#21 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7160 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:59 PM

View PostFrigidman, on January 21st 2006, 09:38 AM, said:

This new update of the IPB code did a LOT of changes to the DB, and other structures, so I no doubt see there being some cleanup issues.

Oh, OK.  I can deal with that.  :)

--Eric

#22 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts
  • Steam ID:frigidman
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:18 PM

View PostAbsorbed Bernie, on January 21st 2006, 11:49 AM, said:

Agreed. One question: When a second post is merged, which time stamp is displayed: first or second?
Don't know really. I'd have to dig into the most unfriendly code that makes up IPB and try and find out, or, someone can post multiple times in a row and see if the time changes on the post.

View PostAbsorbed Bernie, on January 21st 2006, 11:49 AM, said:

I'm surprised that there is not a setting somewhere that you can set.
The only setting for it is how long between posts, does it merge them. Entering 0 will turn off merging completely. Right now it is at 10 minutes time between posts of the same person they get merged.

Now, does that mean if someone else posts in the middle of two posts of the same user, does it still merge it, or not? That is one of those things that two different people would have to coordinate and try out to see if it does.

If this merging becomes a problem, or hassle, then I can simply turn it off. Just let me know.

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#23 OverLoad

OverLoad

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:28 PM

View PostFrigidman, on January 22nd 2006, 07:18 AM, said:

Now, does that mean if someone else posts in the middle of two posts of the same user, does it still merge it, or not? That is one of those things that two different people would have to coordinate and try out to see if it does.
Posting in the middle does interrupt the merge.

If you review this thread, you'll see I managed to interrupt Bernie's intended merges at least once.

Good work on the new functionality, Frigidman, these forums work better than ever!

#24 Peripherus

Peripherus

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:33 PM

The "View Member's Posts" function seems to be missing from the member's profile.
17" iMac, 1GHz G4, 1GB, 64MB GeForce4 MX, Logitech MX500, 10.3.9.

#25 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:45 PM

View PostPeripherus, on January 23rd 2006, 08:33 PM, said:

The "View Member's Posts" function seems to be missing from the member's profile.
Nope, its still there. Just in a stupid little popup on the right upper corner of the profile, along with a bunch of other actions.

Remember guys, this is IPB forum code... I didn't add these features anymore than simply upgrading the code, and implementing IMG's specific alterations for Pro linking/skins/News topics. IPB gets the credit for any new awesome features, and IPB gets the blame for any stupidity ;-)

-Fm [1oM7]
"I'm not incorruptible, I am so corrupt nothing you can offer me is tempting." - Alfred Bester

#26 Peripherus

Peripherus

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:24 PM

View PostFrigidman, on January 24th 2006, 05:45 PM, said:

Nope, its still there. Just in a stupid little popup on the right upper corner of the profile, along with a bunch of other actions.

OK, found it  :)
17" iMac, 1GHz G4, 1GB, 64MB GeForce4 MX, Logitech MX500, 10.3.9.

#27 Maestro

Maestro

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • Steam Name:kgmoome

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:07 PM

eMail notifications link...

I can't reply to topics when i click on a link from an email notification. I get this message...

You did not enter any keywords to search by or the keywords you used are not permitted due to the high number of matches.

also, I do not get quoted text when i hit reply.

This also existed on the old board
Tortillas are sleeping bags for ground beef.

#28 Siriusfox

Siriusfox

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • Steam Name:opensiriusfox

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:02 PM

View PostMaestro, on January 30th 2006, 10:07 AM, said:

eMail notifications link...

I can't reply to topics when i click on a link from an email notification. I get this message...
also, I do not get quoted text when i hit reply.

This also existed on the old board
I had this problem for a time, but I found my problem. Cookies should be your problem. Don't delete the ones from IMG.
20'' iMac Intel Core Duo 2GHz, 10.6.5, 2GB RAM, 256MB ATI X1600

"Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog." -Doug Larson

#29 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 04:17 PM

Anyone else seeing the odd pop-under? They're bad in general, but with Firefox on OSX.4.6 it ups the ante because it kills the menu bar :*(

#30 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:14 AM

View Postbobbob, on May 2nd 2006, 06:17 PM, said:

Anyone else seeing the odd pop-under?

Me and Safari don't see no pop-unders, no siree.

