No replies to this topic

#1 IMG News

IMG News

Pimpbot 4000

• IMG Writers
  • 8622 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

A new review of the Civilization III Complete game anthology is now available from Applelinks. CIII:C includes the original game and its two expansion packs: Conquests and Play the World. Applelinks gave the collection an impressive 5 out of 5.

From the review:

Conquests, a series of scenarios that focus on historical conflicts, is included in the game. Focusing primarily on army-building and warfare (like, say, Age of Empires), it works well for those who view history from the POV of armed conflict. Personally, I prefer using economic strong-arm tactics to keep everyone in line (and avoid costly wars), but that's just me.

The real draw of C3C then, is Play the World, which allows you to go head-to-head with other Mac players (strangely, there is no cross-platform support) in hotseat or play-by-email mode. I'm reminded of the board game Axis and Allies: games that could take entire weekends or longer. I'm not saying it's not totally worth it, I'm just saying it takes a honking long time to play a game. You know the frustration that sets in at the end of the game, while you wait forever for the computer to make up its mind about what moves to make? Imagine that with six other humans.
For the full review follow the link below.
Return to Full Article - InsideMacGames News