95 replies to this topic

#1 Stecchino

Stecchino

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 09:33 AM

Per the Aspyr March newsletter, Call of Duty was among "the games most likely to have Universal updates."  I assume that means there will be a United Offensive universal patch as well (at least I hope so because when I play multiplayer, that's all I play).

Don't suppose anyone has any other info on the status of these patches?

#2 iRolley

iRolley

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:26 AM

View PostStecchino, on April 13th 2006, 09:33 AM, said:

Per the Aspyr March newsletter, Call of Duty was among "the games most likely to have Universal updates."  I assume that means there will be a United Offensive universal patch as well (at least I hope so because when I play multiplayer, that's all I play).

I have no info on whether or not it will be patched. Hopefully it will though, because although the first mission was pretty smooth in Rosetta mode, the performance crawled when then was too much action.

#3 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 13 April 2006 - 07:23 PM

Even in the original SP campaign, levels like Pavlov's House became almost unplayably slow part way through on lower-end (though above minimum spec) Macs. So I guess that would be a problem in Rosetta too.

#4 iRolley

iRolley

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 10:46 PM

View PostTesseract, on April 13th 2006, 07:23 PM, said:

Even in the original SP campaign, levels like Pavlov's House became almost unplayably slow part way through on lower-end (though above minimum spec) Macs. So I guess that would be a problem in Rosetta too.

Pavlov's house... hum I don't remember that level, is it the one after the trenches where you need to hold the house for a certain amount of time ?

In the second mission also, when you need to hold the line against tanks and infantry, can be pretty rough on performance.

#5 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 11:21 PM

View PostiRolley, on April 14th 2006, 02:46 PM, said:

Pavlov's house... hum I don't remember that level, is it the one after the trenches where you need to hold the house for a certain amount of time?
Yeah, that's the one; mp_pavlov is based on it.

#6 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 03:21 AM

http://en.wikipedia....lov's_House

:happy:

#7 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 10:39 AM

What a dump.  You'd think that the guy who taught dogs to slobber would have brought down more bucks.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#8 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:52 PM

Didn't the whole battle start when he served an eviction notice on the ╬ squatters?

#9 Shagz

Shagz

Heroic

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 07:01 PM

Back to the topic at hand....I would think that if they were going to "Universalize" CoD, then United Offense would be a natural thing (probably all the same patch).  I just hope it moves from "most likely" to "yes, absolutely!"  :D
Sometimes I go into my own little world,
       but that's OK....they know me there!

#10 Stecchino

Stecchino

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 07:45 AM

Roger that.

#11 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 08:42 AM

they can fix the bug where a number of missions have funky disco lights too...

I figured out that its on the last 2 revs of ibook, so Radeons 9200 and 9550, with 32 mb of RAM installed, and that all you got to do to get rid of it is to turn colour depth down to 16-bit... silly, but its kinda fun when you first see it :)
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#12 mrnintendoguy

mrnintendoguy

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:43 PM

The game itself runs ok, though, I don't know if this is just me, but there seems to be a lot of lag (network lag) when playing online. I get better pings on a 800mhz Powerbook.

Is that Rosetta? Its does this with ET also.

Anyone else have this problem?

#13 Stecchino

Stecchino

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 April 2006 - 10:58 PM

I haven't noticed any extra lag or higher pings with Rosetta.  I did have to turn down the resolution and graphics quite a bit to make it smooth and playable, however.  I can only imagine how good this game will look with a UB patch.  Mmm, mmm, mmm, delicioso!

#14 Stecchino

Stecchino

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:25 AM

View PostStecchino, on April 13th 2006, 10:33 AM, said:

I received the May newsletter this afternoon and there was still no mention of the patches.    :mellow:

Anyone heard any other news?

#15 Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:18 PM

View Postmrnintendoguy, on April 15th 2006, 09:43 PM, said:

The game itself runs ok, though, I don't know if this is just me, but there seems to be a lot of lag (network lag) when playing online. I get better pings on a 800mhz Powerbook.

Is that Rosetta? Its does this with ET also.

Anyone else have this problem?

yah i notice this too.

#16 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 02:49 PM

We've been working on the COD/UO universal patches, but things have been held up because I've had to shuffle resources a bit to other projects (like Civ 4).  As soon as some programming time frees up we'll get back to them, along with RCT3.

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#17 Stecchino

Stecchino

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 May 2006 - 07:04 PM

Thanks so much for the info, Glenda.  Even if it were bad news (no patches planned), you would've made my day just by simply knowing what to expect.  But this, oh, this is very much appreciated!

#18 Shadowspirit6

Shadowspirit6

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 10:02 PM

View PostStecchino, on April 15th 2006, 11:58 PM, said:

I haven't noticed any extra lag or higher pings with Rosetta.  I did have to turn down the resolution and graphics quite a bit to make it smooth and playable, however.  I can only imagine how good this game will look with a UB patch.  Mmm, mmm, mmm, delicioso!

yeah cod in rosetta seems like it is a binary ( when i play mp, i basically get no lag and my ping is "considered normal"...but yeah, i would like to see how it would run on a ub..mmmmm oreos..=p

#19 iomatic

iomatic

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:54 PM

Glenda!!!

Please fix the 80+maps in the /App. Support/UO folder too!!!!

Thanks!!!

!!!

Exclamation points rule!!!

#20 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:46 AM

Sorry no updates on COD/UO patches right now.  They've had to be shelved while we do some other more recent games (COD2, Quake3, etc).  Once we get through this current set of patches we'll try to see if we can bring back COD1.

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software