--Eric

#31 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:11 AM

Unfortunately Firefox suckzorz ballzorz with respect to "blocking" pop-anywhere ads. They really need to get their shiznit in order and fix that bug... but by the looks of the progress of firefox, and their 'latest update' ... barely ANYTHING gets fixed in this thing.

Yet I still prefer it over Safari for the sheer reason of speed. When I had a modem, safari was great. Now that I have DSL, safari is god aweful slow.

Yet Firefox has so many little annoyances. One being the NON-blocking of pop-unders. Oh, it will say "Firefox has blocked some popup ads, click here for details"... but when I close the window I am in, wtf is this?! A window with an ad in it hiding behind the window! LIEESSS!!!

We feel your pain bobo... but there is NOTHING (I repeat this for effect now) NOOOOTTTHHHIIINNNGGGG I can do about the problem. Sorry.

-Fm [1oM7]

#32 Tesseract

Tesseract

Unmanageable Megaweight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3512 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:01 PM

Gratuitous browser plug: I'm using a beta version of OmniWeb 5.5 as my primary browser these days, and it is both fast and good. A few little rough spots as would be expected from a prerelease, but it hasn't crashed for me yet in 10 days of use.

#33 bobbob

bobbob

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3367 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

View PostFrigidman, on May 4th 2006, 07:11 AM, said:

Unfortunately Firefox suckzorz ballzorz with respect to "blocking" pop-anywhere ads

Can you talk more about the advertisers you've got enrolled who are using them and why you allow it? Or about what they think about recommending better pop-up blockers to the people your supposed to be serving ads to? I just think it's weird, I don't mean to be hostile.

#34 sillek

sillek

Heroic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:31 PM

For the past couple of days, the graphics are no longer there.  It's all text, and I'm not in Lo-Bandwidth mode.  Quotes don't work, either..just says "quote" and then the text.

Safari 2.0.3, OS 10.4.6

#35 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:36 PM

Really?

Wow.

Appears fine from my end. I wonder what happened... user error :D

-Fm [1oM7]

#36 Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Minion Tormentor

• Members
  • 7160 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:57 PM

View PostFrigidman, on May 10th 2006, 10:36 PM, said:

Appears fine from my end. I wonder what happened... user error :D

Yeah, fine here too.

Turn the graphics back on in your browser, and hit "reload."  :)

--Eric

#37 tiskippy

tiskippy

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:26 PM

View Postbobbob, on May 4th 2006, 03:32 PM, said:

Can you talk more about the advertisers you've got enrolled who are using them and why you allow it? Or about what they think about recommending better pop-up blockers to the people your supposed to be serving ads to? I just think it's weird, I don't mean to be hostile.

I'm curious as well.  Not sure if it is something on my end (Camino 1.0.1, 10.4.6), but the first time I come to the IMG forums & click anywhere on a page, I get a pop-up ad.  After that one, no problems at all.  This has been happening for a while (around when IntelliTXT ads started, I think.)

Anyone else having this happen?
Brandon
MacBook Pro, 2.16GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 15" Glossy Display

#38 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:41 PM

I get no popup from IMG in Safari, I don't block them either.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#39 Frost

Frost

Secretary of Offense

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6095 posts
  • Steam ID:CaptFrost

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:18 PM

What the hell. I just tried loading a topic (I'm sorry, I was opening multiple topics in separate windows, so I don't remember which) and this popped up.

IPSDriverError.webarchive
Kestrel (Falcon NW Tiki) – 4.0 GHz i7 4790K / 16GB RAM / 512GB Samsung 950 Pro M.2, 2x480GB Intel 730 (RAID0), 10TB STX BarraCuda Pro / GeForce GTX TITAN X 12GB
Iridium (MacBook Pro Mid-2012) – 2.7 GHz i7 3820QM / 16GB RAM / 2TB Samsung 850 Pro / GeForce GT 650M 1GB

Eric5h5:
When there's a multiplayer version, I'm going to be on Frost's team. Well, except he doesn't seem to actually need a team...I mean, what's the point? "Hey look, it's Frost and His Merry Gang of Useless Hangers-On!" Or something.

#40 Frigidman™

Frigidman™

Eye Sea Yew

• Admin
  • 4265 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:16 PM

Odd. System hiccup or some such ...

-Fm [1oM7]