#1 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:58 PM

I was feeling luke warm about Prey until I saw the 115 MB trailer. (Mine came on the new PC Gamer CD). Holy smokes!! :w00t:

Here's another link. It uses the Doom3 engine. Any mention of this appearing on the Mac?

#2 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2242 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:09 PM

Not to mention the demo will be released in less then 7 days.  :cool:

http://xbox360.ign.c...9/709359p1.html
What is a man?

#3 Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:13 PM

View PostIchigo27, on June 15th 2006, 06:09 PM, said:

Not to mention the demo will be released in less then 7 days.  :cool:

holly cocktakey! that gives me just enough time to re-install windows and get rid of all the crap that is infesting my windows partition.

#4 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:33 PM

Ah, another FPS. With, uh, aliens. That's never been done before, eh?

Admittedly nice looking but it's simply another spin on a tired genre, IMHO. Can ya tell I'm cranky again today?

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#5 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2242 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:06 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on June 16th 2006, 08:33 PM, said:

Admittedly nice looking but it's simply another spin on a tired genre, IMHO. Can ya tell I'm cranky again today?

Give the title a break, the original game developers killed it off in the late 90s. It wasn't until 3 years ago that it was picked up by the developers of Rune.
What is a man?

#6 reallynotnick

reallynotnick

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:29 PM

If you want some good trailers, just go to gametrailers.com. They are much higher quality then IGN's and came in both QuickTime (yea!) and Windows Media.

All the Prey videos on GT:
http://www.gametrail...d=1918#trailers

It does seem to have a lot of cool effects, with going upside down and going through portales that you can see into. Kind of mind blowing, might ware off though. Not to crazy about the weird alien guns though.

#7 George the Flea

George the Flea

IMG Comma Junkie

• IMG Writers
  • 680 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:37 AM

Personally, I'm really looking forward to this game.  Alternate/shifting physics is an area that just hasn't really been tapped that well.  Having played AvP avidly for years, I can definitively say that it is a whole lot of fun when the person you're fighting might just be on the walls or ceiling (or when you're the one on the walls/ceiling).  Adds an entire new element to the game, and forces you to really be observant to survive.  The trailers for this game look like they did a pretty good job with it, too.

So here's hoping.
Ian
IMG Flunky

Me + web = Beckism.com | Tagamac | One Crayon

#8 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:36 AM

View PostHuntn, on June 16th 2006, 09:58 AM, said:

Any mention of this appearing on the Mac?

well theres a good chance they will because they have done 2 games using the D3 engine now
this knowledge of it would make it priority

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#9 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:37 AM

but both of those games were from ID, or ID licensed...
Prey is from a totally different company, so all that it really means is that if there is a port done, then therell be a quick turn around.
I think that aspyr would wait till they see the first month's sales before picking this game up, as D3 and Q4 were proven series of games, and sure fire hits in the first place.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#10 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:53 AM

I like how people go on about those portals.

Sheesh... Marathon had that ability from day one ;) Granted not spinning around, opening, collapsing, warping, or sending you to smaller parts of the same room... but still an open doorway you can look into a different area, then sidestep and see your current room behind it. It was called 5D space.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#11 Drinniol

Drinniol

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1153 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:19 AM

Oh man. I remember this one map, that had 5D portals everywhere. It was the most awesome use of the game engine I've seen, ever. I wonder if it's still around...
"If a bunch of actual adults suddenly found themselves trapped in high school, the first thing they'd do is form a union and renegotiate all the rules with the administration." Paul Walker

#12 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:12 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on June 16th 2006, 08:33 PM, said:

Maybe you just need more sleep. :D FPS is no more tired than any other genre. They can all look tired depending on what appeals to you. I've always considered UT to be close to if not a perfect FPS. So when a company can introduce new game elements and physics to this genre, I'm impressed. Or I should say, I'll be impressed if the game-play wows me.

View PostFrigidman, on June 17th 2006, 11:53 AM, said:

I like how people go on about those portals.

