#781 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17431 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:05 AM

View Postteflon, on March 20th 2008, 05:39 PM, said:

If the guy was genuine, Id expect him to set some personal details of some kind. say gender, local time zone etc. etc.
Actually I've done an awful lot of hand checking of new accounts, at least half an hour a day for well over a year, and in general it works out to be just the opposite.  Bots are usually packed with information in most if not all of the data slots.  Gamers typically just want to post something right now when they register and then come back later when they like the site to fill in details in their profile.

But anyway, he came back today and started broadcast spamming the forums so I deleted all his posts and banned his account.  I was prepared to move his first post to a proper forum in it's own thread too.  Too bad he couldn't keep his zipper up.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#782 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:18 AM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on March 21st 2008, 03:05 PM, said:

But anyway, he came back today and started broadcast spamming the forums so I deleted all his posts and banned his account.  I was prepared to move his first post to a proper forum in it's own thread too.  Too bad he couldn't keep his zipper up.

hmmm. that makes a fair amount of sense... but would be highly dependent on the registration forms and their layout. So seeing as were Invision, the bot would be able to pick out the standard form layout and register that way...

as for zippers. perhaps its been playing Postal 2 in the sickest way possible?? set people on fire and then put them out via... natural means....
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#783 AussieMacGamer

AussieMacGamer

Owner, 2nd Largest Topic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3087 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:57 AM

View Postteflon, on March 22nd 2008, 03:18 AM, said:

as for zippers. perhaps its been playing Postal 2 in the sickest way possible?? set people on fire and then put them out via... natural means....

...then watch them whimper and cry on the floor, smash their head off with a spade, then kick their corpse around and spray the head with... natural means... :glare:

IMG Resident Crackpot
"What you need is a dog or a girlfriend, or both, or one in the same!" -Gary Simmons Aka. The Battle Cat
15" Macbook Pro C2D 2.16Ghz ATI X1600 3Gb Ram w/Samsung 840 SSD R.I.P

2015 Mbp 13", 256gb SSD

Windows popsnizzlebox with a 5400rpm HD and a GTX 1060

Now Playing: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds/CS:GO/Rising Storm 2/The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine/Shenmue 1

#784 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17431 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:05 PM

I love chopping off a head in Postal 2 and then run around town kicking it like a ball.  You can light it on fire with a little gasoline then kick it into a crowd and set them on fire.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#785 Nail

Nail

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:28 PM

if you've befriended a dog, he'll fetch the head after you kick it down the street

:rotfl:

#786 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17431 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:19 PM

Yeah, he'll fetch lots of stuff.  In fact, playing with a dog is an alternate way to befriend him if you don't have dog biscuits.  Sometimes you can get a towns person to kick a head back to you too.  Don't hit them with it though, they'll start shooting.  What a great game that is.  I think I'll play that again, I'm in between games these days.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat