#21 Tomatocow

Tomatocow

King of the Cows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2377 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:38 PM

View PostTomatocow, on April 20th 2006, 06:55 PM, said:

How about [Edit - knock it off or I'm having Kobe steak for dinner tonight! - tBC]

I'll get you one day, you just wait!

Yesterday I went to the store and bought Star Wars : Empire at War. Before I did I was browsing through titles and was deciding what to buy. I based my selection on games that were likely to take a while to come to the Mac, or games that might not get ported at all. They had Call of Duty 2 and such, but since I knew those would be coming to the Mac soon, I held off to get the Mac version. Honestly speaking I'd much rather play games on the Mac, but I'm doing all this out of a desire to play more games.

#22 Space_Pirate_Killer

Space_Pirate_Killer

above n00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2270 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:29 PM

So far I've played the full version of Oblivion, Warcraft III and Pharoah on this intel iMac, and there haven't been any issues, except that Oblivion has crashed to the desktop a few times, which is the game's fault, not the computer's or the OS's. I've also played the Rome: Total War demo, SWAT 4, and Tiberian Sun demos, all of which run great.

As for running windows, you barely have to deal with it, the only things I've done apart from running games on Windows is running Firefox to download the demos. :)
The official Inside Mac Games forum Space Pirate Killer.

#23 Lord Brixton

Lord Brixton

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1629 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 04:01 AM

View PostSpace_Pirate_Killer, on April 22nd 2006, 03:29 AM, said:

As for running windows, you barely have to deal with it, the only things I've done apart from running games on Windows is running Firefox to download the demos. :)

I've just DL'ed the XP demos using Safari & then dragged them over to the Windows partition (it's fairly trivial to drill down to your desktop once & then make an alias of it somewhere convenient.

That way you spend the bare minimum of time (and zero online time) in the alien OS!

Tower MacPro 2x2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon / 4gb RAM / Radeon X1900 XT 512 / 20" Cinema Display.
MacBook Pro 1.8 gHz Core Duo  / 1gb RAM / Radeon mobility X1600 128 / 15" LCD
PowerBook G4 1x1.67ghz / 1gb RAM / Radeon mobility 9700 128 / 15" LCD

723rd kicks wussy Nar butt!

Posted Image

#24 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 04:12 AM

View PostLord Brixton, on April 22nd 2006, 05:01 AM, said:

..time in the alien OS!
Just think of it like a Marathon EVA level, sans armor... or oxygen.

You can breathe vacuum, right? :)

#25 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 April 2006 - 03:33 PM

View PostLord Brixton, on April 22nd 2006, 05:01 AM, said:

I've just DL'ed the XP demos using Safari & then dragged them over to the Windows partition (it's fairly trivial to drill down to your desktop once & then make an alias of it somewhere convenient.

That way you spend the bare minimum of time (and zero online time) in the alien OS!

I'm wondering if when using WinXP on an IntelMac, if you can see, access, and run downloaded .exe files located on the Mac partition without having to drag them over to the Windows partition?

-Hunt'n

#26 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:16 PM

View PostHuntn, on April 24th 2006, 02:33 PM, said:

I'm wondering if when using WinXP on an IntelMac, if you can see, access, and run downloaded .exe files located on the Mac partition without having to drag them over to the Windows partition?

If you have a filesystem driver for HFS+, sure.

#27 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:46 PM

View Postbobbob, on April 24th 2006, 05:16 PM, said:

If you have a filesystem driver for HFS+, sure.

And...do they exist for WXP?

#28 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:22 PM

View PostHuntn, on April 24th 2006, 08:46 PM, said:

And...do they exist for WXP?

Yeah, and they've been mentioned here before when the topic has come up. Google's first result for 'windows hfs+' gives you MacDisk, but I vaguely remember a couple others.

#29 PeopleLikeFrank

PeopleLikeFrank

Uberspewer

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 10:32 PM

I use MacDisk on a PC for external Mac drives and iPods - it works well, though sometimes Windows crashes if I have the Mac drives connected when I boot up, so I suppose your mileage may vary. It's not free, but does the job nicely.
The dork formerly known as nobody
---
MBP: C2D @ 2.66 Ghz | GeForce 9600M GT 256Mb | 8GB RAM | 120GB SSD + 500GB HD | 10.6.2 / W7 x64
PC: Q9550 | 6950 2GB | 8GB RAM | 80GB SSD + 750GB HD | W7 x64

#30 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • 4074 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:41 AM

View Postbobbob, on April 24th 2006, 11:22 PM, said:

Yeah, and they've been mentioned here before when the topic has come up. Google's first result for 'windows hfs+' gives you MacDisk, but I vaguely remember a couple others.

Thanks bobbob and nobody for the info! MacDisk for Windows
-Hunt'n