55 replies to this topic

#41 iChase

iChase

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 07:34 AM

So Glenda, any chance of water reflections in the update, or Soaked?

#42 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

Where or where did the patch go? Supposedly there was only one bug left to be ironed out. That was about three weeks ago. :glare: I suppose it may have been more than that. Oh well. Back to the waiting game.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#43 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:55 PM

Asketh and you shall receiveth, eh? :D

It's just as fun as I imagined it to be. Suffice it to say, I spent some very entertaining hours with the game. Seemed to have a few hiccups at first with a couple of crashes, but, after playing around with the settings a bit, I've had no problems since. :)

Would be nice to have widescreen support, but I suppose I'll have to wait for the expansion pack then.

#44 mrnintendoguy

mrnintendoguy

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:18 PM

The day after I buy it for the pc, this comes out. ERRRG!!

(at least I only wasted 20 bucks, and the time to get bootcamp running...)

#45 theishkid

theishkid

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:32 PM

Now if we could just find out about that expansion pack that mac addict said was coming out in August.

#46 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8075 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:11 PM

View Posttheishkid, on September 11th 2006, 03:32 AM, said:

Now if we could just find out about that expansion pack that mac addict said was coming out in August.
Since it was announced in August, you shouldn't believe MacAddict on this. AFAIK, Soaked was to be released until the end of this year. So maybe you could put it on your wishlist for Santa.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#47 theishkid

theishkid

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 11:49 PM

It wasn't announced in August, it was announced for August in the article... at least that's what I heard a few months ago.

#48 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:56 AM

View Posttheishkid, on September 11th 2006, 07:49 AM, said:

It wasn't announced in August, it was announced for August in the article... at least that's what I heard a few months ago.
That's probably because the guys at MacAddict were looking into their Magic 8-Ball and came up with some crap.

Quote from Glenda Adams - from August 15th:
hurrikenux asks: Is what MacAddict magazine printed about the RCT3 expansion pack soaked true? They claim it to be released this month.

glendaadams says: We definitely won't be releasing a RCT3 expansion this month, but I think we'll have an official announcement soon, and I think there should be much joy for the rollercoaster fans before Christmas.

So it's not even officially announced.

"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#49 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:08 PM

Hm. Seems like I've run into some kind of bug, a graphical glitch. At night time the peeps, rides, and some sets may suddenly change to only black outlines. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it happens frequently enough to be a bother, and I usually have to wait it out until it goes back to normal. I have no such problems during the day.

Is anyone else experiencing this in 10.4.7? I get the feeling that the new drivers may cause this wonkiness as they seem to have done in other games, but I can' say for sure.

#50 atari

atari

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:39 AM

View PostPegasus, on September 11th 2006, 10:08 PM, said:

Hm. Seems like I've run into some kind of bug, a graphical glitch. At night time the peeps, rides, and some sets may suddenly change to only black outlines. I'm not sure what's causing it, but it happens frequently enough to be a bother, and I usually have to wait it out until it goes back to normal. I have no such problems during the day.

Is anyone else experiencing this in 10.4.7? I get the feeling that the new drivers may cause this wonkiness as they seem to have done in other games, but I can' say for sure.

Only gave it a quick whirl,all is peachy so far,no glitches.
27 inch quad beastie ordered :)

#51 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 01:09 PM

Interesting. Well, seems like not all is as well as it seemed to be at first. I get a lot of graphical flickering while in coaster/ride cam now, and there has been no change to my system. The game also likes to crash occasionally. :mellow:

So far this seems to be the buggiest game I've played in years. I'm not sure whether that is due to the original PC version which was pretty renowned for having all sorts of quirks. I wonder whether I ought to try to re-install it, but I doubt it would do me much good.

#52 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:26 PM

View PostPegasus, on September 12th 2006, 12:09 PM, said:

Interesting. Well, seems like not all is as well as it seemed to be at first. I get a lot of graphical flickering while in coaster/ride cam now, and there has been no change to my system. The game also likes to crash occasionally. :mellow:

So far this seems to be the buggiest game I've played in years. I'm not sure whether that is due to the original PC version which was pretty renowned for having all sorts of quirks. I wonder whether I ought to try to re-install it, but I doubt it would do me much good.
Sometimes a re-install does help, especially when you just get weird unexplained problems.  What kind of mac do you have?

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#53 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:31 AM

This is on a 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo iMac, 2GB RAM, 256MB ATI Radeon x1600, OS X 10.4.7. (Quicktime 7.0.4)

I did try a re-install but the flickering persisted as well as the night problem where at times everything turns into a shade of blue or just black silhouettes, which occurs for both coaster cam and the regular cam viewpoint. Creating a new profile didn't help either.

#54 frunobulax

frunobulax

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:36 AM

So what's happening with Railroad Tycoon 3?

When will we have a Universal patch?

So many of my favourite games are just not patched or, even if they are, actually work - RTC3, SimCity4/Rush Hour, Pirates 2, Tropico... :-(
Only VPLtd seem to care!
"At 20 years of age the will reigns, at 30 the wit, at 40 the judgment." - Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790) US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer

#55 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • 8075 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:53 AM

View Postfrunobulax, on July 1st 2007, 02:36 PM, said:

So what's happening with Railroad Tycoon 3?
Wrong thread. This ia about Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 (which should correctly be abbreviated RCT 3 - the thread title is mistyped). Railroad Tycoon 3 is from Macsoft.

#56 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17377 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:43 AM

I changed the title to "RCT3" to help prevent this mistake from happening again in the future.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat