123 replies to this topic

#121 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:10 AM

I did include the copious written materials in my assumptions when writing that. There's a lot of useful background, and I did read it. I bought it, paid for it, read it. It was good.

The exposition and backgrounding continue. The first few levels are about introduction, training, getting your feet wet with the easy stuff, whippersnappers.

And how many guys did you cap at the beginning of Payne, during the flashback? ;)

#122 Drinniol

Drinniol

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1153 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:45 AM

View Postteflon, on July 6th 2006, 01:09 PM, said:

not to mention that you barely know whats going on when you start getting thwacked while reading the terminal. Pure genius of dropping you right into the deep end without a clue whats going on.

If you knew anything, you'd know that aliens originally stopped moving when players were reading terms in M1 :D
"If a bunch of actual adults suddenly found themselves trapped in high school, the first thing they'd do is form a union and renegotiate all the rules with the administration." Paul Walker

#123 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:22 AM

did they? well, coming late to the pack, as I did (i got the trilogy box early last year, and have only played M1 through the wonderful M1A1 port for Aleph One), they do move. and they do hit you... or at least, they did for me.....  :unsure:

and so most people coming to play it these days will have them coming after you when you read the terminals... especially blake buck. the Pfhor dont like blake.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#124 Drinniol

Drinniol

Legendary

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1153 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:33 AM

They did M2 onwards, yeah. Be a real man and fire up the true M1! :)
"If a bunch of actual adults suddenly found themselves trapped in high school, the first thing they'd do is form a union and renegotiate all the rules with the administration." Paul Walker