Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:44 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on June 25th 2006, 07:12 PM, said:

I take it the creature was brown and tapered at one end?

You just fell off the edge of good taste. I know, I know who accused you of having any? :P

#42 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 09:13 AM

What.  You never heard of a "trouser snake."  That's what I was thinking when I said "brown and tapered at one end".  What in the world were you thinking about?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#43 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:58 AM

Umm, these perhaps? http://www.easternle...00913-02-2T.jpg
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#44 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 10:11 PM

majQa'! maj! maj!  This demo is so good I find myself bursting into a strange language. It's rare to stumble upon a game that gets me this excited. Portals, gravity altering, upside downsey ramps, spirit land, rock'n roll; throw a grenade and bad guys scramble away from it. Is it me or does this look better than Q4? Looks like the PC release date is Jul 10!!! buy' ngop!!

pic

another pic

yet another pic

what a pic

A gallery of pic

#45 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:18 PM

The demo version of Prey on the 360 is officaly out. I downloaded it and what do you know? It only took 30 minutes to download and thats not even that nicest part. I spend about 40 minutes playing the single player, so far it was worth playing.
What is a man?

#46 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:39 AM

Prey Review
Nine years after its E3 debut, Prey arrives on the PC. A different dev, an id engine, and that wacky portal technology come together to make a solid shooter. Read on.
http://www.firingsqu...es/prey_review/

#47 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 05:43 AM

View PostBatcat, on July 14th 2006, 05:39 AM, said:

That's a fair review IMO. When NME's dive away from your grenades, that can make it something of a challenge. I think it's a better solo game than Doom3. I dig the Indian aspects of the game. :) I've not tried multiplayer.

#48 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:27 AM

Hmm, I wasn't too impressed by the multiplayer, it is laggy, and feels tacked on, and the singleplayer is a been-there-done-that kind of game.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#49 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:09 PM

View PostHuntn, on July 14th 2006, 06:43 AM, said:

That's a fair review IMO. When NME's dive away from your grenades, that can make it something of a challenge. I think it's a better solo game than Doom3. :) I've not tried multiplayer.

Even though I've only played the demo, I'm really looking forward to playing the game dispite the reviews . I'll give it a rent.
What is a man?

#50 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:12 PM

I am going to hold off on Prey, and get Chromehounds and Gears of War when it comes out.

#51 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:12 PM

I really enjoyed the demo myself and look forward to picking up the game.  I dugg everything that was in the demo especially things like wall walking, spirit walking, organic environments, etc. and the game has the sort of atmosphere that I like. Of course as with anything it's not everyone's cup of tea. But hey, it's MY cup of tea.  :P I would say most fps games are a been there done that sort of thing because really you are just running around shooting things but I myself am really into that style of play... but of course that doesn't mean I love every single FPS game out there just ones that "speak to me" (if you get my meaning) and this one is one of them. I'll probably be getting this for the PC if it doesn't come out for the Mac since I am no console player (except for under emulation).
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#52 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:50 PM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on July 14th 2006, 05:12 PM, said:

I really enjoyed the demo myself and look forward to picking up the game.  I dugg everything that was in the demo especially things like wall walking, spirit walking, organic environments, etc. and the game has the sort of atmosphere that I like. Of course as with anything it's not everyone's cup of tea. But hey, it's MY cup of tea.

Agreed, all of those elements make the game worthwhile.

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on July 14th 2006, 05:12 PM, said:

I'll probably be getting this for the PC if it doesn't come out for the Mac since I am no console player (except for under emulation).

I'm a console player and a computer player, but lately I've been playing on the consoles quite a bit.
What is a man?

#53 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 07:34 AM

Hmm, I'm halfway convinced by the reviews, but my own experience with the demo says I should buy Chromehounds over Prey, the demo for Chromehounds impressed me much more.

#54 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:25 PM

Chromehounds for Windows, eh? :)

#55 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

View PostBatcat, on July 17th 2006, 05:25 PM, said:

Chromehounds for Windows, eh? :)

He's talking about a 360 title.
What is a man?

#56 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 10:47 PM

I know. A bit of humor- this is the 'Windows Gaming' subforum.

#57 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:58 AM

Ah, humour, I might have known/

#58 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:22 AM

I'm not sure if someone mentioned it before: Prey runs under Mac OS X using Crossover Mac, which should be out soon since they aim for a late July/early August release. :D
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

#59 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:42 AM

View PostJan, on July 28th 2006, 05:22 AM, said:

I'm not sure if someone mentioned it before: Prey runs under Mac OS X using Crossover Mac, which should be out soon since they aim for a late July/early August release. :D

I had not heard of Crossover Mac. The blurb says the number of Windows games that will be compatible has not yet been determined.

#60 Jan

Jan

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Steam Name:Jan
  • Steam ID:janfeld

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:12 AM

View PostHuntn, on July 28th 2006, 02:42 PM, said:

I had not heard of Crossover Mac. The blurb says the number of Windows games that will be compatible has not yet been determined.

Alexandre Juillard of Codeweavers mentioned in an interview for a German Linux magazine a few weeks ago that "Prey" is not officially supported, but runs "very well on Crossover Mac". For the inital release, official support for Half-Life and Half-Life 2 seems to be very likely (they are already listed if you create a new "WINE bottle" in the current Alpha build).
Feral Account: Jan

MacBook 12" with Retina Display (Early 2015)
Core M 1,2 GHz | 8 GB RAM | 512 GB Flash
Intel HD5300 1536 MB VRAM
macOS Sierra

Now playing: Mad Max, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Ultra Street Fighter II, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe