#21 Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

View PostHuntn, on March 7th 2006, 03:01 PM, said:

Keep your fingers crossed they don't adopt some $%#!!ing technology that hinders a Mac port.

:::stares angrily at his copy of halo:::

#22 SilentBobCDN

SilentBobCDN

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:35 AM

Um.. not bashing this at all. but the video is quite old. I remember seeing it a long time ago.  

That being said. i cant wait :D

#23 Siriusfox

Siriusfox

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Steam Name:opensiriusfox

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:16 PM

Wiki is saying that it's due in October. I'm seeing the chances of a Dual release just slipping away, if they aren't already gone. :(

I just hope we can get Aspyr in there soon afterwards to get it out as close behind as possible.
20'' iMac Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 10.6.5, 2GB RAM, 256MB ATI X1600

"Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog." -Doug Larson

#24 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3895 posts
  • Steam Name:DaveyJJ
  • Location:Inside Bastet's secret temple preparing for the catpocalypse.

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:51 PM

View PostSiriusfox, on March 22nd 2006, 10:16 PM, said:

Wiki is saying that it's due in October. I'm seeing the chances of a Dual release just slipping away, if they aren't already gone. :(

I just hope we can get Aspyr in there soon afterwards to get it out as close behind as possible.

I wonder how long those of us who will be dual booting in XP on our Intel Macs (with full X1600 drivers by then) will wait for this one to be announced? Some have said a year, other say 6 months. Let's see.  :huh:

Raven 27" i3 iMac 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1TB HD | 512MB 5670 ATI Radeon HD
Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"Not my circus, not my monkeys." -- Polish folk saying
"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#25 Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 10:50 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on March 22nd 2006, 07:51 PM, said:

I wonder how long those of us who will be dual booting in XP on our Intel Macs (with full X1600 drivers by then) will wait for this one to be announced? Some have said a year, other say 6 months. Let's see.  :huh:

by the way onmac.net site is down.. could this mean they are updating it so that we can download the x1600 driver? i sure hope so.

#26 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 05:58 AM

View PostLemon Lime, on March 22nd 2006, 11:50 PM, said:

by the way onmac.net site is down.. could this mean they are updating it so that we can download the x1600 driver? i sure hope so.

Hmm. It was down for a while last night, then reappeared for several hours in the evening (EST, I was editing the Wiki), and is now gone again. Weird. Traffic? Hacking? Who knows.

Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

"In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this." -- Terry Pratchett
"I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul." -- Jean Cocteau

#27 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:12 AM

for the whole internet thing, its just going to be downloading content from a server. and im guessing that its far more dynamic and varied than in simcity4. anyway, at worst itll just mean that theres a mac only implementation, which youll barely even notice as being any different from the PC implementation.
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#28 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 24 March 2006 - 02:55 PM

View PostDaveyJJ, on March 22nd 2006, 09:51 PM, said:

I wonder how long those of us who will be dual booting in XP on our Intel Macs.....

You certainly are an optimist...  :)

-Hunt'n

#29 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 06:19 PM

View PostHuntn, on March 24th 2006, 03:55 PM, said:

You certainly are an optimist...  :)

Huh? I am dual booting already and know (from sources) that a fix for the X1600 video driver issue is close at hand. So soon enough for some games that have never made it to the Mac. Otherwise, you lost me.  ;)

Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

#30 hambone

hambone

Legendary

• IMG Writers
  • 890 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 01:09 PM

hey gents,

a small taste of the Spore's evolutionary gameplay can be found in a neat Flash game called "Flow". you start as a three-celled creature floating around in a pond and slowly grow and evolve by eating other creatures and diving ever deeper into the pond.

i found the game relaxing without being boring, and the gameplay just sort of gradually emerges without there being any obvious complexity on the surface. it also has a nice aesthetic austerity, with calm music and clean, simple graphics that intuitively communicate form and function. its worth a quick look if for no other reason than it reflects the "new values" that are emerging in game design theory that the industry is going to shift to simple, pick-up-and-play games designed for mass-market appeal. this is the whole premise of the new Nintendo Revolution console for example, and a lot of big companies are starting to wake up to the potential of games that are cheaper to produce and break from the "Yet Another Madden Sequel" syndrome.

