#41 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:47 AM

Hero's Journey Preview- a little old but still interesting read. Schduled for 07 release.

Pirates of the Burning Sea- beta accounts offered by MMORPG.com.

MMORPG.com Readers Choice Awards 2006.
  Most anticipated MMORPG: Warhammer Online.
  Favorite Game 2006: Eve Online.

Saga of Ryzom- Unlimited Free starter area.

#42 Hoffer802

Hoffer802

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

Has anyone checked out the Warhammer Online trailer yet?  It is hillarious...and it look pretty interesting...realy hoping it doesnt turn out to be a fluke =p
The Mac:  15.4" Macbook Pro, 2.33ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, ATI x1600 256mb, 3 gigs ram.
The PC :  3.0ghz Intel Core2Duo E8400, Asus P5N-D nForce SLI Motherboard, BFG GeForce8800 GT OC 512MB, 4gigs ram

-Shiny, lets be bad guys ~Jane
-If anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up, honestly there could be tears ~ Mal

#43 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:07 PM

If your into MMOs an interesting interview with Mark Kern, formerly with Blizzard and Team Lead of WoW. He left to form his own company and talks about the future of MMOs.

I liked that he addressed what he perceived as problems with the current MMOs end game- endless raiding and demanding guilds, and also mentioned the static nature of MMOs. These are 2 of my biggest critiques for this genre.

#44 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:57 PM

Aion- is this a new MMORPG worth getting excited about?

Mmm could be.  See this Aion thread. It sounds interesting with it's claim of emphasis on casual play and a dymanic environment.

#45 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

5/07- A Look at Two Worlds.

Quote of the day: Our MMO lives are spent in daily monotony: we spend hours killing the same monsters in the same dungeons, weeks of adventuring profits are saved for a coveted new sword or breastplate. Guilds allow us companionship, teamwork, and a human element of excitement that would otherwise be missing in our games.

#46 johnwillo

johnwillo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:37 PM

Another MMO from the makers of the Conan MMO.

#47 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 05:22 PM

View Postjohnwillo, on May 11th 2007, 05:37 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads up!

Sword of the New World Developer Journal- interesting reading. This game will feature the simotaneous control of up to 3 characters at once. Have an instantaneous party?

#48 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:09 AM

Added new info on Two Worlds to original post.

Two Worlds- Estimated release June 2007.
5/07- A Look at Two Worlds.
5/07- Excerpt from the July07 PCGamer- Perhaps one of the most interesting things about TW is that both single-player and multiplayer (which plays just like a single-player campaign, but with more people) are persistent- in other words, everything you do has an impact on the world, even when you're playing online. It then goes to describe a case where a player using alchemy creates a potion and names it. This potion will have the name attached to it so when another person happens upon the same potion, he will get a message that he created "so and so's brew".

I'm excited because I'm looking for new coop play opportunities outside of a MMO.- Hunt'n.

#49 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:23 PM

Added-

The Chronicles of Spellborn. Release Date: TBA. Taking Beta Applications.

From Blurb describing the CoS Skill & Combat System.

Tactical Choices
What we are doing with the combat system in TCoS is to increase the effect of tactical choices made by the player during combat. Furthermore we think that too many games use a combat system that is too dependent on damage outcome using formulas and percentages that sort of take away player control, and can take away the joy of victory. For instance this can be especially true of a combatant who wins due to a lucky streak of critical hits, or by using a weapon which does random bonus damage.

Targeting System

One of the things that has drastically changed in our game (in relation to most other MMOGs) is the targeting system. We have removed auto attack combat where you would target an opponent and click the attack button once and wait utill the opponent is defeated. Instead you hit where you swing by actually keeping your opponent manually targeted using a targeting 'reticule' or 'crosshair'. So if you win a battle it means your choices and reactions made the difference, not dice rolls and statistics.

#50 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:48 PM

Two Worlds looks corny and downright lame. The Witcher though, looks very interesting, too bad that wont see release on os x.
What is a man?

#51 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 06:51 AM

View PostIchigo27, on May 29th 2007, 09:48 PM, said:

Two Worlds looks corny and downright lame. The Witcher though, looks very interesting, too bad that wont see release on os x.

