106 replies to this topic

#101 Sternum

Sternum

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

Has anyone heard any news regarding the combat modifiers patch?

#102 schwa

schwa

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:02 AM

UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! We need an UPDATE!

#103 dojoboy

dojoboy

DJJ is the greatest!

• IMG Pro Users
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3449 posts
  • Steam ID:dojoboy65
  • Pro Member:Yes

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:17 AM

Sternum, on January 3rd 2006, 09:54 PM, said:

Has anyone heard any news regarding the combat modifiers patch?

View Post

It is going to get rolled into the 1.3 update.  I've not heard any movement on it yet.  I'll drop a note.
"There is no end to sorrow."  ---Van Gogh

#104 Rubel

Rubel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:07 PM

View Postsandman, on November 13th 2005, 01:19 PM, said:

I'm wondering if anyone has encountered what looks like a bug w/ land battles -- in the land battles i've fought, none of the little 'special modifier' icons show up in the space beneath the commanders' portraits -- the 'river crossing,' 'overstacked,' 'special ability' icons etc.  They show up fine in air & sea combat, but not in land (??).  Is anyone else experiencing this?  It doesn't seem like land combat conditions are being taken into account. For ex. i attacked an enemy across a river, and not only did no river-crossing penalty icon show up, but the readout said my troops were attcking/defending with 100% efficiency, which makes no sense.

Can you show me an example of this? Should they appear where the 'in supply', 'fortified', etc. icons appear? Or down below?

Also, I see a percentage of how much in supply the units are (which goes up if I press the supply boost button), but I'm not sure where it says the attacking/defense efficiency. This was much more clear in Victoria (now there's a first, eh?)

Thanks for any help bug spotting.
I left my heart in Port Montyhaul.

#105 Sarge_McGruff

Sarge_McGruff

Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

Question:
           What is the criteria for a corps to be available for a strategic reinforcement?

EDIT: nevermind, I got it.

#106 Sternum

Sternum

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:45 AM

View PostRubel, on January 25th 2006, 03:07 PM, said:

Can you show me an example of this? Should they appear where the 'in supply', 'fortified', etc. icons appear? Or down below?

If you click on the battle while it's underway, it takes you to a split window that lists all the corps involved. There's a portrait of the commanding officer on each side, and under the portrait, there are supposed to be icons detailing the various combat modifiers in effect. Currently, you can see modifiers for air and sea battles, but nothing for land battles.

#107 Rubel

Rubel

Legendary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:40 AM

I get it now. Thanks.
I left my heart in Port Montyhaul.