10-10- Added Daedric Helmet section.

#22 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:47 PM

That luck section was really helpful, thanks! This should be stickied.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#23 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:10 PM

My pleasure! :D

I also added a small blurb on book reading. Some books will train you.

#24 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:12 AM

10/13- Updated potion ingredient list and note about infamous characters using church alters to cure disease. (See Vampire section.)

#25 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 06:53 AM

10/17- Updated info on Horses, added Summon DoppleGanger mod, Umbra Sword Quest walkthrough (specific quest info) and updated section on Console cheats.

#26 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 07:20 AM

10/26- Thanks to Tomotocow and Askilfeasd, I have added section on Sneaking plus 2 new mods listed: Call Steed and Saddlebags, 2 mods for your horse.

#27 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:15 PM

View PostHuntn, on October 26th 2006, 08:20 AM, said:

10/26- Thanks to Tomotocow and Askilfeasd, I have added section on Sneaking plus 2 new mods listed: Call Steed and Saddlebags, 2 mods for your horse.

Ahah! Even though my name is harder to spell, he got mine right! Take that "Tomoto".  :cool:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#28 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17381 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:34 PM

::tBC starts singing:: Ohhhh I say "tomato" you say "tomoto", I say "potato" you say "pototo"...  I say "Axle Feed" you say "Askilfeasd".
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#29 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 02:41 PM

Just curious, how do you think you pronounce "Askilfeasd"? Because I never have tried to pronounce it myself.

#30 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:45 PM

Ass-kill-fees-'d.

#31 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 01 November 2006 - 12:32 AM

I wouldn't pronounce it like that (I would do as Tesseract), but I could offer some "Ask-aisle-fee-asd". :cool:

(I wonder how long it takes until tBC is sick of that smiley since everybody uses it in excess... ;) )

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#32 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:55 AM

View PostAskilfeasd, on October 31st 2006, 02:41 PM, said:

Just curious, how do you think you pronounce "Askilfeasd"? Because I never have tried to pronounce it myself.

The traditional pronunciation Askil-feas, "d" is silent.

#33 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:08 AM

There is a traditional pronunciation?! Wow, to think scrambling the keyboard 7 years ago would have a traditional pronunciation.

#34 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 11:36 AM

View PostAskilfeasd, on November 1st 2006, 11:08 AM, said:

There is a traditional pronunciation?! Wow, to think scrambling the keyboard 7 years ago would have a traditional pronunciation.

;)

11/1- Hope you had a happy Halloween! Did you know Halloween comes from a Keltic Pagan tradtion? :) Anyway I added a combat tip under the Combat Section.

#35 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:22 PM

11/3- Update on Horses and on the mods Saddle Bags and Call Steed. Includes conflict info between these mods and the official Oblivion Horse Armor plugin.

#36 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 07:41 AM

Added Consol Command Tutorial  and Horse link at UESP.net wiki.

#37 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 02:31 PM

11/10- Update:

Added Consol Command Tutorial  and Horse link at UESP.net wiki. How to rename your horse is on the second link.

Under horses also added a blurb on how to remove your armored horse if your having conflicts with other mods, how to restore it, and how to set ownership.

#38 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:18 AM

Wow, thats quite an impressive guide you've written up there. Did you write all of that, or copy and paste parts of it.
The official Inside Mac Games forum Space Pirate Killer.

#39 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:04 AM

View PostSpace_Pirate_Killer, on November 14th 2006, 02:18 AM, said:

Wow, thats quite an impressive guide you've written up there. Did you write all of that, or copy and paste parts of it.

70% I wrote, 30% copy & paste with references. As an active Oblivion player, I'm including all of the important stuff that I've been exposed to for getting the most out of the game.

If a game has many features, I usually create this kind of a one source document so when I forget how do do something or where I got it, I use the FAQ as a reference.

The single most devestating cheats effecting game play are the consol commands. I use them on a limited basis, otherwise why bother playing the game?

Maybe I'm rationalizing, but I use the add gold cheat on a regular basis using the following method. I've found that the Oblivion gates are treaser troves of loot. As a high 20s level character I typically found 25,000 gold worth of loot in one gate (I'm now level 30).  However vendors will only play you a portion of it's value. Some vendors will only pay a maximum of 800 gold per high value item and some only 400 gold per item.  After I clear a gate and just before I close it (which ejects you back into the normal countryside), I could spend an hour lugging out each individual piece and dragging it to the nearest vendor, which can be quite a distance. Instead I keep track of the loot as I find it, keep any important weapons or armor I want to use, and then I add it up using the vendor's redemption rate and use the "player.additem f 16000" command to give myself 16000 gold, which is what the vendor would have given me for the 25000 haul. In this way I've removed a repetitive and laborious aspect of the game and still feel like I've earned it. Am I deluding myself? :)

#40 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:38 AM

I stopped bothering with loot after I reached my upper 20s levels and consistently had 60,000+ gold for whatever reason. I like to close my Oblivion gates in under 3 minutes. :nods: