#1 teamturbo_2000

teamturbo_2000

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:16 AM

Hey guys.

Anything new on Colin McRae Rally 05 for Mac?  I guess they didn't make the dead line.  Does that mean it will be Colin McRae Rally 06?  (I guess)  Anyway, I've been dying for this game to come out.  I've played it before and the driving simulation is fantastic in my opinion.  The game is nothing but a blast, I especially like the damage.  "Oh crap!  My rear axle just ripped off my car!"

I'll buy it the day it comes out....if it comes out....
My Setup
iMac 24" Intel Core 2 Duo (2.16)
2 Gigs Ram
7600 GT 256MB Graphics Card
Blue Toothed Keyboard & Mighty Mouse

#2 MacProject

MacProject

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:02 AM

View Postteamturbo_2000, on January 31st 2006, 02:16 AM, said:

Hey guys.

Anything new on Colin McRae Rally 05 for Mac?  I guess they didn't make the dead line.  Does that mean it will be Colin McRae Rally 06?  (I guess)  Anyway, I've been dying for this game to come out.  I've played it before and the driving simulation is fantastic in my opinion.  The game is nothing but a blast, I especially like the damage.  "Oh crap!  My rear axle just ripped off my car!"

I'll buy it the day it comes out....if it comes out....

It will still be CMR05 since it's based off the PC and Xbox code.  But yeah, the game will be pushing nearly 2 years old when it hits the Mac since it came out around the summer of 2004 originally.  Still though, the game is great so it'll be worth the wait.

#3 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 15789 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:56 AM

View Postteamturbo_2000, on January 30th 2006, 11:16 PM, said:

[...] the driving simulation is fantastic in my opinion.  [...] "Oh crap!  My rear axle just ripped off my car!"
They sent a team over to my house to research the physics of my wife parallel parking the car.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#4 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:24 AM

Colin is still in development. :)

The release has been delayed due to Feral's decision to support the X86 Macs, this meant we had to change our development plans for the project when Apple announced the X86 machines.

This means the port has been delayed due to this additional work. The good news is Colin McRae 2005 will run on any Macintosh PPC or X86 in native mode from release.

Edwin

#5 Civic

Civic

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:31 AM

How about making preorders available already, though? And what about the 'special deal' I mentioned on GameRanger? Could give the MP some more attention, maybe even a banner for it on there additionally (I can't see/stand the ad for RoN anymore...). :)

#6 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:48 AM

View PostCivic, on January 31st 2006, 10:31 AM, said:

How about making preorders available already, though? And what about the 'special deal' I mentioned on GameRanger? Could give the MP some more attention, maybe even a banner for it on there additionally (I can't see/stand the ad for RoN anymore...). :)

We don't turn on Pre Order until we have a fixed shipping date.  If dates change (like they did due to our decision for a X86 native mode) people will complain about them having a pre-order and the game has been delayed, or the provisional spec has changed.

In the run up to release I am sure we will have some banners and competitions for Colin. If you are in London we will probably show it off at the Apple Regent Street store before (or just after) the release.

Edwin

#7 striderdm1

striderdm1

Macologist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:24 PM

Mine's been pre-ordered for a while now! Damn those x86 Macs for making me wait!!!!!  ;)
AppleCrypt Mods  (as dead as a Dodo!)

#8 placy

placy

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:08 PM

View Postedddeduck, on January 31st 2006, 05:24 PM, said:

Colin is still in development. :)

The release has been delayed due to Feral's decision to support the X86 Macs, this meant we had to change our development plans for the project when Apple announced the X86 machines.

This means the port has been delayed due to this additional work. The good news is Colin McRae 2005 will run on any Macintosh PPC or X86 in native mode from release.

Edwin

I don't suppose there are plans to update Enemy Engaged to a universal binary?

:unsure:

#9 iRolley

iRolley

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:31 PM

View Postthe Battle Cat, on January 31st 2006, 10:56 AM, said:

They sent a team over to my house to research the physics of my wife parallel parking the car.

BWAHAHAHA  :lol:
Beautiful, thanks for the laugh, you just made my day  :P

Oh yes, and I can't wait for this game... I played it on the XBox and the "feel" was incredible.

#10 teamturbo_2000

teamturbo_2000

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:15 AM

View PostiRolley, on January 31st 2006, 10:31 PM, said:

BWAHAHAHA  :lol:
Beautiful, thanks for the laugh, you just made my day  :P

Oh yes, and I can't wait for this game... I played it on the XBox and the "feel" was incredible.

Yeah, I agree.  The game is totally amazing.  I played it on Xbox that I borrowed from a friend and played it till my thumbs got blisters.  Seriously, I rubbed down all the skin off the thumbs.  Hurt like hell, but I kept going at it all freakin day.

I've read that the game is extremely hard on expert mode.  To a point where it's literally impossible to get the times.  Managing last place according to PC Gamer on expert mode means you're good.  That's good to hear.  I honestly consider myself an abnormally good video game drive so I think I can do it.  That's another story tough.
My Setup
2 Gigs Ram

#11 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 04:10 AM

View Postplacy, on January 31st 2006, 08:08 PM, said:

I don't suppose there are plans to update Enemy Engaged to a universal binary?

:unsure:

We are evaluating our older games to see the performance under Rossetta before making a decision. When we do we will post a news article letting people know. Cannot say anything else at the moment.

