The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:45 AM

Maybe you should look at these threads…

CoD 2 issues, list them here, and CoD 2 and Leopard.

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#82 Zummouti

Zummouti

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:05 AM

View PostThe Liberator, on April 30th 2009, 06:45 AM, said:

Maybe you should look at these threads…

Thanks L

I'd missed those threads.

COD 2 will be the last ported game that I'll be buying. It's bootcamp and Windows for all my gaming from now on. To quote my favorite band "I'll get on my knees and pray. We don't get fooled again"

#83 The Liberator

The Liberator

Liberate Tutemet Ex Infernis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3707 posts
  • Steam Name:Meriones

Posted 01 May 2009 - 06:40 AM

Do not lose faith in Mac gaming, Feral are good porters and it is a pity that Leopard has been breaking games that have been running fine.

Liberator.

iMac: 2.8GHz i7 | 16GB RAM | 10.10.5 | ATI Radeon HD 4850M | 512MB VRAM

Custom: 3.4 GHz i5 | 16GB RAM | Win 7 SP 1 | nVidia GeForce GTX 660 OCII | 2GB VRAM

We hang in D.C. with them CIA killers

Baraka Flacka Flames - Head of the State

#84 DBSor

DBSor

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:29 AM

View Postteflon, on April 29th 2009, 12:49 PM, said:

yup, its only months after its been two whole months, or 8 weeks maximum.
Of course, since this isnt really an official channel, an official press release, and doesnt have a firm date attached to it, these things are quite likely to slip.

Anyway, its been 3 years since the first intel machine came out. Unless youre moving to the desert or arctic circle, or are  in a life or death bet that you have to complete CoD1 and CoD:UO in the next 5 days at maximum resolution and detail whilst only dying 3 times, Im sure that another month or two wait wouldnt hurt you.
I must apologize, I did not unsderstand the real meaning of this sentence as in French, when we talk about weeks, it is often less than a month, or we talk about one or two months... Sorry again.
No, I do not move to the desert or arctic circle, and I bougth my first intel only one year ago, and since I installed CoD-UO on the MacPro, I am disappointed. Playing UO on the G5 was very fun and I would like to have the same feelings on the MacPro, is it really a strange request ? I play CoD4 on the MacPro but it is not the same. I (and many other members of the iClan, players on mac exclusively) are waiting for this patch, I just would like to know if it will be available in May or not, so we can organize our future UO evenings on our servers, that's all, but inded, you are right, we can still wait another month or two, it won't hurt us ... as my Kar98k does ;)
Free software for Call of Duty / United Offensive / Call of Duty 2 /Call of Duty 4: iClanASC
iClan member: CoD4-UO / UT (iClan|DBSor)

#85 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

No, no, its my fault, I was messing about really. But the main point that things are likely to slip in this case stands. In the main its because its a side project for Brad, so that if the Q&A comes back with some bugs it would take a while for him to get round to fixing them and sending it back off to Q&A, so the cycle continues.

Its just a "when its done" situation, but hopefully itll come sooner rather than later.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#86 DBSor

DBSor

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 03:48 PM

No problem, thank you for the explanation.
Few months ago, we had no hope for that patch so the Brad Hole gave us a good reason to wait. Furthermore, recent Apple update must have changed some priorities of Aspyr developpers...
Free software for Call of Duty / United Offensive / Call of Duty 2 /Call of Duty 4: iClanASC
iClan member: CoD4-UO / UT (iClan|DBSor)

#87 Brad Oliver

Brad Oliver

Awesome Developer Dude Guy

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1692 posts
  • Steam Name:hoserama99
  • Steam ID:hoserama99
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:15 PM

View Postteflon, on May 3rd 2009, 09:51 AM, said:

But the main point that things are likely to slip in this case stands. In the main its because its a side project for Brad, so that if the Q&A comes back with some bugs it would take a while for him to get round to fixing them and sending it back off to Q&A, so the cycle continues.

Its just a "when its done" situation, but hopefully itll come sooner rather than later.