Sheesh... Marathon had that ability from day one ;) Granted not spinning around, opening, collapsing, warping, or sending you to smaller parts of the same room... but still an open doorway you can look into a different area, then sidestep and see your current room behind it. It was called 5D space.

I  remember one MP map shaped like a rectangular grid from Marathon or MII, that was lots of fun! Maybe it had 5D in the title...

#13 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:06 PM

View PostHuntn, on June 18th 2006, 04:12 AM, said:

I  remember one MP map shaped like a rectangular grid from Marathon or MII, that was lots of fun! Maybe it had 5D in the title...
The name of that net map is in fact "5-D Space", and it appears in both Marathon 1 and 2.

#14 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3318 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 17 June 2006 - 11:35 PM

This is definitely a game I would like to see a Mac version of but either way I need a new computer to play it my current Mac just won't cut it... and I don't need a second opinion I KNOW it won't cut it. =p I've been excited about this game for a while though and I look forward to buying a new computer and playing it. One other thing for me is I want to play this game on a computer as I prefer computer gaming over console gaming.

BTW, lots of games had "portals" before Prey but the way they use portals in Prey is still pretty innovative in my opinion especially with the gravity effects and environments they do, etc. Some of the monsters look like they are out of the Matrix but either way this game looks like a fresh take on different elements you might have seen before plus other surprises and I expect some good surprises in this game! This game also looks like it has a few gameplay additions that look compelling... well to me anyway. Too much that I don't want to go over in some random message board post but it's lots of good stuff that I'm excited to play. I don't think anyone should bash\diminish this game before they try it.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#15 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2242 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:14 PM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on June 18th 2006, 12:35 AM, said:

This is definitely a game I would like to see a Mac version of but either way I need a new computer to play it my current Mac just won't cut it... and I don't need a second opinion I KNOW it won't cut it. =p I've been excited about this game for a while though and I look forward to buying a new computer and playing it. One other thing for me is I want to play this game on a computer as I prefer computer gaming over console gaming.

BTW, lots of games had "portals" before Prey but the way they use portals in Prey is still pretty innovative in my opinion especially with the gravity effects and environments they do, etc. Some of the monsters look like they are out of the Matrix but either way this game looks like a fresh take on different elements you might have seen before plus other surprises and I expect some good surprises in this game! This game also looks like it has a few gameplay additions that look compelling... well to me anyway. Too much that I don't want to go over in some random message board post but it's lots of good stuff that I'm excited to play. I don't think anyone should bash\diminish this game before they try it.

Prey IMO reminds me of the good old days of first person shooters, the art design is sick and those portals are cool. Reminds me of Quake 3 or Elite Force. I CAN'T WAIT to try the demo on the xbox 360.
What is a man?

#16 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:32 PM

View PostIchigo27, on June 18th 2006, 04:14 PM, said:

Prey IMO reminds me of the good old days of first person shooters, the art design is sick and those portals are cool. Reminds me of Quake 3 or Elite Force. I CAN'T WAIT to try the demo on the xbox 360.

sick= slick I assume. :)

Is that demo for the xbox 360 only or is a PC demo right behind it?

#17 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2242 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 06:52 PM

View PostHuntn, on June 18th 2006, 07:32 PM, said:

sick= slick I assume. :)

That's what I mean.

View PostHuntn, on June 18th 2006, 07:32 PM, said:

Is that demo for the xbox 360 only or is a PC demo right behind it?

3D Realms said PC and Xbox 360.
What is a man?

#18 Joe M.

Joe M.

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:13 PM

The design team for this game has made Doom 3 look old, dingy and irrelevant. Wow.

#19 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2242 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 06:59 PM

A bit of a update about the release of the prey demo for those who are not aware of.

The Prey Demo is slated for tomarrow at 9:00 p.m. PDT for the Xbox 360 via the marketplace. Same time as the PC version.
What is a man?

#20 macmanZ

macmanZ

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 09:11 PM

Anyone ever play Turok?  This kinda reminds me of that... PORTALS ANYONE?