#12 Lord Heavy

Lord Heavy

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 11:06 AM

View Postedddeduck, on January 31st 2006, 05:48 PM, said:

In the run up to release I am sure we will have some banners and competitions for Colin. If you are in London we will probably show it off at the Apple Regent Street store before (or just after) the release.

Edwin

Excellent news! Very much looking forward to this game's release. And even better as I work just round the corner from the Regents Street store!  :D
Mac Pro Quad Xeon Intel 5100 2.66ghz|2gb RAM|nVidia 8800GT 512mb|4 x 250gb  SATAII
MacBook Intel Core 2 Duo 2ghz|4gb RAM|Intel GMA 950 64mb|80gb SATA

#13 Guest_Cash68_*

Guest_Cash68_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 February 2006 - 12:00 PM

I'm excited too.  I'm a big rally fan, I go to a pro rally race every year.  :D  This game looks sweet!  If you need me to beta test or antyhing, please contact me!  :)

#14 teamturbo_2000

teamturbo_2000

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 02:46 PM

View PostCash68, on February 1st 2006, 12:00 PM, said:

I'm excited too.  I'm a big rally fan, I go to a pro rally race every year.  :D  This game looks sweet!  If you need me to beta test or antyhing, please contact me!  :)

Speaking of "Betta Test", believe this or not, I was visiting my brother in Seattle.  He goes to Washington State University.  We were going through campus & were approached by this asian guy speaking asian-English (respectfully).  He asked us if we'd be interested in testing a new simulator they're developing and at the same time, get payed $50 check for one hour of testing.  Heck yeah man!.  So, we hopped into his Honda van and he took us to the testing facility.  A room with a super computer (I imagine, this thing was huge, bigger than 2 closets.)  I the middle of the room was an old Saturn car (90-95ish) sitting on a platform hooked up to a bunch of cables.  I got into the car which was stationary but the dials moved when the accelerator was depressed. (Speed, RPM, Etc.)  In front of the the car, were 3 huge screens.  One in front, one on the left, one on the right, all connecting each other.  I was given instructions by the 'developing team' to do basic things.  Drive the vehicle to a certain point, do turns, touch certain objects.  Overall, the graphics were very simple, qubeish for the most part, with almost no detial.  After about an 40 min of driving the sim, I had to take a questioner on the sim.  They asked me a bunch of Q's on the sim's reaction, etc, etc.  Then, I got a $50 check and it was my bro's turn.  (BTW- he was not allowed to view the sim while I was testing it.  He was only allowed in once I finished.)

So yeah, that's my story.  I don't know what they were developing, they didn't say.  It's an experience to tell tough.  I was a test subject!  Yey!
My Setup
2 Gigs Ram

#15 data

data

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 01:49 AM

Does anyone know some tentative system requirements ? I absolutely love rally car racing games, but I fear my poor old mac mini won't be able to handle it! Any info would be much appreciated.

#16 teamturbo_2000

teamturbo_2000

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 02:48 PM

View Postdata, on February 2nd 2006, 01:49 AM, said:

Does anyone know some tentative system requirements ? I absolutely love rally car racing games, but I fear my poor old mac mini won't be able to handle it! Any info would be much appreciated.

I would guess the minimum system requirements is G4 1.4GHZ with 512Ram, 32MB Graphics card, 2G of disk space.
My Setup
2 Gigs Ram

#17 edddeduck

edddeduck

Feral Interactive

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1209 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:37 AM

View Postdata, on February 2nd 2006, 12:49 AM, said:

View Postedddeduck, on January 18th 2006, 03:22 AM, said:

Sorry to sound like a broken record but I can only say what I always say at this point, the spec will be
close to the PC spec but we don't release any Mac specs until we are 100% (or at least 99% ;)) sure.

I think it is better so say nothing until you can confirm the specs than have estimated specs that might change a few times before release.

It will of course run very nicely on the new intel machines in native mode :), PPC minimum specs are as I said undecided but will be around the PC originals.

Cheers,

Edwin

As such the Mac Mini will be close to the minimum spec but I cannot say any more until we are sure of the minimum spec for the title. We will have a news article on our site and I will try and remember to post in the threads letting people know once it has been finalised.

Cheers,

Edwin

#18 Guest_Cash68_*

Guest_Cash68_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:11 AM

View Postedddeduck, on February 3rd 2006, 03:37 AM, said:

As such the Mac Mini will be close to the minimum spec but I cannot say any more until we are sure of the minimum spec for the title. We will have a news article on our site and I will try and remember to post in the threads letting people know once it has been finalised.

Cheers,

Edwin

Well, if you wanted to see how well it would run on a dual 1.3ghz g4 with 1.5 gigs ram and a 9800, please send me a prerelease copy and I'll let you know.   :P

#19 iRolley

iRolley

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:51 PM

View PostCash68, on February 3rd 2006, 09:11 AM, said:

Well, if you wanted to see how well it would run on a dual 1.3ghz g4 with 1.5 gigs ram and a 9800, please send me a prerelease copy and I'll let you know.   :P

You forgot the Steering wheel! Feral should send you the Beta right now with a steering wheel, for free obviously since you are doing them such a huge favor. And when the Final is ready, they should sent it to you and wait for you to receive the copy before starting to sell it.

But that's just my opinion. Obviously there are always some people blinded by the sign written on the wall of their imagination. To all of them: I am sorry, don't ask, I cannot help you.

Ha !

:teehee:

#20 silicongurnu

silicongurnu

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 06:12 AM

Will Colin McRae Racing 2005 for Mac be using the Starforce protection system like on the PC side?

Thx