Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:56 AM

View PostmacmanZ, on June 20th 2006, 10:11 PM, said:

Anyone ever play Turok?  This kinda reminds me of that... PORTALS ANYONE?

One of the few consol games I loved- the original Turok.

#22 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:01 PM

View PostHuntn, on June 21st 2006, 06:56 AM, said:

One of the few consol games I loved- the original Turok.
And the PC version was (IMO) even better but the only similarities between these two are that they have native american leads. Also the "portals" in Turok work way differently they are the old spawn point type portals.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#23 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:45 PM

Prey began development long, long ago, well before Turok, when Paul Schuytema left writing at Computer Gaming World to work on its cutting-edge game engine. It was to be 3DRealms' next game after Duke Forever, which *may* have had something to do with its cancellation way back when. Prey screens from as far back as 1995 can still be had.

http://www.3dgamers....prey/downloads/

#24 placy

placy

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:26 PM

I haven't really seen anything gameplay-wise in the videos that makes me very interested in this title.

#25 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:16 PM

The PC version of the demo is released. Xbox 360 is slated for tomarrow according to 3drealms.

Update on Prey Demo for Xbox 360

Here's a quick message from our forums, posted by 3DR president George Broussard about availability of the Prey 360 Demo.

We do not want 360 people waiting up for the demo or having false expectations. The 360 demo will not appear on Marketplace tonight.
I'm still waiting for specifcs, but I'm being told that it's still in testing at Microsoft. From what I understand this isn't Microsoft's fault, and is more likely just an issue of timing.

I'm hesitant to give any estimates for a release, but I've been told it should be reasonably soon after the PC release, but could be as long as a few days.

We will post an update as soon as we have more solid information.

:rolleyes:
What is a man?

#26 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:31 AM

I'm downloading it to try it on my PC Laptop although I know it probably can't handle it... my curiosity is insatiable.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#27 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:23 PM

O.K. PC demo is running. Lots of eye candy, innovative level design, great atmosphere, fusion of bio/mechanical environment and weapons, ahh lau weidle...whoops, (picking up jaw again). Where's my checkbook?

:edit: Lineal path, but many solo fps stories are. Not bothering me so far.

Edited by Huntn, 23 June 2006 - 06:52 AM.

#28 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:26 PM

Man, I am getting this for the 360 as soon as it comes out.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#29 Joe M.

Joe M.

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:37 PM

View PostHuntn, on June 22nd 2006, 12:23 PM, said:

O.K. PC demo is running. Lots of eye candy, innovative level design, great atmosphere, fusion of bio/mechanical environment and weapons, ahh lau weidle...whoops, (picking up jaw again). Where's my checkbook?

Couple minutes left on my download here, can't wait!

edit: the game looks pretty amazing even on my mediocre rig http://tinyurl.com/qdohy

#30 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:20 PM

View PostJoe M., on June 22nd 2006, 02:37 PM, said:

edit: the game looks pretty amazing even on my mediocre rig http://tinyurl.com/qdohy

Is it just me, or in that picture, doesn't Tommy just look a little... Off? I don't know how to describe it, just something looks wrong about his face in that image.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#31 Joe M.

Joe M.

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 01:47 PM

View PostAskilfeasd, on June 22nd 2006, 01:20 PM, said:

Is it just me, or in that picture, doesn't Tommy just look a little... Off? I don't know how to describe it, just something looks wrong about his face in that image.

lol yeah, you're seeing him in a mirror there at an angle (you're looking from his perspective, shackled to the pod thing there). the mirror then vanishes and you see some alien guys. it's pretty cool.  :D

#32 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:24 PM

Actually human models (specifically faces) in Prey look off to me too, like the girlfriend in the bar. HL2 wins the prize for best human models and animations by far.

#33 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:28 PM

To make fun of the delay of the 360 demo I thought I would post this. TBC please don't get mad at me and  remove this please!

Quote by a pissed off gamer called Ferretwave333
We have to wait a few days while the pc people get it in an hour and a half? I hate Microsoft and their gay testin department.

Heres George Broussard's reply.

Quote by 3D Realms staff member George Broussard

It's not Microsoft's fault. They aren't gay. Really.

What is a man?

#34 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 02:51 PM

OMG!!! MY DELICATE SENSIBILITIES ARE RUINED FOREVER!!! HOW DARE YOU OFFEND ME LIKE THAT!!! WEIRD PEOPLE HAVE FEELINGS TOO!!!

#35 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:57 AM

View PostJoe M., on June 22nd 2006, 01:37 PM, said:

In reference to the screen shot, soon after be careful what button you push! (Not unlike Doom 3) :D How long do pics stay up on photobucket?

View PostIchigo27, on June 22nd 2006, 03:28 PM, said:

To make fun of the delay of the 360 demo I thought I would post this. TBC please don't get mad at me and  remove this please!
Heres George Broussard's reply.

Lol! Kinda like when Mac users got the Quake 3 demo first? PC users had a hissy fit.

#36 Joe M.

Joe M.

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 07:34 PM

View PostHuntn, on June 23rd 2006, 06:57 AM, said:

In reference to the screen shot, soon after be careful what button you push! (Not unlike Doom 3) :D How long to pics stay up on photobucket?

Hmm, let's see. I opened that account before I put my original PC box together. That was something over a year ago. I still have screenshots on the account from way back then so I'd be inclined to say forever. I mean,  I still have a screenshot of this.

#37 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:01 PM

View PostJoe M., on June 23rd 2006, 08:34 PM, said:

Hmm, let's see. I opened that account before I put my original PC box together. That was something over a year ago. I still have screenshots on the account from way back then so I'd be inclined to say forever. I mean,  I still have a screenshot of this.

Thanks Joe! I may have to get an account there. Sounds like it stays as long as your account is good. I'll check to see how many MBs an account has.

#38 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3783 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:41 PM

OMG... I think my pants just fell prey to a vicious creature while watching that E3 2006 trailer.. O_O
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#39 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:49 PM

View PostThain Esh Kelch, on June 25th 2006, 02:41 PM, said:

OMG... I think my pants just fell prey to a vicious creature while watching that E3 2006 trailer.. O_O

Do I want to imagine that? :P no...

#40 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:12 PM

I take it the creature was brown and tapered at one end?
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat