PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

View PostAtticus, on April 7th 2007, 01:36 PM, said:

Question for Huntn (or anyone who cares to respond): so I've just fenced over 600 gold worth of stolen goodz, and as a result, I'm supposed to wait for the Gray Fox to contact me with more jobs. According to the "Thievery" quest update, it's best if I wait in the Imperial City. Well, I've done a lot of waiting, and no Gray Fox flunkies have approached me with work. Am I doing something wrong? What's next?

Thanks!

Atticus
Who has only 31 more Oblivion gates to close

PS--Using the Catalyst control panel, I've overclocked the GPU and memory clock-rate on my X1900.  :devil: The game doesn't stutter quite as much while I'm riding around, but maybe it's just the placebo effect at work.

I found it a bit unpredictable when they would actually show up, and it wasn't restricted to the Imperial City, but since it's Methredhel that delivers the message, and she lives there, it's the best place to hang out. There are also apparently some bugs if you've already fenced enough goods to pass the next level after the quest.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#82 Atticus

Atticus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:15 PM

Hm. Well, I've fenced 648g worth of goods, so I shouldn't be overlapping the next quest. Guess I'll just keep waiting....

Atticus
"I'm standing in the middle of life with my pants behind me."

#83 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

View PostAtticus, on April 7th 2007, 04:15 PM, said:

Hm. Well, I've fenced 648g worth of goods, so I shouldn't be overlapping the next quest. Guess I'll just keep waiting....

Atticus

You could try literally waiting (press 't'), which some other people seem to suggest (maybe it triggers the AI or something, not sure). I've had them follow me to other cities - I don't know if they need to travel all the way back if they tried to find you somewhere else, but waiting for a bit might help them catch up.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#84 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

View Postnobody, on April 7th 2007, 03:48 PM, said:

You could try literally waiting (press 't'), which some other people seem to suggest (maybe it triggers the AI or something, not sure). I've had them follow me to other cities - I don't know if they need to travel all the way back if they tried to find you somewhere else, but waiting for a bit might help them catch up.

Unfortunately I've not played the thieves quest, as I'm too good so I don't know the answer. If you don't find the answer here, I'd ask this question in the Bethesda Oblivion forums.

I do remember a similar type of setup for "The Collector" quest where if you find and sell an Alyeid statue, a collector of such statues sends his man to ask you to visit him where he has an offer regarding selling him more of these statues. They represent quite a pay off as compared to selling the statues to regular vendors.

So when I sold my statue, I had to stand around for about 5 minutes for this person to appear and make the offer. I've read online if you leave suddenly and go to another town, this NPC must travel to that city to find you which can take quite some time (don't ask me how much).

Sorry Atticus but this really does not have much to do with your quest, but if you've not done The Collector, you can find a statue in the ruin right outside the Imperial City sewer (that you leave in the beginning of the game) across the lake.

View PostAtticus, on January 18th 2007, 11:31 AM, said:

"Is that the best you g--OOF!

"I've seen mud crabs who are--OW!"

"Why won't you--OUCH!"

Atticus
Level 10 and climbing....

Level 10 is a very awkward age. :)

#85 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:21 PM

Shimmering Isles Expansion Pack BUG-

It's real as of 04/17/2007. Read about it at UESP Wiki.net and about the beta patch at Elder Scrolls Download.com page. This bug effects Shivering Isle or classic Oblivion game play. And I just bought Shimmering Isles.  :blink: I don't think the Xbox 360 patch is out yet.

I'm installing the beta patch tonight and will notify of any problems I encounter.

More info from Elder Scrolls Download.com page:
1. Known Issues and Troubleshooting
Uninstalling Shivering Isles:
Uninstalling Shivering Isles removes many files that are required by Oblivion to play. To play Oblivion after uninstalling Shivering Isles, you must first uninstall and reinstall Oblivion to properly replace the needed files. (This may require reinstallation of mods)

Installation Issue
If you repeatedly uninstall and re-install Oblivion, certain systems will display an error message if you try to uninstall Oblivion again. To fix this, put your Oblivion disk in and run setup.exe. This will clear up the error and you can uninstall and reinstall the game.

#86 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:17 AM

Added Bugs! Section and description of Oblivion Animation Bug which normally occurs after 200 hours of game play.

#87 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:07 AM

Added Quiet Feet Mode to FAQ:
new- Quiet Feet Mod.
Not related to "Happy Feet". Gloops describes why you might need this mod:
For the most part ES IV runs pretty well on my 2 Ghz iMac - I average about 25 fps with the default 'high' setting at 800x600 (riding fast accross country gives a bit of stutter), but for some reason animals send my fps into a crawl. I can fight a crowd of bad guys with no lag, but I passed a flock of three or four sheep and my framerate dropped to about 5 fps until they were out of sight. I noticed something similar when I encountered a bunch of rats at the beginning. What is it with the animal ai? Are sheep more brainy than the human NPCs?!

Solution: I found a cause for this, and a solution in the form of the Quiet Feet mod. Apparently the way the game calculates the sound for creatures is different to NPCs and onboard sound cards can't cope (so all Macs basically). The solution is a little radical in that it removes all the creature feet sounds, which doesn't really matter for mountain lions or sheep, but it makes your horse sound like he's wearing fluffy slippers. But it stops the stuttering.

#88 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 09:58 AM

bump

#89 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 04:29 PM

Added info on two new mods:
new- Lost Paladins of the Divines- Buy the Lost Paladin of the Divines ook at the Imperial City market to start your search for the relics tat make up the Heaven's Wrath and Heaven's Fury armor sets. Four new monsters present challenges. (published in PCGamer Jan08)

new- The Lost Spires- A new archaeology guild is the start of 15 hours of adventures. Involves Warlocks, 10 locations in Cryodill, deep dngeons and an Ayleid labyrinth. (published in PCGamer Jan08)

#90 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 08:29 AM

bump