#481 Pat

Pat

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

View Postedddeduck, on 23 January 2012 - 10:55 AM, said:

If only it was that simple Pat :) It is not just the game as this issue was not a prevalent when the game launched with 10.2. (I think... it was a long time ago). I am sure Feral (or Codemasters) would have noticed before the game was launched if it was something as huge as you are seeing now so it is likely more than just than just the game code. I know other games work fine as Ford Racing 2, Race Driver 3 and Dirt 2 all work without the deadspot problem so the game code does have something to do with it but I doubt it is the only factor.

In this thread/ post you  stated the dead spot as: "Actually it was designed to use Analogue stick inputs, the small dead-zone is built into all versions of the game . . "

http://www.insidemac...ndpost&p=349719

I'm sure i've read other statements by you like this as to my knowledge of the issue and other users having it too
I own the other race games and they have no issues like CMR

#482 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:58 AM

View PostPat, on 23 January 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

In this thread/ post you  stated the dead spot as: "Actually it was designed to use Analogue stick inputs, the small dead-zone is built into all versions of the game . . "

Yes all games have a very small dead spot in the wheel/joystick (usually for calibration purposes or to stop the car drifting slightly) your complaint is for a very big dead spot which as your's and others prove is a bug of some kind.

I'm sure i've read other statements by you like this as to my knowledge of the issue and other users having it too

I know other people have the issue as well (I can reproduce it here) but as I stated it was not as popular a request / problem as others so other games got patched first. The game is no longer available due to the license running out so patching it is no longer possible. We had hoped to patch the game for a digital release and fix the issues with the wheel calibration at the same time but this was not possible for the reasons I outlined above.

I own the other race games and they have no issues like CMR

I know that other games don't have this issue, Dirt 2 for example is not effected by this.

JaguarGod your information as always is very useful.

Edwin

#483 silicongurnu

silicongurnu

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

Hi eddie,

Any chance Colin 2005 or Toca 3 will be available as a download from the Apple app store or from the Feral store?

thx

#484 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:19 AM

View Postsilicongurnu, on 27 March 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

Hi eddie,

Any chance Colin 2005 or Toca 3 will be available as a download from the Apple app store or from the Feral store?

thx

The game is no longer available (on any platform) due to the license running out so patching for the AppSTore or any store is not possible. We do have Dirt 2 in the store though...

Edwin

#485 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7178 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

I recently tried to get CMR Mac work properly with either an Xbox 360 or a PS3 controller, but with only mixed success. What bugs me most of all is that I cannot seem to get the game recognise the analog triggers for throttle and brakes. Has anyone else tried this, maybe with more success?

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#486 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:23 AM

View PostJanichsan, on 17 August 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

I recently tried to get CMR Mac work properly with either an Xbox 360 or a PS3 controller, but with only mixed success. What bugs me most of all is that I cannot seem to get the game recognise the analog triggers for throttle and brakes. Has anyone else tried this, maybe with more success?

I am pretty sure you cannot get analogue on the gamepad accel/brake with those pads. The game has since been removed from sale worldwide on all platforms so no patch to fix this will be coming.

Edwin

#487 Janichsan

Janichsan

Jugger Bugger

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7178 posts
  • Steam Name:Janichsan

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

View Postedddeduck, on 20 August 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

I am pretty sure you cannot get analogue on the gamepad accel/brake with those pads.
Blast. After having played several games with analogue throttle and brakes on my PS3, this is giving me a hard time getting back into CMR.

"We do what we must, because we can."
"Gaming on a Mac is like women on the internet." — "Highly common and totally awesome?"

#488 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3243 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

On the other hand, they work great with DiRT2.. I played the demo the other day with my wireless 360 pad and that worked great.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#489 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:15 AM

View PostSmoke_Tetsu, on 20 August 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

On the other hand, they work great with DiRT2.. I played the demo the other day with my wireless 360 pad and that worked great.

Yep our newer games support analogue acceleration on a few pads (but not all). Colin McRae was released about 5 years ago and analogue shoulder pads were something very new and not supported in the game code.

Edwin

#490 Smoke_Tetsu

Smoke_Tetsu

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3243 posts
  • Steam Name:Tetsu Jutsu
  • Steam ID:smoke_tetsu

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:17 AM

To be honest with you though I'm probably more of an arcade kart racing type dude... (hell, my favorite racing game at the moment is Mario Kart Wii in Dolphin with my Wii Wheel  :cool: ) but I figured I'd give the demo of DiRT2 a try just to see how well it would run and it runs rather well... analog controls and all.

I really liked the gamepad controls in Mafia II as well with the driving.
--Tetsuo

Alex Delarg, A Clockwork Orange said:

It's funny how the colors of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen.

the Battle Cat said:

Slower and faster? I'm sorry to hear such good news?

Late 2012 27 inch iMac, Core i7 Quad 3.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB, 3TB HDD - Mavericks

Late 2009 27 inch iMac, Core i5 2.6GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB, 1TB HDD - Mavericks

Mac Mini, PowerPC G4 1.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9200 32MB, 256GB HDD - Leopard

Dell Inspiron 1200 Notebook: 1.2GHz Celeron, 1.2GB RAM, Intel GMA915, 75GB HDD - Ubuntu

Generic Black Tower PC, Dual Core 64-bit 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, GeForce 9600 GT 512MB - Windows 7

#491 Pat

Pat

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:26 AM

So with no patch expected for the "dead spot" of the racing wheels
What are the alternatives?