The graphical styles of both games seems similar to me although The Witcher modeling looks a little better.

#52 Ichigo27

Ichigo27

NSFW o_O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2241 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:52 AM

View PostHuntn, on May 30th 2007, 07:51 AM, said:

The graphical styles of both games seems similar to me although The Witcher modeling looks a little better.

Two Worlds character models and graphic style looks like something that a developer fixed up in 1 month, The Witcher's art design overall looks like the game development team took great care of. The overall graphics of that game are somewhat dated but the art design makes up for.
What is a man?

#53 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 06:57 AM

Dungeon Runners- This title is not on the main list but looks interesting. All of the dungeons are instanced, randomly generated, and I think the difficulty scales automatically to the party. Mechanisms in the game are supposed to make matching up to a party easy. Dungeons can be run in as little as 15 minutes so it's being called "casual" and it's being compared to Diablo. It's also free to play but if you want extras, for $5/month you get the ability to have  bank storage space, built in voice chat, the ability to use higher level weapons and maybe other stuff I forgot. ;)

E3 Overview.

Dungeon Runner Dev Journal.

#54 johnwillo

johnwillo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:40 AM

Nice preview for Tabula Rasa, available for pre-order, allegedly shipping in September.

http://www.rgtr.com/pre-order/

#55 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:48 PM

View Postjohnwillo, on August 20th 2007, 12:40 PM, said:

Nice preview for Tabula Rasa, available for pre-order, allegedly shipping in September.

Outstanding trailer on your link! I'm going to giggle like a school girl if this game runs on my P4. For games like WoW I prefer text chat. But when I played Planetside, voice comms was the only way to go. I imagine it will be the same for TR. I just noticed the Recc Requirements list Vista but not DX10. Hmm, I thought Vista committed you to DX10? This is probably a typo. Or can you run Vista with a dual DX9 and 10 install I wonder.

Tabula Rasa System Requriements:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
# Microsoft Windows XP
# 2.5GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
# 512 MB RAM
# DVD-ROM
# 5GB available HDD space
# ATI Radeon 9600 or NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 series video card with 128 MB of VRAM
# 16 bit sound card
# Broadband internet connection
# Keyboard and mouse
# DirectX 9.0c

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
# Microsoft Windows Vista/XP
# 3.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
# 2GB RAM
# DVD-ROM
# 5 GB available HDD space
# ATI Radeon x1800 or NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series video card
# 16-bit sound card
# Broadband internet connection
# Keyboard and mouse
# DirectX9.0c

#56 Morrigan

Morrigan

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:27 PM

View Postjohnwillo, on August 20th 2007, 12:40 PM, said:

oh my, that's nice.

#57 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:54 PM

My P4 has a real chance of running Tabula Rasa. I'm hoping it gives as rewarding an experience as Planetside did. Of course then there is weighing it against Conan and Warhammer... Beta testing is really nice for checking out titles like these if you can get into them.

She's a real babe in that trailer. Outstanding environments too. :D

So that is the question: Tabula Rasa, Conan, or Warhammer? I can only do one at a time. The last two I beta tested I gave up on them rather quickly- Sword of the New World and LOTRO.

#58 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:44 PM

I was in Target today. I don't know how it happened but I found myself within 10 paces of the register with a copy of Tabula Rasa in my hands. Then sanity kicked in and I managed to get it back on the shelf to wait for the supposed free trial.

Anyone spurged? If so reports requested.

#59 johnwillo

johnwillo

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:21 PM

View PostHuntn, on November 6th 2007, 09:44 PM, said:

Anyone spurged? If so reports requested.

I've gotten to level 7, but I have more-or-less stopped playing.  It played fine on a MBP 2.4 GHz.  Graphics reminded me of LotRO.  Trying to be photo realistic, but looking pretty artificial.  I didn't get pulled into it, but I'm going to try to give it more time.

#60 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 08:05 AM

12/07- List updated, Gods and Heros Cancelled, Tabula Rasa gone to Retail.