Hansi

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1785 posts
  • Steam ID:hansroberth

Posted 15 February 2006 - 05:30 AM

From a Oblivion interview:

And finally - how's Fallout 3 coming along?

Pete Hines: We've got a lot of folks working on that game now, and what I've seen of it so far is looking really good and has me very excited - I'm a big fan. We're approaching Fallout 3 as if we developed the first and second games - we're developing it just like we developed Oblivion. Fallout 3 is our baby, we want to stay true to what it is and we want to deliver something that all the fans think is worthwhile. We're trying to move the series forward, keeping it fresh and cool while staying true to its roots. When we're ready we'll let people know, and hopefully people will be excited about some of the ideas we have and some of the stuff we're up to.

God I hope it's coming to Mac.

http://www.computera...y.php?id=134191

#2 txa1265

txa1265

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:41 AM

Of course the sad & hilarious statement is

Fallout 3 is our baby, we want to stay true to what it is and we want to deliver something that all the fans think is worthwhile.

... like that is going to ever happen with a Fallout sequel ...
Dopelar effect (n.)  The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Check out my blog.

#3 Dark_Archon

Dark_Archon

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1792 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:53 PM

There is no way Bethesda is going to be able to pull this one off. I have nothing against the Elder Scrolls games, but nothing Bethesda has ever made comes anywhere close to being comparable to Fallout. The only way this will work is if they hire the old Interplay team that worked on the original, and focus more on gameplay and story and less on graphics.
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 7 GB RAM SONY DW-D150A SuperDrive

#4 almondblight

almondblight

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:00 AM

From what I've heard, the old Interplay team was going to develop it before Bethesdasoft outbid them for the rights.

#5 Rubel

Rubel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

When their latest game is released (ES: Oblivion?), I think it will tell us a lot about what we'll see in Fallout 3. I hope that they have the sense to clearly differentiate the two worlds.
I left my heart in Port Montyhaul.

#6 Thain Esh Kelch

Thain Esh Kelch

Admin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3779 posts
  • Steam ID:thaineshkelch

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:28 PM

I soooo hope we get this game.. *Sigh*
"They're everywhere!" -And now, time for some Legend of Zelda.

iMac 2011, quad 3,4Ghz i7, 1TB Samsung EVO 840, 8GB RAM, 2GB Radeon 6970m. + 2016 Macbook m3 + iPad 2 64GB + iPhone 4S 64GB + Girlfriend + Daughter

#7 Luminus

Luminus

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:37 PM

View PostDark_Archon, on February 15th 2006, 02:53 PM, said:

There is no way Bethesda is going to be able to pull this one off. I have nothing against the Elder Scrolls games, but nothing Bethesda has ever made comes anywhere close to being comparable to Fallout. The only way this will work is if they hire the old Interplay team that worked on the original, and focus more on gameplay and story and less on graphics.

I wouldn't be so sure.  Bethesda hasn't proven they can pull it off, but they haven't proven they can't either.  It'll certainly be different from the old Fall Outs (first person, real time is a given I think), but I'm still expecting a darn good game.

And what do you mean focus on gameplay more and less on graphics?  Morrowind's graphics were great, but to me the gameplay was even better.  So much to explore, so much to do, and so many different skills/spells to learn.

The story did kinda stink, though.

#8 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:53 AM

View PostLuminus, on February 19th 2006, 08:37 PM, said:

And what do you mean focus on gameplay more and less on graphics?

They missed a lot of the attention to detail. From the character trait icons to the shantitowns, Fallout had both style and substance packed in like sand under glowing green glass.

#9 RefinedSugar

RefinedSugar

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:41 PM

Most times, I'd be all about nice looking graphics, but for me Fallout will always be 2D top down time-based combat. If the story and atmosphere is in place then I'm willing to put up with classic Fallout graphics.
.: Got any Nuka Cola? :.

#10 bookman

bookman

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1580 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:08 PM

I list Fallout as one of the certifiable masterpieces of computer gaming. Nothing quite so cool as playing through that game the first time, except maybe playing through the second time.
Work: MacBook - 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo - 4GB RAM - X3100 graphics.
Home: Mini - 2.0 Ghz Core2Duo - 2 GB RAM - GeForce 9400 graphics.

#11 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 05:34 PM

View Postbookman, on February 21st 2006, 10:08 PM, said:

I list Fallout as one of the certifiable masterpieces of computer gaming. Nothing quite so cool as playing through that game the first time, except maybe playing through the second time.

Has anybody ever seen the cast of this game? A lot of minor stars did voice acting on it, I'm pretty impressed. Check it out: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134648/

#12 DavidM

DavidM

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:33 PM

Official web site Fallout 3

They are counting down, 34 days left until a trailor is released.

Gamespot has this brief news item about the game and trailor

#13 Who Knows?

Who Knows?

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:59 AM

View Posttxa1265, on February 15th 2006, 07:41 AM, said:

Of course the sad & hilarious statement is

Fallout 3 is our baby, we want to stay true to what it is and we want to deliver something that all the fans think is worthwhile.

... like that is going to ever happen with a Fallout sequel ...

What's sadder that statement or the fact that I have fallout 1 and 2 on my hard drive and have never played either of them.   :mellow:
This isn't the signature you're looking for.

#14 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:34 AM

Pretty much a given that this will make it to the Mac, just like ES: Morrowind and ES: Oblivion made it to the Mac... oh wait... nevermind.

#15 Cyan421

Cyan421

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:04 AM

Rev-O with the save! About time ya'll realized no mac OS is gonna run this game.

#16 DavidM

DavidM

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:28 PM

You can let man dream, can't you? :blink:

#17 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:27 PM

View PostDavidM, on May 6th 2007, 06:28 PM, said:

You can let man dream, can't you? :blink:

No.  We are here to crush your dreams and grind them under the boot heels of despair.

I suppose I should play Fallout 2 one of these days, eh?

--Eric

#18 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:46 PM

View PostEric5h5, on May 6th 2007, 05:27 PM, said:

No.  We are here to crush your dreams and grind them under the boot heels of despair.

I suppose I should play Fallout 2 one of these days, eh?

--Eric

Some say despair, some say reality. You sat to-may-to, I say to-mah-to. ;)

#19 Huntn

Huntn

Verbal Windbag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4074 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:49 AM

I assume Aspyr and other Mac game companies actively seek out new titles to port. It would be interesting to know what stops titles like Elder Scrolls 4 from appearing on the Mac. I'd like to confirm it is the Havok license fee or know what other issues normally stand in the way of a port?

#20 Rev-O

Rev-O

BANNED

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1215 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:25 AM

View PostHuntn, on May 7th 2007, 05:49 AM, said:

I assume Aspyr and other Mac game companies actively seek out new titles to port. It would be interesting to know what stops titles like Elder Scrolls 4 from appearing on the Mac. I'd like to confirm it is the Havok license fee or know what other issues normally stand in the way of a port?

I suspect it is some combination of Bethesda having zero interest in Mac support, wanting a huge lisencing fee for ES games, and the huge task porting an ES game would be for a Mac game porter. ES: Morrowind did not use Havok and something kept it off the Mac, even though it would have been fairly popular I'd imagine. Heck, I'd pick up a Mac version of ES3 today if someone released it.
Fallout 3 is supposedly using much the same engine as Oblivion from what vague statements have been made by Bethesda.