You've hit it exactly. Our QA guys found some issues with UO - notably some issues that have existed for a long time with random oddball script errors - and so we're taking some time to fix those once and for all. If you ever played the first British bomber/gunner airplane mission and received a game-ending script error about a "dead entity", you'll know exactly what I mean. There was a whole thread about those issues on this forum a few years back which I'm too lazy to link to right now. ;)
Brad Oliver
bradman at pobox dot com

#88 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:57 AM

View PostBrad Oliver, on May 21st 2009, 12:15 AM, said:

You've hit it exactly. Our QA guys found some issues with UO - notably some issues that have existed for a long time with random oddball script errors - and so we're taking some time to fix those once and for all. If you ever played the first British bomber/gunner airplane mission and received a game-ending script error about a "dead entity", you'll know exactly what I mean. There was a whole thread about those issues on this forum a few years back which I'm too lazy to link to right now. ;)

I remember playing that several times until I would let me past! I thought it was a bug in the core program and couldn't be fixed. It will be great to play that bit without having to wonder if you'll need to repeating it.
Mac Pro 09 (now a 5.1, 2 x 3.06GHz Xeon X5675, 24GB, RX580 8GB, 480SSD, 16TB HD, MacOS 10.13.1

#89 iomatic

iomatic

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

Thanks to you guys for at least trying! Really grateful to see this out soon, but I'm not sure if it will fix my constant 3-8fps nosedive...? Even after 10.4.7. Must be the latest MacBook Air/external monitor (ACD 23", no USB attached) or something, because it never occurred with the old MBP (second generation). Blah. Hope it fixes that too (and happened with CoD 4 when I had it installed too)... got to be real unusable...

Just frustratingly quit out of CoD:UO again because of that dang log_level spike. Argh.

#90 Brad Oliver

Brad Oliver

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1692 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

View Postiomatic, on May 23rd 2009, 05:01 PM, said:

Just frustratingly quit out of CoD:UO again because of that dang log_level spike. Argh.

Do me a favor: play UO and when you notice that spike, quit. Then go into /Applications/Utilities/Console and take a look at system.log and see if there are oddball entries in there about Nvidia graphics driver exceptions or something similar around the same time as you were playing.
Brad Oliver
bradman at pobox dot com

#91 iomatic

iomatic

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:23 PM

View PostBrad Oliver, on May 28th 2009, 10:01 AM, said:

Do me a favor: play UO and when you notice that spike, quit. Then go into /Applications/Utilities/Console and take a look at system.log and see if there are oddball entries in there about Nvidia graphics driver exceptions or something similar around the same time as you were playing.

Just these last few:
Jun  1 20:14:41 MacBook-Air kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL time to 20000000 (was 21145233)
Jun  1 20:15:09 MacBook-Air kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL time to 20000000 (was 20071775)

#92 Brad Oliver

Brad Oliver

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1692 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

View Postiomatic, on June 1st 2009, 08:23 PM, said:

Just these last few:
Jun  1 20:14:41 MacBook-Air kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL time to 20000000 (was 21145233)
Jun  1 20:15:09 MacBook-Air kernel[0]: IOHIDSystem::relativePointerEventGated: Capping VBL time to 20000000 (was 20071775)

Huh, that's weird. I'd expect a game that's pegging log_level to actually be logging stuff. It looks like you've got nothing going on, log-wise.
Brad Oliver
bradman at pobox dot com

#93 iomatic

iomatic

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:15 PM

View PostBrad Oliver, on June 1st 2009, 09:13 PM, said:

Huh, that's weird. I'd expect a game that's pegging log_level to actually be logging stuff. It looks like you've got nothing going on, log-wise.

It's so lame. I wish I could figure it out. Maybe it's just this machine.
Any way to figure out what application could be causing this?

#94 Brad Oliver

Brad Oliver

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1692 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

View Postiomatic, on June 2nd 2009, 06:15 PM, said:

It's so lame. I wish I could figure it out. Maybe it's just this machine.
Any way to figure out what application could be causing this?

Are you seeing this via top in the Terminal or something similar? About all I could suggest is running CoD UO in a window then switch to Activity Monitor and see if you can see which app spawned the log_level process via the "All Processes, Hierarchically" menu in the toolbar in Activity Monitor.
Brad Oliver
bradman at pobox dot com

#95 iomatic

iomatic

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 06:50 PM

it's using the hotkernel.pl script available online. Unfortunately, Activity Monitor only shows kernel_task jetting up to 1GB+ usage. Ugh.

I don't know if it's hardware, software, Bluetooth or what.

I loved it for travel, but I'm dumping it.

#96 iomatic

iomatic

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:32 AM

Yeah. Dumped the MB Air. New MBP 13" 56 fps.