elite Hunter

Similar to the 1.1 patch, no ETA on the release on this, other than soon. We're still working on finishing the maps and play balancing them. We'll announce the release date for this, once we're closer to final. Watch 3DR's page, or Prey.com for that info.

Yes, this additional content will be released on the 360 as well. Further details about possible points cost of the extra content for the 360 has yet to be determined.

Well, that's all for now. We'll definitely keep everyone posted on the status of the patch and of the new content.

Until next time, stay out of trouble.

Chris Rhinehart - Prey Project Lead
Human Head Studios

What is a man?

#73 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:50 PM

If you don't play online, have no issues and aren't crashing, I'm not seeing anything compelling there.

What I really hate are forced patches and/or patches with unforeseen consequences. If you, say, got online and got a Halo autopatch, then found out all your saved games on the current level no longer worked and you were knocked back to the beginning of the level... if you were almost done with the T&R on Legendary, that could really hurt.

Or worse (not Halo), "All saved games are incompatible with the latest patch. Sorry." Grr. I always read Readmes before patching now, and try to back up saved games first.

#74 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:34 PM

Just finished. Game gets a thumbs up. Creative level design, outstanding music and immersion, sweet fusion of bio/mechanical weapons,  all most feels epic, not too hard, lineal, and outshines D3 imo. Some (Prey) boss related fights are pretty frantic, but mostly average. Final boss fight so-so.  I realize some people like the D3's dark atmosphere, but for me it was too much dark. In Prey, you can actually enjoy the scenery.

Hard for me to tell cause Quake 4 runs poorly on my Mac but seems better than Quake 4 although you guys might be into Q4 for multiplayer? I only did Prey solo. I heard Prey MP was so-so. I need to try it.

I started thinking about F.E.A.R. Some nice squad action and spooky effects, but level after level, after yes, more levels of generic office buildings- Argg! Sad level design in comparison. :P

If you want to see some Prey pics, here are some shots. Hit slide show... did not get too many pics of bad guys, I may go back and scoop some later.

#75 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 07:44 AM

http://xbox360.ign.c...6/726294p1.html
Prey 2 already?!