164 replies to this topic

#41 maccer

maccer

Notorious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:48 AM

When I browse the forums without being logged in, I don't see smileys but only text strings like (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

This happens with both Firefox 1.5.0.4 and Safari 2.0.4

#42 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:52 AM

Guests dont see a lot of things.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#43 Hapa Hanu

Hapa Hanu

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

I have noticed with some browsers that the color of a members name in the online users listing carrys over.

For example;
Posted Image

The orange color of the first member displayed "taints" the commas separating the other members.

I am uncertain how the IPB handles member color, but with IF, member colors are closed with a </span> tag.

#44 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:48 PM

That is a bug that needs to be reported to Invision Power Services.  That's not our doing as far as I can tell.  Good eye and thanks for the heads up.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#45 XxtraLarGe

XxtraLarGe

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2324 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:54 AM

I don't know if this is something new, or just a glitch. When I visit the page and click the "view new posts" link, I get the same typical list as I always did, but now some of the items show the words "New Posts" instead of the folder icon. What's up with that?

#46 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:17 PM

Ignore that.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#47 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:18 PM

10 minutes eh?  ;)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#48 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:25 PM

*shrug* :innocent:

-Fm [1oM7]

#49 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 09:43 PM

OoooOOoooh! I like this update, I'm in the top 20 posters.
EDIT: Wow, quite an update, I was just thinking today about a member rating system.(yes, I have no life)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

#50 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:56 AM

View PostStopDropBurn, on January 4th 2007, 07:18 PM, said:

10 minutes eh?  ;)
Frigidman travels at relativistic speeds.  Ten minutes to him is like dog minutes to the rest of us.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#51 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:01 AM

OK, I think I found a glitch.  The Quick Edit feature will not work for me.  Clicking on "Complete Edit" makes the window jump to near the top of the page but the editor is still open when you scroll back down to it.  Trying to use the "Use Full Editor" button from the Quick Edit produces the same result.  

I'm running OS10.4.8 with the latest Safari.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#52 Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2227 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:09 AM

not a really big or annoying bug, but i thought i might point out that when dragging the "My Assistant" window all the scroll bars appear on top.

Posted Image

Im running FireFox 2.0.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.4.8

#53 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

Lemon Lime: Its a css bug with the ipb code. Does the same thing on other sites using the stock skin and v220... not sure how to fix it anyhow... its a weird one huh.

tBC: Not sure what to say ... heh. I cant reproduce it :\ anyone else? ... not sure if thats a glitch with IMG skin conflicting, or something IPB has done wrong. I do know IPB has a NEW 2.2.1 update, which I need to install, but cannot download right now to do so as the ipb client area is a bit hosed... so it may be next week sometime till I get that update installed.

EDIT: Yup... just edited my post... hmmmm.

-Fm [1oM7]

#54 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:33 AM

I've edited several of my posts since the update, using both Quick Edit, and Full Edit, and they both work fine for me.

#55 Dark_Archon

Dark_Archon

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1792 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:46 PM

I had trouble with quick edit also. When I hit complete edit, it goes to the top of the page. I'm using 10.4.8 and the newest version of Firefox.

Edit: Full edit works fine for me. The only problem is quick edit.
Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 7 GB RAM SONY DW-D150A SuperDrive

#56 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:54 PM

Hmm. I'm on 10.4.8 right now with the latest Firefox too... no issue. Very odd indeed.

I was going to ask if you were pro or not... but as I can see, you are pro as well as I, and tBC, so that couldnt be the cause (pro see a slightly different skin header than non-pro).

I dunno man!!! I cant get it t ofreak out ............... any ideas? Anything you may be doing... like, tabs, windows, multi windows, mutli tabs, editing, and fast reply, and assistant, and friends lists all open at once? Hmm... ?

EDIT: well... nope on those, I opened everything I could, and still got the editor and edited this post... wtf!

-Fm [1oM7]

#57 StopDropBurn

StopDropBurn

Master Blaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2437 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:58 PM

Whoa, friend lists now?

#58 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

View PostFrigidman, on January 5th 2007, 11:54 AM, said:

Hmm. I'm on 10.4.8 right now with the latest Firefox too... no issue. Very odd indeed.

I was going to ask if you were pro or not... but as I can see, you are pro as well as I, and tBC, so that couldnt be the cause (pro see a slightly different skin header than non-pro).

I dunno man!!! I cant get it t ofreak out ............... any ideas? Anything you may be doing... like, tabs, windows, multi windows, mutli tabs, editing, and fast reply, and assistant, and friends lists all open at once? Hmm... ?

EDIT: well... nope on those, I opened everything I could, and still got the editor and edited this post... wtf!
I only have one window open, only editing a single post using only the quick edit, no friends or assistant or anything else running, but I am using 3 tabs.  I've always used tabs in the past though, that is how I have browsed the forums for years.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#59 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:33 PM

Not sure. I just tried fresh new window, no tabs. Then tabs. Then more windows and more tabs.

I use tabs myself... middle-click goes to new tab, and thats how I read posts. I cannot seem to get the edit (quick or full) to fail on me. It sounds like its javascript breaking, and clicking on the link simply makes the browser go to "#" which is the top of the window. You got javascript on I presume... so that shouldnt be the problem. Its real odd though, seeing how it sorta works... then sorta not.

I even opened up safari on 10.3.9 and couldnt get it to fail me.

Maybe this is something fixed in 2.2.1 ... wish they would make better changelists for their updates.

EDIT:
Oh sure, I go to edit this post after its done, and firefox starts doing that stupid 'lets freeze on javascript' bug... grr. I hate that. I get that problem on many forum sites (even ones using a different forum system). usually when I click on the forums "Fast Reply" button to pop open the form for typing it locks up. This time it did it on edit.

-Fm [1oM7]

#60 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17382 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:17 PM

The problem seems to have gone away.  Did you tweak something Fm?  My quick edit is back.  Thanks!

[Edit - Yep, quick edit is back! - tBC]
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat