#21 Prometheus

Prometheus

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 01:49 PM

View PostWhiteSavage, on May 4th 2006, 01:49 PM, said:

I love it. Perfect game to play while waiting around for something.
for something...
what to happen in the game?
its a pretty low quality game in my opinion.  sorry...

whats with all the australians?
I <3 RJ

#22 Mr.PreacherMan

Mr.PreacherMan

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:10 AM

So low quality in what respect, Prometheus? I'm curious because it seems pretty polished to me.

Tons of artwork, a fantastic soundtrack, lots of "fluff" (the funny item descriptions, the contacts and the mission logs, etc...) and an obscene number of upgrade options. To me, that seems like pretty high-quality stuff.

The only thing I can think of is that you didn't like the gameplay? Too repepetive, perhaps?

Well, it's very clearly stuck in its genre, I won't argue. I think it does that genre very well, however and that's exactly what I was looking for.

Currently on my third time through with 2 graviton cannons and a tsunami generator up front, an autotrack in back, flea circus missiles and cauldron bombs. Everything maxed, except for engines and wing geometry (which I keep low because the controls get too twitchy). Still looking forward to getting additional controller sets with 3 maxed gravitons and 3 maxed tsumani generators

#23 Skeeter

Skeeter

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:53 AM

Best darn shoot 'em up I've played in ages. Two thumbs up here.

#24 I_likeup

I_likeup

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 01:29 PM

AWESOME GAME! :D I want the full version! :lol:

#25 George the Flea

George the Flea

IMG Comma Junkie

• IMG Writers
  • 680 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:58 PM

And lo, the IMG review section spoke from on high, saying unto the masses, "Jets'n'Guns is teh shizzbomb, yo."

In other words, there's now an IMG review of Jets'n'Guns, including a truly ridiculous video review.  Check it out.
Ian
IMG Flunky

Me + web = Beckism.com | Tagamac | One Crayon

#26 Cyclonite

Cyclonite

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 12:27 AM

Ha ha I just watched the video review.  But seriously the demo is pretty damn cool and was most impressed that it worked flawlessy with my gamepad without me having to make any adjustments.

In summary this game kicks Ass

#27 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 12:09 PM

Does anyone else have a problem that it keeps forcing my ship into the upper corner of the screen? Otherwise a great game!
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#28 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 03:36 PM

View PostAskilfeasd, on May 23rd 2006, 02:09 PM, said:

Does anyone else have a problem that it keeps forcing my ship into the upper corner of the screen? Otherwise a great game!

No, first I've heard of this.
Are you using a gamepad or the keyboard?

#29 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:31 AM

yeah i get that everyonce in a while... I just restart the game or something, and eventually its all back to normal.

also with a gamepad, fiddle around with the deadzone, so that it doesnt go skitz for no real reason.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#30 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:18 AM

I am using a keyboard, Standard Apple White.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#31 Mr.PreacherMan

Mr.PreacherMan

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:57 AM

View PostAskilfeasd, on May 23rd 2006, 02:09 PM, said:

I get that only when using my gamepad. It only happens when I first start up the game and it goes away after about 15-20 seconds.

Sure, those first 15 - 20 seconds can suck but it stops soon enough for me.

#32 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 07:03 PM

Is there an actual end to the game? I beat it quite a few times now in hopes that, at one point, I won't be sent back to the past. Hasn't happened yet.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.