79 replies to this topic

#61 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:22 PM

Univ & Nightlife Xp's are both out of development and in QA, so we're just testing to see if any bugs crop up.  So far they are looking good. Can't give an exact ETA on release, sorry.

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#62 juleyah

juleyah

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:26 PM

View PostGlendaAdams, on May 8th 2006, 08:22 PM, said:

Univ & Nightlife Xp's are both out of development and in QA, so we're just testing to see if any bugs crop up.  So far they are looking good. Can't give an exact ETA on release, sorry.

Glenda

Thanks for the update! *bouncing*  :lol:  Looking forward to the release. Keep up the good work!

#63 gbafan

gbafan

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 12:59 PM

Thank you for the update Glenda.
Advocate for consumer friendly DRM.

#64 juleyah

juleyah

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

Things continue to progress on Mac Universal patches of some of our older games. A Civ® 3 Complete universal patch should be out by the time you read this, along with patches for Sims™ 2 University and Nightlife.

(Above quoted from the May newsletter)

Umm... are they released yet? Because I really can't find them.  :mellow:  :blink:  What's up with that?

#65 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:21 AM

View Postjuleyah, on May 23rd 2006, 03:52 PM, said:

(Above quoted from the May newsletter)

Umm... are they released yet? Because I really can't find them.  :mellow:  :blink:  What's up with that?
We had a slight delay getting some foreign language text translated so we can release English/French/German patches all at once.  But those are supposed to come in today, so both University and Nightlife Universal should be available VERY soon.

We'll also be releasing an updated Sims 2 patch that fixes a bug or two we came across while doing the University/Nightlife work.

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#66 ibecks

ibecks

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:20 AM

Any chance of releasing them in the next, ooh, hour and a half while I've still got net access?!   :blush:

#67 gbafan

gbafan

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:31 PM

Well, happy June everybody! :)

Any status on the status of the expansion packs UB release? ;)

#68 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:51 PM

View Postgbafan, on June 2nd 2006, 11:31 AM, said:

Well, happy June everybody! :)

Any status on the status of the expansion packs UB release? ;)
Sorry this took longer than I thought, but we just released them!  There are patches for University, Nightlife, and a new Sims 2 patch that fixes a couple bugs.  Check 'em out at www.macgamefiles.com!

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#69 DaveG

DaveG

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 04:43 PM

View PostGlendaAdams, on June 2nd 2006, 02:51 PM, said:

Sorry this took longer than I thought, but we just released them!  There are patches for University, Nightlife, and a new Sims 2 patch that fixes a couple bugs.  Check 'em out at www.macgamefiles.com!

Glenda

Glenda,

Please don't apologize.... It's not as if you could wave some magic wand and have things finished as per some schedule. The sooner people realize that programs are written by people and not just sitting on some shelf just waiting to be released by the 'evil developers' the better off we'll all be.  :lol:

Dave

#70 hurrikenux

hurrikenux

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:15 PM

Trust me when I say I understand completely.  But, I spend most of my days ridding spyware and virii off people's pcs, so I see why the masses are the way they are.  They just "want".

#71 gbafan

gbafan

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:11 PM

View PostGlendaAdams, on June 2nd 2006, 11:51 AM, said:

Glenda
Excellent news!  Thanks so much for all the hard work.

#72 juleyah

juleyah

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 11:56 PM

Glenda - thank you SO much!
*applauds* *...and runs away to get all the patches*

#73 juleyah

juleyah

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:18 AM

Just a question... I just got a new computer, and I'm going to install sims 2 on it.

When should I install the patch(es) and which one(s)?

Sims 2 + University + Nightlife then the Nightlife patch? Will I need the Uni patch as well?

*confused* (and no, haven't installed the patches on my old mac - have heard to many horror stories about everything disappearing).

Thankful for all help.

#74 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:59 AM

View Postjuleyah, on June 6th 2006, 09:18 AM, said:

Just a question... I just got a new computer, and I'm going to install sims 2 on it.
When should I install the patch(es) and which one(s)?
Sims 2 + University + Nightlife then the Nightlife patch? Will I need the Uni patch as well?
*confused* (and no, haven't installed the patches on my old mac - have heard to many horror stories about everything disappearing).
Thankful for all help.
You can just install the Sims2+Univ+Nightlife, then the Nightlife patch, it'll take care of everything.  Make sure you have run the game at least once before you install the patch, that lets the OS knows where your Sims 2 application lives.

We haven't been able to reliably track down or reproduce any cases of the patch installer removing any data files.  I think the few reported were cases where someone had a bad installation, or installed the game & then immediately put the patch on without ever running Sims 2.  In that case you might end up with a second Sims 2 folder with just the Universal application and no data folder, which wouldn't work.  The old Sims 2 folder should still be there with all its data.

Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#75 juleyah

juleyah

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:28 AM

View PostGlendaAdams, on June 6th 2006, 07:59 PM, said:

You can just install the Sims2+Univ+Nightlife, then the Nightlife patch, it'll take care of everything.  Make sure you have run the game at least once before you install the patch, that lets the OS knows where your Sims 2 application lives.

We haven't been able to reliably track down or reproduce any cases of the patch installer removing any data files.  I think the few reported were cases where someone had a bad installation, or installed the game & then immediately put the patch on without ever running Sims 2.  In that case you might end up with a second Sims 2 folder with just the Universal application and no data folder, which wouldn't work.  The old Sims 2 folder should still be there with all its data.

Glenda

Thank you so much! :D *off to install and play* And hey, please also let the others (what is, it, 4?) who work at Aspyr know that I think you're all awesome, and I'm really grateful for all the games and patches! Thanks again to you all.

#76 Roderich

Roderich

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 02:31 AM

View PostGlendaAdams, on June 6th 2006, 05:59 PM, said:

Glenda

It just does not work, at least with Nightlife, tried twice now. Update installs, says it is completed, but when starting it says a ressource is missing, please reinstall Sims 2. i have to reinstall Nightlife to get the game running again. 1.25 dp G4. german localisation of Sims 2. And yes i played with the game before installing the update.

Edit: It seems that looking at the sims 2 application (for nightlife, but it is named "the sims2) now the patch IS installed, but Nightlife had to be reinstalled anyway (not replacing the patched application?). If so, the message "please reinstall Sims2" is misleading, as Nightlife has to be reinstalled to be activated in patched form (sorry for my english).

#77 martyjay75

martyjay75

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:30 AM

Whenever my Sims get ready for a birthday, the game prompts you to set up a party and buy a birthday cake.  I know how to throw the party, but I can't find where to buy the cake.  Is it in the buy mode menu?  Or do you have to go to one of the community lots to purchase it?  If so, which lot?

Thanks,

Marty

#78 juleyah

juleyah

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:28 PM

View Postmartyjay75, on July 6th 2006, 07:30 PM, said:

Whenever my Sims get ready for a birthday, the game prompts you to set up a party and buy a birthday cake.  I know how to throw the party, but I can't find where to buy the cake.  Is it in the buy mode menu?  Or do you have to go to one of the community lots to purchase it?  If so, which lot?
Thanks,

Marty

It's in buy mode...  if things are sorted by type, and not room, there should be an "icon" with three dots on, click there.. then the balloon "icon"... should be there.

Good luck, mate!

#79 Mister Mumbles

Mister Mumbles

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2511 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 05:29 PM

You know, I noticed something funny. Note how it is said that the Rev E patch "Fixes a bug on Intel Macs where all offspring of a couple had identical facial features."

I'm not sure about that. In one of my families I have two kids. The second one looked exactly the same as my first, and she has all the same personality traits. Hmmm.
Formerly known as a Mac gamer.

#80 simsbaby

simsbaby

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 05:20 PM

Hmm, I heard about that problem on the pc, before you enter a house go into CAS! and click on the dice a few times to get the thing working right.

As long as I am here I might as well show my problem. When playing on my MacBook Pro sometimes when exiting a house the terrain will look all odd from neighborhood view.
Posted Image
Another problem that I have been having since the base game is that if I take pictures a lot and then end up with two or more pages in the photo viewer and then try to delete a picture on any page that isn't the first one the picture that I selected won't delete. It will instead delete the last picture on the first page.

Intel iMac 2 GHz Core Duo
Ram : 2 GB
Hard Drive : 250 GB