Is it possible that there is a  program that can intercept the data from the wheel before it reaches CMR
And add a configured value to alter the ouput to start ahead of the dead spot on both the left and right turns?

Even less likely,  the community is probably too small to hope for a user made patch.

#492 lewdvig

lewdvig

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Dirt is great, but GRID is so much better - so much variety, the drifting especially.

It would be great to see GRID 2 on Mac. That would be a timeless classic.

#493 Pat

Pat

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Why Force feedback is so poor . . . .?
I've given up on playing this becasue of the built in dead spot on the wheels
But now after giving it another round . . .
I'm aware that the Force Feedback barely works . . .
There is no real Force felt like all the other games . . . just some random stuff at corners . . etc . . .
Tested on:
macbook pro 10.5.8
G4/ G5 10.4.11 & 10.5.8

I really enjoy F1 CS2000 and N2003 with mods, however CMR  should have never been realesed with these issues
I use PPC's for gamming and CMR would have rocked . .

So whats the fix for the FF?
I've tried all settings from min to max vibration and also the car set up with frim shocks and sways but nothing gets it going.

Anyone actually have real working FF ?

#494 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

View PostPat, on 01 December 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Why Force feedback is so poor . . . .?
I've given up on playing this becasue of the built in dead spot on the wheels
But now after giving it another round . . .
I'm aware that the Force Feedback barely works . . .
There is no real Force felt like all the other games . . . just some random stuff at corners . . etc . . .
Tested on:
macbook pro 10.5.8
G4/ G5 10.4.11 & 10.5.8

I really enjoy F1 CS2000 and N2003 with mods, however CMR  should have never been realesed with these issues

So whats the fix for the FF?
I've tried all settings from min to max vibration and also the car set up with frim shocks and sways but nothing gets it going.

Anyone actually have real working FF ?
As I stated in an earlier reply in this thread, I have tried quite a few wheels and also the Logitech Momo, DFGT and the G27 that utilize the FFB feature. All of them worked about the same. There really is no "fix" for the bad FFB. You can set up the wheel to suit it best you can along with setting up your car perfectly, but the FFB in CMRM is not very good and does not give you a sense of control. It never really gives you the feeling of the road beneath you or when you are on the edge of control. Just some very slow and way too infrequent bumps. And this will never be fixed as Feral has moved on from this game. I really enjoyed CMRM as it was pure rally racing and in my opinion was a great game. But yes, the FFB was not good.

I will say this.... You are still playing NASCAR 2003 and that is a great game. Since I am no longer using my G5, I really miss that game. It had so many mods and the control was absolutely spot on. Also, F1 2000 CS was a great game too. I can't believe that game is so old now.
My Badge Of Honor - Single Father of Three
Dedicated to My Mother, Patricia Lee Frabotta 1947-2009
Official Auto Sport Driving Website

#495 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:01 AM

View PostPat, on 01 December 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

CMR  should have never been realesed with these issues
Way back when it was released the FFB worked sometime between now and then it has gotten worse, the thing is the game is no longer available to purchase on any platform as the licenses have run out. This means we CANNOT patch the game even if we wanted to.

Apple then removed part of the FFB support from the OS a few releases ago meaning all the logitech pads no longer vibrate as expected. However the 360 pads work as expected.

It's not great but it's not like we can do anything about it as legally the game is dead now.

Edwin

#496 JaguarGod

JaguarGod

SiniScope Productions Inc

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

View Postedddeduck, on 03 December 2012 - 09:01 AM, said:

Way back when it was released the FFB worked sometime between now and then it has gotten worse, the thing is the game is no longer available to purchase on any platform as the licenses have run out. This means we CANNOT patch the game even if we wanted to.

Apple then removed part of the FFB support from the OS a few releases ago meaning all the logitech pads no longer vibrate as expected. However the 360 pads work as expected.

It's not great but it's not like we can do anything about it as legally the game is dead now.

Edwin
It's too bad that the license is out of date for this game. It was a great 'pure' rally game. If the control and FFB were as good as Dirt 2, it would be my favorite rally game. Something about the locations and simplicity of the game that made it feel a bit more real to me. I still play it a bit, but the deadzone issue and strange FFB make it hard to feel connected. No matter what, I am thankful that you guys are releasing these racing games.
My Badge Of Honor - Single Father of Three
Dedicated to My Mother, Patricia Lee Frabotta 1947-2009
Official Auto Sport Driving Website

#497 Andrew

Andrew

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

Just happened on this thread. Have to say that CMR's replayability is right up there. I fire up CMR with my kids on 4 Macs at home every now and then and we have a blast. We are all used to playing via keyboard so various controller issues dont affect us (though hate having to always find the relevant CD to play). Out of interest, can anyone confirm if it works fine under Mavericks?

#498 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:00 AM

Yes the game still works under Mavericks but the issues setup controllers remain - I would have to dig out my older steering wheel to play it.

#499 mattw

mattw

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:21 AM

Probably should clarify it isn't that the wheel isn't recognised at all it is that you get stuck in the menus unable to go back or select and item. For instance in time trial I can't select manual gears or get back out of that menu once in it. The keyboard no longer works in these selection menus either so you have then have to command q to get out of the game.

#500 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:13 AM

View Postmattw, on 28 December 2013 - 08:21 AM, said:

Probably should clarify it isn't that the wheel isn't recognised at all it is that you get stuck in the menus unable to go back or select and item.

I should clarify this only happens on a single model of Logitech wheel (due to it not reporting buttons as expected FormulaForce as I recall) all other models of wheel should be fine as are all known gamepads.

Edwin