#21 GlendaAdams

GlendaAdams

Maverick Software

• Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:49 AM

the Battle Cat, on December 16th 2005, 08:34 AM, said:

I had a breakthrough last night.  I managed to finally see the logos and listen to some commentary.  There is definitely a bug in the game, something that involves the profile settings.  What I did was to remove the Stubbs folder from user/documents and the Stubbs prefs from user/library/preferences.  I put them in a folder and put the folder into the trash but didn't empty it.  I restarted the game and this time rather than adjust my keyboard controls first thing, I went into the game and played the tutorial and the plaza.  I then went back into the unlocked first level and found the logos right where I thought they should have been the first dozen times I looked for them.

Next I adjusted my preferences, changed some keyboard controls, set the resolution up to 1280x1024.  After restarting the game I was able to go back and find the logos again.  (As an experiment, I dragged my preferences file to the desktop and fired up the game.  I was asked if I wanted to register the game, that was expected.  What I didn't expect was that my custom key settings were still intact and the resolution was still as I had set it to 1280x1024 but it seems logical that values are stored in the profile.)

Anyway, I found if you change your custom key settings first thing, you can't see the logos.  Play the game first and THEN change your custom key settings and you can see the logos.  That's a bug.  Hopefully you should be able to reproduce it.

View Post

Interesting!  Does setting the custom key settings first cause any other weirdness in the profile (not remembering keys, resolution, etc?)

If we can figure out why it's forgetting settings I think we'll be on the right track.  I'll forward your info on to QA to see if they can repro though.
Glenda
Glenda Adams
Maverick Software

#22 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:25 PM

GlendaAdams, on December 16th 2005, 08:49 AM, said:

Interesting!  Does setting the custom key settings first cause any other weirdness in the profile (not remembering keys, resolution, etc?)

If we can figure out why it's forgetting settings I think we'll be on the right track.  I'll forward your info on to QA to see if they can repro though.
Glenda

View Post

Thank you for giving this your personal attention!  Now that's service.  As far as I noticed, it only forgot my custom key settings and didn't allow me to view logos in unlocked levels.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#23 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 06:56 PM

Another weirdness occurred with the profile.  I played in profile A, then switched to profile B.  When I clicked to continue the game in profile B, it started me up where I last left off in profile A.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#24 zapranoth

zapranoth

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 03:21 AM

the Battle Cat, on December 17th 2005, 05:56 PM, said:

Another weirdness occurred with the profile.  I played in profile A, then switched to profile B.  When I clicked to continue the game in profile B, it started me up where I last left off in profile A.

View Post

Once I realized that I just had to play back through the game using the same profile, I started finding the logos all over the place.

Ah got uh plate in mah head...!
"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard, and floor it.
Floor it.  That's technical talk."   - SRV

#25 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 08:55 AM

So.  You are leaving The Logoless Ones support group and joining the silver-spooned, winners-in-the-lottery-of-life, logoed dorks?  ::tBC jams a hypo filled with bleach and ground glass into zapranoth's neck::  NOBODY COME NEAR ME!!  ::Froths at the mouth::
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#26 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 01:02 PM

No, wait! Z was just suggesting you get uh plate in yor haid! :o

::surveys results::

...too late...  :(

#27 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 04:04 PM

its ironic really... cos tBc wants to be a "logoed dork" too... bless, must boil down to when his dad wouldnt let him join the Hells Angels or something... so he couldnt get a hippo tattoo and look cool.. hence why he isnt logoed...

The moral of the story then...
play through stubbs using the same profile and see logos
OR
feel insecure? get a tattoo!!!

Vote NOW!
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor

#28 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 07:22 PM

teflon, on December 18th 2005, 02:04 PM, said:

its ironic really... cos tBc wants to be a "logoed dork" too... bless, must boil down to when his dad wouldnt let him join the Hells Angels or something... so he couldnt get a hippo tattoo and look cool.. hence why he isnt logoed...

The moral of the story then...
play through stubbs using the same profile and see logos
OR
feel insecure? get a tattoo!!!

Vote NOW!

View Post

You don't need to play through the entire game to see the logos.  Once you finish a level and start the next you can go back to the previous level and see the logos.  If, that is, you are one of the Logoed dorks.  Those less fortunate of us without logos will also be the ones you find in filthy Internet alleyways frozen solid in their excrement smeared virtual cardboard boxes on Christmas morning.
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#29 Batcat

Batcat

Uberspewer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2907 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 03:58 AM

the Battle Cat, on December 18th 2005, 08:22 PM, said:

You don't need to play through the entire game to see the logos.  Once you finish a level and start the next you can go back to the previous level and see the logos.  If, that is, you are one of the Logoed dorks.  Those less fortunate of us without logos will also be the ones you find in filthy Internet alleyways frozen solid in their excrement smeared virtual cardboard boxes on Christmas morning.
But then you'll be so much more cool, like ne'er-do-well Stubbs himself. Heck, you might even be able to look forward to being killed by shotgun and dumped inna cornfield.

How cool is that? :)

Me, I don't even have Stubbs yet. It costs... money... :(  maybe Santy will bring?

#30 the Battle Cat

the Battle Cat

Carnage Served Raw

• Admin
  • 17436 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 09:38 AM

::tBC grabs a whiskey bottle by the neck and busts the bottle on the curb::

I CUT YOU!  I CUT YOU BAD!!
Gary Simmons
the Battle Cat

#31 teflon

teflon

Bastard of the Popeye Analogy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9589 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 10:00 AM

by "you", you mean your hand... its a little known fact that unless you know how to smash a bottle on a curb properly, which is to wear some thick glass proof gloves, the cracks carry on up the glass to your hand. Also because people often grip the bottle very tightly, this can lead to some very very very nasty cuts on your hands...

anyway... cats dont have opposable thumbs... you can do that
Polytetrafluoroethylene to my friends.

Macbook Pro - C2D 2.4Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Geforce 8600M GT 256Mb / 15.4"
Cube - G4 1.7Ghz 7448 / 1.5GB RAM / Samsung Spinpoint 250GB / Geforce 6200 256Mb
Self-built PC - C2Q Q8300 2.5Ghz / 4GB RAM / Samsung 830 256GB SSD / Radeon 7850 OC 1GB / W7 x64
and a beautiful HP LP2475w 24" H-IPS monitor