#31 Skyfox

Skyfox

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 02:49 AM

View Posthambone, on March 25th 2006, 11:09 AM, said:

hey gents,

a small taste of the Spore's evolutionary gameplay can be found in a neat Flash game called "Flow". you start as a three-celled creature floating around in a pond and slowly grow and evolve by eating other creatures and diving ever deeper into the pond.

i found the game relaxing without being boring, and the gameplay just sort of gradually emerges without there being any obvious complexity on the surface. it also has a nice aesthetic austerity, with calm music and clean, simple graphics that intuitively communicate form and function. its worth a quick look if for no other reason than it reflects the "new values" that are emerging in game design theory that the industry is going to shift to simple, pick-up-and-play games designed for mass-market appeal. this is the whole premise of the new Nintendo Revolution console for example, and a lot of big companies are starting to wake up to the potential of games that are cheaper to produce and break from the "Yet Another Madden Sequel" syndrome.

I wish it would save where I was at... But yeah, cool game. A little slow at first.

#32 DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

All hail Bastet

• Members
  • 3895 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 05:59 AM

View Posthambone, on March 25th 2006, 02:09 PM, said:

hey gents,

Agreed. Cool little relaxing "game."

Crow iPad 2 | 32GB WiFi

#33 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17376 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 09:31 AM

View Posthambone, on March 25th 2006, 11:09 AM, said:

hey gents,

Hey cool.  Now when Duke asks, I can say, "Yes!"
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#34 placy

placy

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:23 PM

Here are  a couple of Spore videos for E3 2006:

http://1up.com/do/download?cId=3138791

This last video includes scenes from another Mario game (the first 1/4th),
Sin Episode 1 (2nd 1/4), some Nintendo game (3rd 1/4) and an interview
with Wright on about the last fourth of it with some Spore footage.

#35 DemiGodRob

DemiGodRob

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:07 PM

check out this new gaming coming.  its looks really sweet.

official site of game
http://www.spore.com/

long video of the game - it gets cooler and cooler as it goes on.  watch it from start to finish.
http://www.wimp.com/spore/]http://www.wimp.com/spore/

#36 Infinity

Infinity

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:44 AM

Old news.

#37 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:16 AM

Looks promising.

i think spore is going to be one of those games where if excecuted properly it will "Kick Ass" but if not it will "fail Miserably"

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#38 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:19 AM

View PostInfinity, on May 9th 2006, 03:44 AM, said:

Old news.
Being a newbie, I will be kind. I suggest you learn some forum etiquette and keep such comments nonexistent. Irregardless how old any news is, when people want to post about it, and bring it up, they should be allowed without scrutiny.

The only exception to this rule we try to observe here, is avoiding posting the exact same news at the same point in time over and over in multiple threads.

This may be old news, but it is however new to the person who posted it, and doesn't really need to have their face rubbed in their doings by others. A more tactful approach, if one is so adamant of doing so, is to reinforce their enthusiasm, but also quote some links to other posts of the same topic.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#39 DemiGodRob

DemiGodRob

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:02 AM

it was new to me.  and i didnt see anything here about it when i was searching around for it.

View Postaussiemacgamer, on May 9th 2006, 04:16 AM, said:

Looks promising.

i think spore is going to be one of those games where if excecuted properly it will "Kick Ass" but if not it will "fail Miserably"

one of the guys here said the same thing.  it looks cool, and may be for the first couple times it is played, but then fail.   My only fear is that some parts of the game will be great and we will want more to it, then others will be lacking and to finish the game or continue will drag.

The concept to having your world uploaded to one massive unlimited universe and downloaded and added by all players is very cool.  True multiplayer would be a big plus also.

all and all it looks really cool even if it ends up being a game that is not played as much.  It may be a game that is only booted-up to show other gamers how cool it is. :lol:

#40 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:52 AM

View PostDemiGodRob, on May 9th 2006, 10:02 AM, said:

it was new to me.  and i didnt see anything here about it when i was searching around for it.

Look a few topics below..."Will Wright's SPORE."  Also shows up if you click on "search" and type in "spore."  :)  I'd expect this topic to be merged, but it's certainly a worthy topic.  At the very least, it should make a killer "sandbox" game, where you can just mess around for a while and see what sort of things you can come up with.

--Eric